ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165392
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 8/20
---
---
Inventory:
$100

You turned around, and saw a unfamiliar man. He looked new around here.
"Hey, Tom. You wanna take the trash out?"

I tilt my head, intrigued, and lift my protection mask to get a good view of the stranger. "Trash? What the hell are you talking about, mate? Come to think of it, who are you, and how do you know me?"
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
HP: 13/20

As you turned, you heard footsteps coming from behind. You glanced back and saw Geralt running over to the dead body of the man.

"Ax," Geralt shouted. "He was my DAD!"

You saw lightning crackling in his eyes.

(Italics are the char's thoughts btw)

Wait, what? Why would his dad attack? I wonder? Does Gerald know anything?
"Why did your father attack me?" I ask Gerald. I wonder when he started seeing?

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: (Benjamin Vincent) Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
His mother fell into the well.
He's Jesus.
His restaurant is probably fine

---
XP: 1/20
---
HP: 18/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--}

Interesting, but who is the main boss of this Roleplay? So far we've only being going up against goons, also will there be space travel if we get extremely advanced?

Almost like in real life, good and evil come and go. Even after beating a teleporting mastermind of a gang, there would still be way more coming your way.

About space travel, I'll consider it.

I try to increase or decrease the gravity of him, to see if I can make him crumple up or something, if that does not work I simply try to slow him down and try to take a couple swings at him with my shovel so that I can try to cut him up and try to make him become too weak to burn.

As you increase or decrease the clone's gravitational pull (however minute it was), you didn't see any effect. You slowed it down and noticed that the flames now wavered towards your gravitational point. You swung at the clone with your shovel, but it went past. You felt the fires licking and burning your hands.

(-2 HP)

Also is he made out of pure fire or is there some hollow carcass inside him?

Well, now you know.

===

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
HP: 12/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"There!" I shout pointing to the one on the right. "She's the fake one!"

"There!" you shouted, pointing to the one on the right. "She-"

The bat man shaped his bat into a javelin and threw it. It went through her skull as she tried to dodge out of the way.

The other woman turned towards you and smiled with relief.

(3 XP)

"Thank you," Scarlet said, turning to the bat man. "Boys, clean these guys up. I'm gonna clean up the truck."

The bat man sighed and pulled the javelin out from her skull before moving out of the truck.

You felt something odd about this.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
HP: 19/20
---
Inventory:
$100

I tilt my head, intrigued, and lift my protection mask to get a good view of the stranger. "Trash? What the hell are you talking about, mate? Come to think of it, who are you, and how do you know me?"

"Trash? What the hell are you talking about, mate-"

The man grabbed you by the neck and pushed you against the metal, knocking your head over.

(-1 HP)

"I'm sorry. The trash is YOU!"

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
HP: 8/20

Wait, what? Why would his dad attack? I wonder? Does Gerald know anything?
"Why did your father attack me?" I ask Gerald. I wonder when he started seeing?

"I don't know," Geralt said. "Why don't you answer that yourSELF!"

As he said 'self', he shot lightning towards you. It crackled across your body, and you've felt nothing more painful in your entire life.

(-5 HP)

The smell of burnt flesh filled your nostrils.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

"Trash? What the hell are you talking about, mate-"
The man grabbed you by the neck and pushed you against the metal, knocking your head over.
(-1 HP)
"I'm sorry. The trash is YOU!"

I exude powdery ash around my neck to try and wriggle free of the man's grip. Simultaneously, I grab for his throat and if I get it, build up layers of hard ash around his neck, more and more, to try and throttle him.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

Knowing that I feel weird about something I go up to the bat man. "Yo, does something feel a little... off to you?" I whisper.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
HP: 8/20

Will I work together with other players?

Seeing as you seem to go for a supervillain i doubt it.

"I don't know," Geralt said. "Why don't you answer that yourSELF!"

As he said 'self', he shot lightning towards you. It crackled across your body, and you've felt nothing more painful in your entire life.

(-5 HP)

The smell of burnt flesh filled your nostrils.

(dem sneak attack tho. thought there'd be talks for a bit)
What's with Gerald? ...No, what's with his father?
I attempt to make an ice of wall as tall as him in front of him while i go to my father. If it fails, I fire an ice bolt, but with less power.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: (Benjamin Vincent) Dolan
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
His mother fell into the well.
He's feeling the bern.
His restaurant is probably fine

---
XP: 1/20
---

Will I work together with other players?

In the future, maybe.

If so can I randomly throw them into a pit when the objective is almost done so they lose a ton of HP and get stranded?

Well, you can always try.

"S*it" I thought.

I quickly get my hands out of flames and try to slow him down as much as I can, while I look for any thing which is a large container, assuming I find a trash can or something I throw my shovel far away so it doesn't do any damage to it and I take the lid off the trash can and try to trap him inside, even if it's a part, so it can die out due to lack of oxygen to keep burning, if I don't find anything, I just continue to try to whack it with my shovel but I make sure to keep away from the fire clone.

A trash can was pretty easy to find for you. You were out on the streets.

You threw your shovel away in case it got damaged. You ran over to the trash can and took off its lid. The stench hit you, and it was horrible. You emptied the contents and turned towards the clone. You slammed the trash can against its head. You expected to hit something solid, only to find that the lid covered the entire clone. It became hot to the touch.

And hotter. And hotter.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I exude powdery ash around my neck to try and wriggle free of the man's grip. Simultaneously, I grab for his throat and if I get it, build up layers of hard ash around his neck, more and more, to try and throttle him.

You reinforced your neck and managed to push the man away from you. You tried to grab his throat, but he batted your hands away.

"It's your fault!" the man shouted. "Tom, you're gonna pay!"

The man's arm started to drip with green. You could even see bubbles around it.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

Knowing that I feel weird about something I go up to the bat man. "Yo, does something feel a little... off to you?" I whisper.

The bat man turned towards you and raised his eyebrow.

"What's off?"

You both were out of the truck. The bat man was pulling the corpses into a spot. You noticed the back shutter of the truck being pulled down.

After what was going on, you felt tired and sluggish.

===

---
---
---
HP: 3/20

What's with Gerald? ...No, what's with his father?
I attempt to make an ice of wall as tall as him in front of him while i go to my father. If it fails, I fire an ice bolt, but with less power.

You made an ice wall in front of Geralt, buying time for you to get back to the hospital.

You managed to make it in before you felt heat and shock behind you.

(-5 HP)

You were barely standing up. The guards inside were already moving towards Geralt, but your dad was nowhere to be found.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Name: Metagut
Superpower: Assimilative Evolution
---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.
---
---

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Can I sign up for this too?

Name: Scott Richards
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
---
---

Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.

I tried to describe my power as best as possible in the biography. It is obviously limited as to how many people it can affect, how much damage it can cause and how fast I can use it, but generally, one could say my true power is 'Mental Attacks', the ability to attack an enemy's mind.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

I run up to the back of the truck and shout, "Hey! What's going on in there!"

If the truck decides to move and doesn't stop for me... well hopefully I'm not too tired to get out of the way.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

You reinforced your neck and managed to push the man away from you. You tried to grab his throat, but he batted your hands away.
"It's your fault!" the man shouted. "Tom, you're gonna pay!"
The man's arm started to drip with green. You could even see bubbles around it.

I notice whatever is happening to his arms, and in the light of recent events realization is slowly dawning in my head. I begin to put two and two together; or so I think at least.

I harden my skin with ash, but I raise my hands in a calming gesture.

"Was it my fault if I was attacked in my own home?! I have no idea what, or who, that thing was. But it had killed, and I was next. What else should I have done? Who was it, your brother?"
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---

In the shadows a man heavily veiled in a old duster coat and leather clothing, his face masked by darkness. He sits there on a old bench thinking to himself that he wishes he could see the sun once more but he looks at his cloth wrapped hands, but the last transformation had made him part plant, he shouldn't have eaten that lettuce but the fridge was empty after spending weeks cooped up trying to figure out what has gone wrong with him. That weird grey goop that swallowed him changed him not two months ago and now his body is nothing of what it use to and the hunger has nearly driven him mad when it came but he forced himself to stay in control. So for the past week he has sneaked out at night trying to avoid contact with many people. Now hes outside some small town with no one that knows him. The last of his cash, some 20 bucks has gone to buy a handful of generic food snacks and his stomach still groans for more. He thought to avoid anything that could contain and remnants of biology so he has been consuming junk foods with abandon.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Scott Richards
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
---

Okay, first off, I'm going to have to balance your powers. Unless you want to start at later levels, you're only able to affect your target's mind subtly. You aren't able to just outright cripple someone instantly. Your power would be more suited to a dialogue-focused RPG than a combative one. That's fine. I can juggle that too.

"Scott," a voice said. "Richards. Never thought I'd finally see you."

You were pushed to a chair in the darkness. Then your eyes quickly shut due to the light bulb turning on in front of you. After adjusting to it, you saw a man with a detective coat, long and brown.

"Seen reports of you disturbing your neighbours. One even said you had a bloodied sickle wherever you go. What's going on?"

You had a small house, isolated from the neighbourhood nearby. You had some money left and sustained yourself quite well for the time you lived in your house. Apparently, the neighbours had seen you as a weird blue boy; they didn't want to see such an unworldly sight. One was even so paranoid as to call the cops.

This didn't all happen within a day or a week. This lasted for a few years.

Then you had heard police sirens. They acted on what it seemed like false information given by the caller and had knocked you out, bringing you here in a interrogation room.

And by the way, the bloodied sickle was part of the false information.

(That's all I can do right now. Heh.)

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

I run up to the back of the truck and shout, "Hey! What's going on in there!"

If the truck decides to move and doesn't stop for me... well hopefully I'm not too tired to get out of the way.

The back of the truck got opened up, and you saw Scarlet looking back at you.

"What? I'm just checking around. You look tired. Go get some sleep."

===

(Benjamin Vincent) Dolan
---
He's feeling the bern.

---
XP: 4/20
---

Some new guys popped up, I suppose there's 6 now, can I exploit them in the future if I get the chance to?

As always, in the words of Matthew Mercer, you can certainly try!

Oh and what happened to todd?
I knocked him out with a few punches last time and this time I ran him over at very fast speeds with a car and he just runs away?
Did he atleast go limping?
Or did he level up in an hour or something?

You knocked him over, but he got up without a sign of injury. He summoned the clone and ran off.

Oh and one last thing, what will I be able to do when I'm like level 2 or 3?

Ah, I almost forgot, are you having fun?

Level 2 or 3? I'll get to it. You're still far off.

Yes, I am. Not as much fun as I started out (maybe because of hype), but with the new players with interesting powers, I can experiment and see.

Depending on the situation, If I'm holding the trash can and it's necessary and I can't leave, I lay my whole left arm on the trash can and take off my right hand and use it to take off one of my dress shoes then I use one of my dress shoes to hold the trashcan in place with my right hand, I take off my left arm off the trash can and do the same, dress shoes off, use it to hold the trashcan, If I never even touched it I go and retrieve my shovel so I can hold it in place a little better.

When you let go, it didn't seem to move. You nodded and got your shovel, holding the trash can in place. The warmth you felt when you were near the trash can got less intense.

You took a peek below and saw nothing except smoke rising out.

(3 XP)

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I notice whatever is happening to his arms, and in the light of recent events realization is slowly dawning in my head. I begin to put two and two together; or so I think at least.

I harden my skin with ash, but I raise my hands in a calming gesture.

"Was it my fault if I was attacked in my own home?! I have no idea what, or who, that thing was. But it had killed, and I was next. What else should I have done? Who was it, your brother?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" the man said. "You killed my two only friends in the world. I hope they see you burn in hell while they're in heaven."

He lashed out at you with his green arm, sending a wave of green liquid.

===

---

---
---

In the shadows a man heavily veiled in a old duster coat and leather clothing, his face masked by darkness. He sits there on a old bench thinking to himself that he wishes he could see the sun once more but he looks at his cloth wrapped hands, but the last transformation had made him part plant, he shouldn't have eaten that lettuce but the fridge was empty after spending weeks cooped up trying to figure out what has gone wrong with him. That weird grey goop that swallowed him changed him not two months ago and now his body is nothing of what it use to and the hunger has nearly driven him mad when it came but he forced himself to stay in control. So for the past week he has sneaked out at night trying to avoid contact with many people. Now hes outside some small town with no one that knows him. The last of his cash, some 20 bucks has gone to buy a handful of generic food snacks and his stomach still groans for more. He thought to avoid anything that could contain and remnants of biology so he has been consuming junk foods with abandon.

You sat in a small cave, doodling around in the sand. It was bright outside, and you heard a few goats and cows bleating and mooing. You heard laughter coming from children.

Then you heard the children screaming. You looked in front of you, and saw a scorpion as large as you (and yes, I've considered your height), heading towards you.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

@Rapyion was i forgotten or smth

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Not allowed to edit, sry didn't think i'd forgot to reply. Sry for double post too.

---
---
---
HP: 3/20

You made an ice wall in front of Geralt, buying time for you to get back to the hospital.

You managed to make it in before you felt heat and shock behind you.

(-5 HP)

You were barely standing up. The guards inside were already moving towards Geralt, but your dad was nowhere to be found.

(near death. wonder what i did wrong?)

I need medical attention... I don't think i can even use powers right. I go to where one can ask to get to see a doctor(whatsitsname) and ask to see one.

Showing 166-180 of 721