ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165031
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 19/20
---
Inventory:
$100

"You were just flailing your arms," one of them said, one you knew by the name of Josef. "You had ash all around yourself, and you just blew ash out of your mouth."
"Yeah," another one said, his name you knew as Polish. "No one was there. You're hallucinating, aren't you?"
The ash cloud had died down, leaving behind a circle of black.
Josef said, "After that, you kinda fell onto the ground. And you knocked on your head."
"Hephaestus," Polish said. "You should probably go back home. I'll just say to our boss that you were having headaches. You fine with that?"

"Yeah. Yeah, that sounds good; thank you. I just had a rough day yesterday." I go gather my stuff to leave, but not before turning to Polish again. "Say, it must sound silly, but is someone of the team missing?"
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Metagut
Superpower: Assimilative Evolution
---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Bloodied pipe
Scorpion leg
Scorpion stinger

I break off a piece(A leg or something) of the scorpion and take the pipe from its corpse, "Fine greeting, you had this thing living out side of your town in the cave and I was just passing through anyways. I'm keeping this pipe might run into something else out there." and then leave after going to get my coat I left in the field.

You pulled the pipe back and found it intact. You broke apart one of its legs and a sizeable part of the stinger.

"Ey!" the man shouted. "You scare children, but you are kind to help us. We need help. Creatures like this come out every month and haunt us, forcing us back to our homes. We do not know why, and we have no powers like you do. Please stay with the village."

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
Psycho mode.

---
---
HP: 15/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIIIII-----}

You know, I take back what I said about the Nuckelavee being dull, this is probably one of the most complex first enemies in this roleplay.

Pretty simple once you figure everything out.

"Of course there aren't, there are three, I thought about this before, it's official now." I thought.

"Hey, I just finished beating him up, there's three of these guys... The one I finished threw vines at me, is he blue or is he red?" I say to him as I attempt to remove the incredibly cool and new green and colorful blade that is something more than generic from the Nuckelavee's head.

I then start counting time, still not taking my foot off his throat.

"Oh, and I suggest you make a run for it, and don't you have any powers or something? he's not that strong, you could take him out."

"Sir," the chef said. "Three of them? Are you sure? Aagh.."

There was silence for a moment, maybe except for shallow breathing. You thought the chef would've been caught until

"The Todd men. He is the blue one. He came back. I can't do anything. I'm not a supercharged superman like everyone else."

Then there was silence again. Then he hung up.

You were pretty sure that the Todd you were holding would be here if you kept an eye on him.

I just realized John Steele has seemingly been erased from existence.
WHAT HAPPENED?

It's been a while since he's gone.

===

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I head to the food store that sells the Chicken rice, buy one, and eat.
After this, if nothing of particular interest happens, I'd go out, buy a soda, and head home while drinking.

(-$2.50)

You bought some chicken rice and ate it. It filled you up pretty good. You bought soda as you went home.

It took you about an hour to get back. Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), the police were gone. As you entered your home, you saw the same bloodstains at the entrance and in the kitchen.

"Axorez, my dear."

That was the principal's voice.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

"Yeah. Yeah, that sounds good; thank you. I just had a rough day yesterday." I go gather my stuff to leave, but not before turning to Polish again. "Say, it must sound silly, but is someone of the team missing?"

"Hmm?" Polish said. "Who is missing?"

Your co-workers all showed up either curious or concerned. You knew no one was missing.

"Do you need someone to accompany you?" Josef said.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Bloodied pipe
Scorpion leg
Scorpion stinger

"I'll be in that cave if you don't want me scaring the kids in town." I move back into the cave make sure there are no other creatures wandering around and make a campfire and cook the leg. The hunger my character has forces him to devour the thing without thinking about it too much. Living off junk food for a couple days makes you hungry. I'll spend the rest of the day trying to make the cave habitable, a straw bed, maybe gather some firewood for the night,

(what time of day is it? I assume the scorpion fight only lasted like 20 minutes :P, the assimilation aspect of my character takes time and requires equivalent biomass, and isn't under his control )

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

"Hmm?" Polish said. "Who is missing?"
Your co-workers all showed up either curious or concerned. You knew no one was missing.
"Do you need someone to accompany you?" Josef said.

"It's nothing", I say and wave my hand dismissively. Without waiting for any further comment I fetch my things and get out of the hall. I will take the metro back to the city, but not to home; instead I'll go out at the city center and go to a park (even if I worked through most of the day and it is already afternoon).
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I'm a sad superhuman ;(

(-$2.50)

You bought some chicken rice and ate it. It filled you up pretty good. You bought soda as you went home.

It took you about an hour to get back. Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), the police were gone. As you entered your home, you saw the same bloodstains at the entrance and in the kitchen.

"Axorez, my dear."

That was the principal's voice.

"We'll talk outside." I say and go outside, one where people can see, cautiously. I then wait for him to go out.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---

---
---
---
Inventory:
Bloodied pipe
Scorpion leg
Scorpion stinger

"I'll be in that cave if you don't want me scaring the kids in town." I move back into the cave make sure there are no other creatures wandering around and make a campfire and cook the leg. The hunger my character has forces him to devour the thing without thinking about it too much. Living off junk food for a couple days makes you hungry. I'll spend the rest of the day trying to make the cave habitable, a straw bed, maybe gather some firewood for the night,

"I am Manjhi," the man said to you. "Thank you for your help once again."

You gathered what you needed for the night. The day went by pretty quickly. Manjhi was checking almost every hour on you, talking to you and asking about you.

(Feel free to tell how much you want to him.)

As night fell, you made a bonfire inside the small cave. Manjhi had left.

Before you got onto your straw bed, you saw a small shrubbery shaking. It was subtle, but you could pick it up. You also heard a soft but deep growl.

(what time of day is it? I assume the scorpion fight only lasted like 20 minutes :P, the assimilation aspect of my character takes time and requires equivalent biomass, and isn't under his control )

At the time of killing it, it would be around mid-afternoon. If there's anything you want to do before night, go ahead and do it.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

"It's nothing", I say and wave my hand dismissively. Without waiting for any further comment I fetch my things and get out of the hall. I will take the metro back to the city, but not to home; instead I'll go out at the city center and go to a park (even if I worked through most of the day and it is already afternoon).

"Well, alright. See ya' tomorrow," said Josef.

You took the metro to the city. The train was quieter this time, since it wasn't at peak hours. You only saw a handful of people sitting.

As you stepped off the train, you felt something looming just over your head.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I'm a sad superhuman ;(

You'll get there, soon.

"We'll talk outside." I say and go outside, one where people can see, cautiously. I then wait for him to go out.

"No," the principal said, bringing up a wall of fire in front of the entrance. "We talk here."

You could sense an urgency in his tone.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
Psycho mode.

---
---

"Well, I now know my cook is a coward, I'll have a talk with the other cooks after this to know what they were doing."

"Better save him I guess, he's good at cooking atleast, and there's no way this Nuckelavee here is going to tear my house down, might as well do it" I thought, before I still with my foot on his throat, started to try to remove the green blade from his head, if successful, I cancel the increased gravity around the Nuckelavee and run towards my shovel and grab it aswell, I then head for my car, putting both the shovel and the blade in the back seats, before I start going, I take one last look at the Nuckelavee to see if he has gotten up or not, I then head to the restaurant obviously.

You successfully removed the green blade. You ran and grabbed the shovel, getting into the car. As soon as you got into the car, Todd raised his head and made a run for it in the opposite direction, readying his vines.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Name: Scott Richards
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison
Black spray cans (3)

You grabbed the spray cans.
As you turned and took a few steps, you heard a voice from behind you.
"Hey, I need those!"

I turn around at the sound of that and walk back to him.
"Oh do you? That's adorable. You know what I need? I need a good reason not to send you running scared for the rest of your life."
As I get close to him I wave a spray can in front of him. "So what's the deal with these? Do you fancy yourself a street artist? Making all those 'inspirational' drawings on the walls that look like absolute crap? Or are you going to vandalize someone else's house now that you are done with mine?"
I continue talking, now standing in front of him:
"I don't owe you any favors. But you don't want to owe me favors. You really don't. And since you don't, I suggest you tell me, what these are for. Did you suddenly get the urge to go paint my house with some more of your inspirational messages? Because that was not funny or inspirational."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"No," the principal said, bringing up a wall of fire in front of the entrance. "We talk here."

You could sense an urgency in his tone.

I prepare to attack him with the strongest ice bolt any moment or to dodge. I wait to hear what he's going to ask.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

"Well, alright. See ya' tomorrow," said Josef.
You took the metro to the city. The train was quieter this time, since it wasn't at peak hours. You only saw a handful of people sitting.
As you stepped off the train, you felt something looming just over your head.

Once on the platform, I take a step aside and look up. If I don't see anything, I throw a quick glance around and head for the stairs up.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Psycho mode.

---
---
---
Inventory:
Shovel
Green Blade

I start my car, and head to the restaurant, ignoring the Nuckelavee.

You drove your car to your restaurant. You noticed the front glass door was broken.

You saw Todd in the kitchen, standing and looking around.

"C'mon, chef. I know you're here somewhere," he said.

He didn't seem to notice you.

===

---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison
Black spray cans (3)

I turn around at the sound of that and walk back to him.
"Oh do you? That's adorable. You know what I need? I need a good reason not to send you running scared for the rest of your life."
As I get close to him I wave a spray can in front of him. "So what's the deal with these? Do you fancy yourself a street artist? Making all those 'inspirational' drawings on the walls that look like absolute crap? Or are you going to vandalize someone else's house now that you are done with mine?"
I continue talking, now standing in front of him:
"I don't owe you any favors. But you don't want to owe me favors. You really don't. And since you don't, I suggest you tell me, what these are for. Did you suddenly get the urge to go paint my house with some more of your inspirational messages? Because that was not funny or inspirational."

"Oh do you? That's adorable. You know what I need? I need a good reason not to send you running scared for the rest of your life," you said.

"What?" the hobo said, climbing up to his feet.

"So what's the deal with these? Do you fancy yourself a street artist? Making all those 'inspirational' drawings on the walls that look like absolute crap? Or are you going to vandalize someone else's house now that you are done with mine?"

"What did I do?" he said. "I didn't even vandalize anything."

"What..?" he said. "The spray cans? That's my food. I swear.."

He put his hands up while looking slightly downwards. He was slightly sobbing as he took a few steps back.

"I really swear, that's my food. I need it.."

He was on the verge of breaking.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I prepare to attack him with the strongest ice bolt any moment or to dodge. I wait to hear what he's going to ask.

"I know the metal man wants you. Here's how you can help me with that."

The fire wall was slowly dissipating, but it still stood.

"I need you to talk to the metal man. He's out there somewhere, and he wants you dead. I can tell you're not very well-equipped right now."

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

Once on the platform, I take a step aside and look up. If I don't see anything, I throw a quick glance around and head for the stairs up.

You looked up, and saw the same man with the green arm on the train. He leaped off and landed in front of you, readying for a strike.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"I know the metal man wants you. Here's how you can help me with that."

The fire wall was slowly dissipating, but it still stood.

"I need you to talk to the metal man. He's out there somewhere, and he wants you dead. I can tell you're not very well-equipped right now."

"And?" I reply, but not lowering my guard.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

You looked up, and saw the same man with the green arm on the train. He leaped off and landed in front of you, readying for a strike.

I ignore him and decidedly walk straight to the stairs, not changing course even if he is in the middle of my path.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison
Black spray cans (3)

"What?" the hobo said, climbing up to his feet.
"So what's the deal with these? Do you fancy yourself a street artist? Making all those 'inspirational' drawings on the walls that look like absolute crap? Or are you going to vandalize someone else's house now that you are done with mine?"
"What did I do?" he said. "I didn't even vandalize anything."
"What..?" he said. "The spray cans? That's my food. I swear.."
He put his hands up while looking slightly downwards. He was slightly sobbing as he took a few steps back.
"I really swear, that's my food. I need it.."
He was on the verge of breaking.

"Oh so the spray cans are your food? Seriously? Well let's see how your "food" will look when spilled all over your clothes."
I say and aim at his clothes.
"Or would you prefer the eyes instead?" I change my mind and aim at his face. "I can give you the black eyes, quite literally." I say, but eventually I aim downward and spray his clothes.

(Lol, I'm a freaking Tyrant xD)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"And?" I reply, but not lowering my guard.

"And so," the principal said. "I need you to help lure the man out. He is a danger to you and to me. I'll be in school tomorrow. Meet me in my office there."

The principal got up and looked at you once more.

"You're going to trust me on this, Axorez. We WILL pull through."

He left the house.

You felt tired.

===

---
---
---
HP: 16/20
---
Inventory:
$100

I ignore him and decidedly walk straight to the stairs, not changing course even if he is in the middle of my path.

As you turned around, decidedly ignoring the man, you felt your back burning and you fell forward.

(-3 HP)

You staggered back a few steps before turning and seeing the man with green liquid dripping down his arm.

"Remember Reshy? Remember Favreu?"

He ran towards you.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison
Black spray cans (3)

"Oh so the spray cans are your food? Seriously? Well let's see how your "food" will look when spilled all over your clothes."
I say and aim at his clothes.
"Or would you prefer the eyes instead?" I change my mind and aim at his face. "I can give you the black eyes, quite literally." I say, but eventually I aim downward and spray his clothes.

As you pressed on the spray can, the spray didn't reach his clothes. It wasn't painted black, instead there was a pool of spray in the air.

"Please," the hobo said. "I do not want to hurt you."

The black pool started to form into a thin wall of black, pushing you back.

Before you could react to anything, the hobo formed rings around the cans and pulled them from your hands.

"Please go.."

(Lol, I'm a freaking Tyrant xD)

Not anymore.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

---
---
---
HP: 16/20
---
Inventory:
$100

As you turned around, decidedly ignoring the man, you felt your back burning and you fell forward.
(-3 HP)
You staggered back a few steps before turning and seeing the man with green liquid dripping down his arm.
"Remember Reshy? Remember Favreu?"
He ran towards you.

I let him come only to sidestep him at the last moment.

"How could I forget them? They were my comrades. Remember?"

At that I turn around and head for the stairs quickly, trying to mingle among the other people.
Showing 256-270 of 721