ForumsQuestshitBox Quests

17 15924
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Do you have the skills to simply fling your way towards these Quests for hitBox?

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18021/media/icon/e7312a1119f11cf873b5b3f46ffbd983.png?v=1464289752
21.74% Complete
Complete The First 10 Levels.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18021/media/icon/d457a4ccf879c11eb171db2814b9f586.png?v=1464289766
Down, Up And A Fling
Complete Level 30.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18021/media/icon/5d70d897155f07a565e102583d189b8d.png?v=1464289805
Slingin' Dat Black Dot
Complete The Game.
Hardness: Hard

• 17 Replies
Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Controls are kind of crappy, but very easy game overall. I thought it was awfully short though, it only took about 10ish minutes to beat the whole thing. Really needs more content (a level editor/creator would add immensely).

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Why do the controls feel clunky? The super jump (or quick click jump) seems to only work when it wants to. If feels like the game doesn't leave a big enough window for the jump to register and half the time the game just weakly ejects the cube instead of jumping far.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Which levels are these? I didn't have any problem with the controls.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

The earliest were levels 5 and 6. I struggled with it for a while. I would click and then instant click the second box, but instead of jumping out of the box the square would just be softly ejected. I think I just didn't have the timing down as I can do it much better now. What I find odd is that I struggled with this on two separate play sessions, It was the reason I stopped playing the game when I played it like a week or so ago.

There are also times when you click the box thinking the square will eject left but it goes right and vice versa. Like the square is ejecting the opposite angle of it's momentum. Again, it might have been just my rookie ability causing this, yet I did struggle with it in some of the later levels.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

3/3.

The game is very easy once you get into it (which takes about 2mins) and you will be solving most levels in <10secs. The whole game (46 levels, as you can see from the first quest's name) is over in ~12-15 mins. 400% better than another idle quests, though, even despite (or because of?) the game's length.
Personally, I had no problems with the controls.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm still not having any problems with the controls for this game.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Do we get bonus points for doing this on a touchpad?

bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

the game needs an update not a quest, as everyone said the controls are bad and will only be good for touchscreen computers. there's only one music, why would you ever add just one music. lastly fix it fix it fix it fix it.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Ah, it's not that bad. A decent set of quests, and if I can complete all 46 levels on a laptop with a touchpad, people with a mouse or a touchscreen should do just fine.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I found this game quite enjoyable, and relaxing after a recent Idle games strike! Still awaiting strategy/TD or action/RPG for further challenges as one of my favorite genres.

As for the tips, my only tip for the new players is to follow the logic of box movement, controls are not perfect but practice will surely help! You can actually spin the inner box if you have 2 outer boxes next to each other!

Solutions are not always obvious, and sometimes are kinda tricky (I mean sometime you will encounter more outer boxes than you actually need to complete the level , which are there as dead end or just to confuse the player)! However, game is not that kind of hard so happy quest hunting,

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Yeah, the difficulty here is in finesse control, not so much in puzzling out the solution -- although there are a couple of levels that are a little tricky to figure out.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I can't stand the bad controls... While it is very easy to figure out the solution to each puzzle and indeed does not take long, using the mouse midair while rapidly falling is not accurate at all. Not to mention that when you latch onto something, the box moves around a bit (despite almost ignoring physics for the rest of the game, it has to shake when you hit a box) and affects your next drop or even makes the box hit bombs...I know I know 'It is intentional on the levels this happens" but my point is that this game is a skill game, even more than a puzzle game. We have a massive amount of puzzle games that all have the 'skill' tag, why not this one?

Anyway, very annoying with the mouse. At worst case, it could have some sort of hotkeys and not rely on sheer precision...Not to mention that it lags, despite my good hardware (8GB RAM, Quad core 2.4 GHz processor, my point is that my desktop should absolutely wreck this game on any settings. Despite that, it has caused me to lose relatively easy levels more than once due to lagging -_- Haven't tested it on other browsers yet though. Could be Chrome and its famously crappy version of Pepper Flash which causes almost everything to lag)

xTheLonePixelx
xTheLonePixelx
46 posts
Peasant

I don't know why everyone says there are bad controls? I mean yes the window you have to do the super jump is short but it is controllable. Maybe if they made the window a bit longer it would be easier, but still the controls work just fine. Also, what do you expect from a mouse only game?

I give the game an 8.5/10.

Eragon119
Eragon119
2 posts
Peasant

I finished all the level its good control for my computer and it is easy if you work hard i got complete the game and i got the three badges too

Eragon119
Eragon119
2 posts
Peasant

I give 10 / 10

Showing 1-15 of 17