ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165324
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

lolwut, no moderator or administrator cares about that stuff.
I'm not getting permabanned anytime soon.

No, although excessive multiple-posting will get you into trouble. Just FYI; I'm not saying it is your case.

(Full HP)

Huzza!
They removed the bullet? It didn't leave any permanent neurological sequels? I assume so since you didn't mention it, but just to be sure.

--------------------
--------------------
Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You stop the bleeding, and got to your phone. Somehow, you had Matt's phone number in there. When you chatted with Matt for an hour the day his partner died, you exchanged phone numbers with him (just because plot convenience, I guess). You called him.
"Hmm? Hep?" his voice sounded raw from waking up.
You told him about what happened.
"Holy-" Matt shouted. "I'll.. I'll get to it."
It was a few minutes when you heard sirens. You were familiar with the procedures; you would answer the policemen's questions, and they would patch you up. They had a paramedic that could heal outright.
(Full HP)
You suddenly saw one of the police cars moving away. Towards Haysford. You heard someone mention the name 'Matt' before a hurricane of events happened. The ambulance and all but one police car moved out.
There were two policemen left, and one of them asked you to stay back and go back to bed. You could see the other man clearly concerned.

I tell them I'm feeling fine now since I was healed up, and try to get more information about the operation out of them, especially of the one looking concerned. I also offer my help and ask if they couldn't bring me to Haysford too, maybe I could be of any assistance.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 0/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"I'm gonna call-" Ms. Pearl said.

Your fingers started to release sparks, forcing Ms. Pearl to get away.

"Ax, what's..?"

You and Ms. Pearl saw the woman slowly getting up, and she was charged with electricity.

"Ax-!"

I turn around, expecting Gerald, and prepare to dodge anytime.
I also take a look at Ms. Pearl's condition.
I also try lobbing whatever energy my hand is in to the attacker, if seen.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Huzza!
They removed the bullet? It didn't leave any permanent neurological sequels? I assume so since you didn't mention it, but just to be sure.

Yes, medical procedure plus the paramedic's powers.

I tell them I'm feeling fine now since I was healed up, and try to get more information about the operation out of them, especially of the one looking concerned. I also offer my help and ask if they couldn't bring me to Haysford too, maybe I could be of any assistance.

The one talking to you hesitated for a moment. He sighed in the end.

"Matt told us about you. I'm assuming you know him. We've heard Matt report that he was in trouble-"

"Can we just bring him along?!" the other cop shouted.

"You're going to harm-"

"He said he was perfectly fine! Can we go or not? People are going to die out there-!"

"Okay, okay!" the one in front of you said as he turned to you. "Let's hope you're capable."

You were in their car. The concerned one told you what was reported:

Matt was heading to the meeting place in Haysford. It was Haysford Park in full, and Matt tried to search for them. Along the way, he saw two men meeting directly in the center of the park. It was the middle of night, so no one was there. Matt told the police about a suspicious meeting. The ones listening heard him shout before he was cut off.

The car stopped a good distance from Haysford Park. A smell hit you. Something very familiar and close to home.

Ash.

The three of you made your way towards the park and saw a spot of white in the center. The smell was becoming stronger as you got closer. You saw other police cars parked across.

"Look out!" a policeman shouted.

You turned around and saw white silhouettes coming from the many alleyways surrounding the park. As they got closer, you still couldn't fully grasp their shape. Two of them were on the three of you.

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I turn around, expecting Gerald, and prepare to dodge anytime.
I also take a look at Ms. Pearl's condition.
I also try lobbing whatever energy my hand is in to the attacker, if seen.

Gerald wasn't anywhere here right now, but the woman shot electricity from her hands. As you moved to the side, you saw Ms. Pearl splay her arm wide and a translucent half-dome appear in front of her. The lightning bolt seemed to slam into it but her.

The woman said, "Seems like you want some of it too-"

You saw the shield move towards the woman and knock into her.

The woman fell, but so did Ms. Pearl from the sheer amount of energy she used.

"Ax.." Ms. Pearl said before she fainted. Your fingers started to feel jumpy as well.

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
XP: 3/40
---
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII}

This reminds me of that mission in GTA San Andreas where you break into the house of a guy and steal boxes full of guns he casually has lying around on his house.

I'd be able to relate if I had finished the game. *sigh*

I go in like he told me, using a small amount of negative gravity to reduce the effects of my landing.

You went in, ignoring the man shouting from below.

Immediately, you noticed that it was too dark for you to navigate around. The man gripped your forearm and led you down.

"Don't worry," the man said. "It's a storage room."

When you eventually got down, you saw a bit of light coming from the cameras, though they weren't facing you.

You could see, with how dim it was, a bedroom and toilet room with the door open.

"The alarm system's somewhere here," the man said. "I just know it."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

IIce bolt her the moment she gets up. I also prepare to frost breath her after.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

IIce bolt her the moment she gets up. I also prepare to frost breath her after.

As the woman got up, you shot what you thought was an ice bolt. But you shot out lightning and saw the woman absorbing it, though she was thrown back a few feet. She eventually fell to the floor again.

You prepared your frost breath and breathed out lightning too. It had no effect on her.

"Ah, electricity too? You need a change.."

The woman was slowly getting up, clutching onto her lower side.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
---
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII}

I whisper to him:

" You can detect what is inside here correct?"
I just follow or attempt to do so as he's the man who knows stuff.

"HELLO?!"

You heard the same man shouting from inside the building.

"YOU CAN'T BE HERE, YOU KNOW?!"

You heard footsteps coming from below, heading towards the stairs behind you.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

The one talking to you hesitated for a moment. He sighed in the end.
"Matt told us about you. I'm assuming you know him. We've heard Matt report that he was in trouble-"
"Can we just bring him along?!" the other cop shouted.
"You're going to harm-"
"He said he was perfectly fine! Can we go or not? People are going to die out there-!"
"Okay, okay!" the one in front of you said as he turned to you. "Let's hope you're capable."
You were in their car. The concerned one told you what was reported:
Matt was heading to the meeting place in Haysford. It was Haysford Park in full, and Matt tried to search for them. Along the way, he saw two men meeting directly in the center of the park. It was the middle of night, so no one was there. Matt told the police about a suspicious meeting. The ones listening heard him shout before he was cut off.
The car stopped a good distance from Haysford Park. A smell hit you. Something very familiar and close to home.
Ash.
The three of you made your way towards the park and saw a spot of white in the center. The smell was becoming stronger as you got closer. You saw other police cars parked across.
"Look out!" a policeman shouted.
You turned around and saw white silhouettes coming from the many alleyways surrounding the park. As they got closer, you still couldn't fully grasp their shape. Two of them were on the three of you.

Well, looks like this is a far bigger thing than anticipated. This throws up a lot of questions, but now's not the time. I grow my ash protection and get ready to blow ash at the white silhouettes if they get too close.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

As the woman got up, you shot what you thought was an ice bolt. But you shot out lightning and saw the woman absorbing it, though she was thrown back a few feet. She eventually fell to the floor again.

You prepared your frost breath and breathed out lightning too. It had no effect on her.

"Ah, electricity too? You need a change.."

The woman was slowly getting up, clutching onto her lower side.

I create an Ice(actually, electro) Shield and use it to block attacks as much as i can, i also try to dodge. I make an Ice(actually, electric) Slab and throw it at her.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Well, looks like this is a far bigger thing than anticipated. This throws up a lot of questions, but now's not the time. I grow my ash protection and get ready to blow ash at the white silhouettes if they get too close.

When they got too close, you blew ash at them. They were pushed away; it was like blowing on paper and seeing it fly (or drop). The concerned cop, named J, noticed that and sent his hands forward with a gust of wind along. The white silhouettes were flown away and upwards, and they stuck to the windows of the building behind. You looked closer, and saw them disappear through the window.

"Oh no," J said. "Where'd they go?"

You turned and noticed one of the cops that arrived earlier get eaten alive. The white shade swallowed him whole before turning to the rest of the cops.

"Ugh," the other cop said, named Petre (just because I don't want Peter). "Just get to the others!"

The two moved to the other cops. You noticed two more silhouettes coming from the sides, separating you from the cops and rushing towards you.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I create an Ice(actually, electro) Shield and use it to block attacks as much as i can, i also try to dodge. I make an Ice(actually, electric) Slab and throw it at her.

You made an electricity shield, bringing up before it crumbled to the ground. The woman turned towards you as you made an electric slab to throw only to find out that you shot another stream of lightning out of your hands. You were too used to ice to be able to make more complex moves with electricity.

The stream of electricity made her stagger back. She was only prone to momentum coming from the shock, not the electricity itself.

You felt your hands starting to calm down from the jolts.

===

---

---
---
HP: 24/30
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII------}

I ask the guy that's able to see through things for advice.

"Do we kill him or escape?"

And depending on his appropriate response, If he wants to kill, I position myself in a place where the guy can't see me properly but I can see him, where I promptly put one of my fabled gravity collar on him like I did with the guy near me some time ago.

If he wants to get out, I aid him in whatever manner I can and just follow what he does.

"Honey, what are you doing there?" You heard a woman's voice from below.

"Get away. Some thieves here."

"Do we kill him or escape?" you asked.

"I'm perfectly fine with killing. I'm sure you are too. Just remember to hide the bodies later."

You saw light coming from below. Then a light bulb behind you got turned on.

You went into the bedroom, hiding behind the bed while the man hid in the toilet. That was the best you could do when the man came up the stairs.

"HELLO?!"

You timed yourself along with the footsteps and summoned the razor collar around the man's neck. You seemed to grip at nothing as the man suddenly appeared in front of you and hit you in the face.

(-3 HP)

He gave another punch before you could react.

(-3 HP)

From the quick glance you took before you could do whatever you wanted to do, he was taking heavy breaths.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

When they got too close, you blew ash at them. They were pushed away; it was like blowing on paper and seeing it fly (or drop). The concerned cop, named J, noticed that and sent his hands forward with a gust of wind along. The white silhouettes were flown away and upwards, and they stuck to the windows of the building behind. You looked closer, and saw them disappear through the window.
"Oh no," J said. "Where'd they go?"
You turned and noticed one of the cops that arrived earlier get eaten alive. The white shade swallowed him whole before turning to the rest of the cops.
"Ugh," the other cop said, named Petre (just because I don't want Peter). "Just get to the others!"
The two moved to the other cops. You noticed two more silhouettes coming from the sides, separating you from the cops and rushing towards you.

I shout after the two cops, "Try using water on them if you can, see what that does!" Then I form a small ball of hard ash in my hand and throw it at one of the silhouettes; if that does not do anything, I blow at them to push them off. It that works, I charge right through between them and rejoin the cops; if not, I run sideways into the park to try to surround the shades.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You were too used to ice bolts

fixed.

You made an electricity shield, bringing up before it crumbled to the ground. The woman turned towards you as you made an electric slab to throw only to find out that you shot another stream of lightning out of your hands. You were too used to ice to be able to make more complex moves with electricity.

The stream of electricity made her stagger back. She was only prone to momentum coming from the shock, not the electricity itself.

You felt your hands starting to calm down from the jolts.

Well then. I fire Ice bolts until it fires ice again.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Name: Dave
Superpower: Ability to draw attention away from myself, not really making me invisible, but making people not notice me
---
Biography: Just got laid off for the third time this year. Thinking about going into robbery but doesn't want it to have to get that drastic.
---
---

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Do something original

As far as i know, everything turns into an electric bolt atm so yea

use your new powers

What did i gain? As far as I know, I only have increased how well I use my skills.
Unless you're speaking of your attack list :/

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

I shout after the two cops, "Try using water on them if you can, see what that does!" Then I form a small ball of hard ash in my hand and throw it at one of the silhouettes; if that does not do anything, I blow at them to push them off. It that works, I charge right through between them and rejoin the cops; if not, I run sideways into the park to try to surround the shades.

"Try using water on them if you can, see what that does!"

You never got a reply.

You threw a ball of ash at the silhouette only to see it being absorbed into it. You saw part of your black ash spread throughout its white form, becoming slightly grey.

You blew at them to push them off, reuniting with the two cops later. The two shades you blew fell to the ground and dissolved.

When you got to them, you saw one of the cops bringing up a sphere of water and bringing it down on the bulk of them. You saw the shades disperse in the water. The tension was dying down.

You felt something burn below as you noticed two white circles around your ankles.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

fixed.

Haha!

Well then. I fire Ice bolts until it fires ice again.

The woman brought up her metal glove as you fired ice bolts. As they were about to hit, they froze in space. You saw sparks coming from the glove, and the woman's snicker as she splayed her arm, sending the ice bolts back at you.

===

---

---
---
HP: 24/30
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiii}

{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiii}

Fine.

After witnessing Arnold Schwarzenegger punch me in the face with tremendous force, I quickly attempt to retaliate by sucking his head into an uppercut, followed by a wave of negative gravity in his direction in order to separate me from him, I then create an aura that doesn't affect me and keeps alternating between increased gravity and decreased gravity every second, I then wait for him to get stunned or sumthing by the effects, and then try to put my "Razor Collar" on him.

You sucked his head to an uppercut and sent up to the ceiling, surprising you.

The man fell and crashed onto a table, letting out a scream only to have him breathe harder as you inflicted the aura around him.

"Honey?!"

The woman was up, looking at you and her partner with pure distraught.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM!" she shouted as she ran towards you, brandishing a flame sword in her hand.

===

Superpower: Ability to draw attention away from myself, not really making me invisible, but making people not notice me
---
Biography: Just got laid off for the third time this year. Thinking about going into robbery but doesn't want it to have to get that drastic.
---
---

Oh, man. It's going to be tough for me to set up with you, but I'll take the challenge. You're at level 1, and the amount of influence you can have on people is limited, but you'll get there.

Now, let's begin.

For the first time in months, you woke up without feeling sleepy. You were living in a room situated in a cheap flat. It was a mess, clothes about, bits of food scattered. You had a little more money before the flat owner was obligated to kick you out.

Though he probably won't be kicking you out yet.

You heard a knock on the door.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

---
---
---

I get up off of my bed and look through the peep-hole, praying that it won't be who I'm dreading a visit from.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Haha!

Maybe if i spammed Frost Breath I get electric breaths. Not sure how that works. But ayy.

The woman brought up her metal glove as you fired ice bolts. As they were about to hit, they froze in space. You saw sparks coming from the glove, and the woman's snicker as she splayed her arm, sending the ice bolts back at you.

(Huh, ice already. Thought it'd be 1 or 2 before)
(Also, where's Mr. Sully? I don't think he was mentioned going away, unless i kinda missed it)

I take a moment to duck and hopefully dodge the countered bolts.
If i dodged sucsessifully, I use Ice Slide. If she fell, I create an Ice sword and shield(medieval knight style, btw. Maybe i can practice encasing myself in ice armor someday). If not, I jump back and prepare dodging.
If not, I create two Ice Shields to defend myself.
Regardless of what happens, I take a very quick glance to see my surroundings, whether that there's someone (that's not Dolan's never-before mentioned clone/partners in crime) nearby.

Showing 391-405 of 721