ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165394
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
XP: 5/20
---
HP: 12/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [5]

I sigh as I stroll over to the back, toward the bat man. "Need something?" I casually ask.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 8/20
---
---
Inventory:
$100

As you took your first sip of your morning coffee, you felt a rush and shook yourself slightly. Strong stuff, you thought as you drank it all. You made a few calls and organized repairs for the door and window. Then you though to yourself, I probably need money for that. Maybe insurance would cover it.
You took the metro to work. Some kids were laughing a little too loudly, screw it, it was too loud, and playing their music that spread across the train car.
You stepped and headed off to your workplace.
(Describe your workplace as you see fit. To be honest, I don't know what a steelworks looks like and what the workers do. Ugh, I sound so incompetent as a GM.)

Uh, I'll try.

After a long ride in the metro, we reach the industrial area of the city. I walk towards the large buildings with the smoking chimneys and the huge blast furnaces that reach into the sky like dark towers. Walking straight up to one of those, I enter the workers lockers, put on my protective heat resistant clothes and mask, and take up position in the casthouse at the bottom of the furnace, where I'll be tapping the slag and the molten metal, the latter flowing away to be formed into large ingots.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: (Benjamin Vincent) Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
His parents are probably fine
He's sherlock.
His restaurant is probably fine

---
XP: 1/20
---
HP: 20/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII}

"No it doesn't sir."

"Is it related to the mailman?"

"Hmm," the policeman said. "Apparently, the mailman's Todd the Todd. We've got a few reports of him running around trying to burn people's faces off. But it seems random. I think you were his third victim. The other two don't live near you whatsoever."

"Don't worry, sir. We'll get right on it. Thank you for your cooperation."

The police left. When you looked back at the clock, it was 8:30 a.m..

===

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
HP: 13/20

u wot m8

Better something than nothing at all, I guess.

Multiple items also get absorbed no problem. Let's try something large instead. I try making a large(at my best), single square block of ice and throw it at him. I hope dad's okay.
EDIT: If it succeds, i do it again. If not, i fire another good ol' Ice bolt.

You cast out a block of ice, hoping it did something. You heard the man grunt as the block impacted against his head. He fell to the ground, his head whipping against the floor, making his injury worse. Your dad was just about to get up when you saw his head encased in more black.

===

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [5]

I sigh as I stroll over to the back, toward the bat man. "Need something?" I casually ask.

The bat man said, "Can you tell me who is which?"

You looked in front of you, and a thought struck your head.

Am I in a generic plotline right now?

Scar was there. And another woman that looked like Scar, whom you could only assume was Yen. They looked exactly the same. Black hair of the same length, same clothes, same face. They were in a catfight, both with green hands pounding into each other.

The remaining Pulse members were just peeking around as confused as you and the bat man were.

"Left or right?" the bat man asked, not really expecting an answer.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

Uh, I'll try.

After a long ride in the metro, we reach the industrial area of the city. I walk towards the large buildings with the smoking chimneys and the huge blast furnaces that reach into the sky like dark towers. Walking straight up to one of those, I enter the workers lockers, put on my protective heat resistant clothes and mask, and take up position in the casthouse at the bottom of the furnace, where I'll be tapping the slag and the molten metal, the latter flowing away to be formed into large ingots.

As you entered the workers' lockers, you went about taking your clothes when you looked to your right and noticed a vague but familiar old man staring at you. It felt like you couldn't say that word but you knew what it was. On the tip of my tongue, you thought.

You shook your head and returned to work, tapping slag. You heard a terrified shout and a splash. You turned around, looking at where the source was. No one seemed concerned about it whatsoever.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

(Before continuing, what's the state of the wall he made? Does the ice get absorbed?)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [5]

"I think we should smack both of them." I mumble. I use the pistol and shoot both of them(They have to have some way of healing in Pulse right? Meh, even if they don't it'll be worth it.), I shoot the left one in the left leg and the right one in the right leg.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

AH! I forgot to reply yesterday.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
He's sherlock.

---
---

"While the police leave, I consider that I should probably murder the next wacko I find so I could start my secondary career as a murderer."

I enter my house once again, and lock the doors for good measure, and start getting ready for my day.

I first start off by going to the kitchen to get myself something to eat, preferably one of the nicer things, after I'm done with that, I go and brush my teeth and take a shower.

After I'm naked and clean, I go and dress up, first doing the basic stuff such as underwear and pants, then put on a white shirt and finish that up by grabbing some colored rope and tying a noose around my neck, then I put on socks and also put on dress shoes.

After that is done I attempt to go to my backyard and grab the shovel, if successful I put in my car and drive to the restaurant, if not successful I go to my car and drive to the restaurant.

(If I don't have a car then I just leave the shovel and walk)

Yeah, you're pretty rich. You should have a car.

So far, you thought you got the shovel in without anyone watching. Who knows, really?

Halfway driving to your restaurant, you noticed someone jumping in front of your car.

===

---
---
---

(Before continuing, what's the state of the wall he made? Does the ice get absorbed?)

The block of ice you shot almost got broken in half, and it landed a few ten feet away from the wall, so you weren't sure how sturdy the wall was. It was at least 30 feet high, so there was probably no escape.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"I think we should smack both of them." I mumble. I use the pistol and shoot both of them(They have to have some way of healing in Pulse right? Meh, even if they don't it'll be worth it.), I shoot the left one in the left leg and the right one in the right leg.

"No!" the bat man said.

But it was too late. You shot their legs.

Almost in pitch with each other, the two screamed as they clutched their wound. The left one kneeled down while the right fell to her back, clenching her teeth.

"Who," the left one said. "Did that?"

Her hands grew more green in intensity.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

I encase his legs in ice again. If i succed, i make a block of ice again and throw it again. If not, I make an ice wall in front of him.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

As you entered the workers' lockers, you went about taking your clothes when you looked to your right and noticed a vague but familiar old man staring at you. It felt like you couldn't say that word but you knew what it was. On the tip of my tongue, you thought.
You shook your head and returned to work, tapping slag. You heard a terrified shout and a splash. You turned around, looking at where the source was. No one seemed concerned about it whatsoever.

I look around the hall keenly, memories of an old incident flashing through my mind. I check if all my coworkers are still there and unharmed, and if there is a leak in the troughs in which the molten metal and slag run along. 'I'm getting paranoid', I think.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Well we can assume the left one is the real Scar." I comment with a smile. I try to run out the back of the truck because I don't want to take any risks. If I can, I look around for something to substitute as a shield, like a trash lid.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

I encase his legs in ice again. If i succed, i make a block of ice again and throw it again. If not, I make an ice wall in front of him.

You sprayed ice onto his legs. Ice built up around them and trapped him onto the ground. The man grunted and tried to get up when your dad rushed in and pounded him with his weight. It seemed as though he was as heavy as a bear itself. You heard an "Oomph!" coming from the man as he got pounded in the stomach.

You threw a block of ice at the man, and it knocked against his reinforced head. The man was probably paying more attention to the fiery bear than the block of ice.

You saw your dad pounding repeatedly until you noticed the black arena starting to fall, like how sand would slide when a sandcastle was kicked.

After a few more poundings, your dad returned to normal, breathing in and out. The man's belly had caved in then. His eyes wandered to you and he got up, walking over to you and giving you a big, very warm hug.

"We'll have to see your mom, now."

As he released you, he went off in a hurried pace. You looked a bit further into the man's face, and he looked familiar. You knew this face somewhere before, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it.

You were pretty sure that someone would report the man's death to the police.

Also you saw someone your height looking at you from far away behind a car. His face was darkened by the direction of the sun.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I look around the hall keenly, memories of an old incident flashing through my mind. I check if all my coworkers are still there and unharmed, and if there is a leak in the troughs in which the molten metal and slag run along. 'I'm getting paranoid', I think.

You noticed all but one co-worker. You've seen him before, but you didn't see him anywhere. He was usually ten steps away from you.

"I'm getting paranoid," you thought. "Maybe I am paranoid."

As you went back to work, you felt something tap your back.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Well we can assume the left one is the real Scar." I comment with a smile. I try to run out the back of the truck because I don't want to take any risks. If I can, I look around for something to substitute as a shield, like a trash lid.

"Well we can assume-"

As you said that, the other woman also had her hands glowing with green. She struck at her, clawing her face. She let out a grunt as she fell to the side. You heard a sizzling sound coming from her face.

"Who's Yen?!" the bat man shouted.

"She is!" the woman on the left said.

"No," the woman on the right said. "She is!"

The bat man put his left hand on his temple.

===

---
He's sherlock.

---
---

(I think John Steele left, or did he go on a vacation or something, because it's a shame that I can't murder him considering he was probably the easiest to kill, now my options are sour, i' m kinda weak right now and I definitely can't take out Hephaestus or Donary considering they are quite dangerous now, I guess I could try to become a pedophile and molest Axorez but even then that would be hard)

First, that's creepy as hell.

Second, I wouldn't like it if you did that, but it's entirely up to you.

Unless the person the person is a police officer or something, in which case I hit the brakes immediately, if it's not I run over the wacko as fast as I can only to brake a few feet further from where I ran him over, and getting out of the car with my shovel to help me take care of the supermutant or suicidal hobo.

As you got closer (which wasn't much), you recognized the same mailman. You ran over the guy and braked.

He flew about 20 feet further before his limp body crashed into the ground.

His head was facing you.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

You noticed all but one co-worker. You've seen him before, but you didn't see him anywhere. He was usually ten steps away from you.
"I'm getting paranoid," you thought. "Maybe I am paranoid."
As you went back to work, you felt something tap your back.

I turn around casually to see what's going on.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Oh man. Shooting them didn't do anything helpful." I motion toward the bat man's bat. "Maybe you could try smacking one of them." I suggest with a shrug.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

(I think John Steele left, or did he go on a vacation or something, because it's a shame that I can't murder him considering he was probably the easiest to kill, now my options are sour, i' m kinda weak right now and I definitely can't take out Hephaestus or Donary considering they are quite dangerous now, I guess I could try to become a pedophile and molest Axorez but even then that would be hard)

oh you
first priority: murder or assassinate Dolan
rack some killstreaks first

You sprayed ice onto his legs. Ice built up around them and trapped him onto the ground. The man grunted and tried to get up when your dad rushed in and pounded him with his weight. It seemed as though he was as heavy as a bear itself. You heard an "Oomph!" coming from the man as he got pounded in the stomach.

You threw a block of ice at the man, and it knocked against his reinforced head. The man was probably paying more attention to the fiery bear than the block of ice.

You saw your dad pounding repeatedly until you noticed the black arena starting to fall, like how sand would slide when a sandcastle was kicked.

After a few more poundings, your dad returned to normal, breathing in and out. The man's belly had caved in then. His eyes wandered to you and he got up, walking over to you and giving you a big, very warm hug.

"We'll have to see your mom, now."

As he released you, he went off in a hurried pace. You looked a bit further into the man's face, and he looked familiar. You knew this face somewhere before, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it.

You were pretty sure that someone would report the man's death to the police.

Also you saw someone your height looking at you from far away behind a car. His face was darkened by the direction of the sun.

I continue following my dad, as if i saw nothing.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
He's sherlock.

---
---

(How many players did the earlier RPG have at this point in the game? It seems to only have 4 right now, john steele left and that other guy didn't even start.)

I believe the previous ones had about 10 or 11. But that was when times were simple. I was young and naive, and only pitted my players against monsters and evil people without depth. I still allow as many players as possible, but I'm older now. I'm basically treating this game like D&D without dice.

"Hah!" I thought.

I quickly get the shovel and leave the car, and check Todd the Todd to see if he's conscious or not, if he is I give him a good whack in the face with my shovel for good measure.

I then call the police to inform them of the case.

"Hey I just ran over Todd the Todd in (Where I am)."
I then hang up and be extra careful to check on Todd, so every time he becomes conscious I whack him in the face with my shovel.

Before you could get 10 feet near him, he popped up from the ground and casted a fiery clone of himself. He ran, leaving you with the clone.

It stared at you before charging towards you.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I turn around casually to see what's going on.

You turned around, and saw a unfamiliar man. He looked new around here.

"Hey, Tom. You wanna take the trash out?"

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Oh man. Shooting them didn't do anything helpful." I motion toward the bat man's bat. "Maybe you could try smacking one of them." I suggest with a shrug.

The bat man looked over to you with a scowl.

"Madam Scarlet, come out," the bat man said, though the two of stepped forward.

Oh, god, you thought. Even the clothes they're wearing is the same.

You could see that there weren't any Axes members alive. At the back of the truck, you could see Pulse members flanking the sisters.

You noticed the right woman's eyes darting between you and the bat man.

===

---
---
---

I continue following my dad, as if i saw nothing.

As you turned, you heard footsteps coming from behind. You glanced back and saw Geralt running over to the dead body of the man.

"Ax," Geralt shouted. "He was my DAD!"

You saw lightning crackling in his eyes.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]