ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165377
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
Level: 2
XP: 20/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

"Well," Den said as he gently took the ID away from you. "We can start with his place."
"And.." he said. "I don't think Reshy and Favreu are really sending mercenaries after you. They're doing something for sure.."
You saw him got into his car, and beckoned you to come.
"We're going to the knife man's apartment."
He drove just after you sat in (c'mon, you'll say yes [hopefully]). The both of you said nothing on the way, and Den was certainly blocking you out of his mind.
As the car turned to the right, you both saw a dead end, blocked by knives.
"God!" Den shouted as he stopped the car. "I thought he was dead!"
In this part of the streets, you noticed that it was very quiet.

It's a trap!
https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.npr.org%2Fassets%2Fblogs%2Fthetwo-way%2Fimages%2F2010%2F03%2Fackbar-dfdfea93d8ed875f978acf5fcbf63b65c0cf7033-s300-c85.jpg&sp=d47279afd01f7421d9040f68db106fcd

I sit into the passenger seat and wait while Den drives me around. I am slightly irritated when I notice that he is blocking me from his mind, until I realize I shouldn't be, really. It's his right to have a bit of peace of mind (literally). Still, I keep being on my guard.

I soon rise into high alert as we drive into the dead end. "He should be, unless his neck is made of rubber! Drive back, quick!"
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
Level: 2
XP: 20/40
---
HP: 20/30
---
Inventory:
$97

I sit into the passenger seat and wait while Den drives me around. I am slightly irritated when I notice that he is blocking me from his mind, until I realize I shouldn't be, really. It's his right to have a bit of peace of mind (literally). Still, I keep being on my guard.

I soon rise into high alert as we drive into the dead end. "He should be, unless his neck is made of rubber! Drive back, quick!"

"No, no, no, no, no," Den said as he slammed the gear to reverse and drove as fast as he could backwards.

"YOU THINK I'M ONE MAN?!" You heard a metallic voice come from the skies. You saw in the sky, the face of the knife man formed by knives.

"I LIVE AS THE KNIFE! I DIE AS THE KNIFE! I AM THE KNIFE!"

You noticed out of the corner of your eyes, Den was shocked to hear that. You had a feeling it wasn't just that the knives are living beings.

One knife came earlier and broke the windscreen by itself. Den cursed as he instinctively grabbed it and melted it off.

<Mr. Naifermann,> you heard Den thought. <I believe you're afraid of melting.>

"What?!" the knife man, Naifermann, said. "Who are you?!"

The car tipped over.

(-10 HP)

You felt knives starting to fill up the car.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name: V
Superpower: Arcane Magic
---
Biography: Varro Hale used to have a normal life going to high school until last year, when his powers awakened within him one day. That day some thieves managed to trap him in an abandoned house, and his power manifested in a bolt of chaotic energy which blasted open a wall through which he escaped. Since that day, he has been spending time learning to control his 'superpower' while keeping it a secret from everyone except his best friend, Dax, and dreams of becoming a vigilante superhero nicknamed as V.
---
---

May I join?

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Varro Hale used to have a normal life going to high school until last year, when his powers awakened within him one day. That day some thieves managed to trap him in an abandoned house, and his power manifested in a bolt of chaotic energy which blasted open a wall through which he escaped. Since that day, he has been spending time learning to control his 'superpower' while keeping it a secret from everyone except his best friend, Dax, and dreams of becoming a vigilante superhero nicknamed as V.
---
---

May I join?

This RPG is like a bar in a town of nowhere. Sure you can have a drink, but it's going to feel very empty.

Let's begin.

"Hey," Dax said.

You were sitting in a coffee shop, lounging with your favourite coffee (or any favourite drinks) and favourite friend. As soon as you sat down, you were staring at an argument between a man and woman.

"Hey," Dax said, nudging you this time. "I'm seeing it too. You wanna wait til' it escalates?"

You already saw it escalate. The man stood up and slapped the woman across her face.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

---
---
---

This RPG is like a bar in a town of nowhere. Sure you can have a drink, but it's going to feel very empty.

Let's begin.

"Hey," Dax said.

You were sitting in a coffee shop, lounging with your favourite coffee (or any favourite drinks) and favourite friend. As soon as you sat down, you were staring at an argument between a man and woman.

"Hey," Dax said, nudging you this time. "I'm seeing it too. You wanna wait til' it escalates?"

You already saw it escalate. The man stood up and slapped the woman across her face.

Varro raised his eyes to glance at Dax for a moment before lowering them again, staring at his half empty cappuccino mug. He found the swirling shapes of brown, white and black in his drink relaxing, helping him gather his thoughts. That man had already attacked the woman, and it was most probably going to get worse if he didn't help... but the real question was, how would he help her? Certainly not by blasting the guy to bloody pieces...

"Maybe we should just wait, and see what happens." the teenager finally replied, taking a sip from the mug, and then placing it back on the table. "We'll interfere if he hits her again, otherwise it's just..." he added, turning his head towards the window. "Not our problem, I guess." he finished with a shrug.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

Varro raised his eyes to glance at Dax for a moment before lowering them again, staring at his half empty cappuccino mug. He found the swirling shapes of brown, white and black in his drink relaxing, helping him gather his thoughts. That man had already attacked the woman, and it was most probably going to get worse if he didn't help... but the real question was, how would he help her? Certainly not by blasting the guy to bloody pieces...

"Maybe we should just wait, and see what happens." the teenager finally replied, taking a sip from the mug, and then placing it back on the table. "We'll interfere if he hits her again, otherwise it's just..." he added, turning his head towards the window. "Not our problem, I guess." he finished with a shrug.

You saw it escalating quickly. The woman held her hand to her face as she slammed her right hand into the man, sending him flying to the window and crashing it.

"Oh, Jesus," Dax said as he turned to you with a concerned look. "I can't do anything."

Everyone was watching; no one was moving.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

---
---
---

You saw it escalating quickly. The woman held her hand to her face as she slammed her right hand into the man, sending him flying to the window and crashing it.

"Oh, Jesus," Dax said as he turned to you with a concerned look. "I can't do anything."

Everyone was watching; no one was moving.

Varro stared in surprise at the woman as she sent the man flying into the window. It was a rather unexpected turn of events, considering how at first the woman seemed to be the victim, but now the roles had reversed. Not to mention, she probably had superstrength, considering the sheer force of the blow.

"You're right, Dax." he replied, frowning. "Go check on the guy, call an ambulance if needed. I will go confront her." he added before getting up from his table and walking carefully towards the woman.

"Hey, what did that man do to deserve that?" Varro said to her.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

Varro stared in surprise at the woman as she sent the man flying into the window. It was a rather unexpected turn of events, considering how at first the woman seemed to be the victim, but now the roles had reversed. Not to mention, she probably had superstrength, considering the sheer force of the blow.

"You're right, Dax." he replied, frowning. "Go check on the guy, call an ambulance if needed. I will go confront her." he added before getting up from his table and walking carefully towards the woman.

"Hey, what did that man do to deserve that?" Varro said to her.

Dax did as you said as you got up and confronted her.

"Hey," you said. "What did that man do-"

She turned around and gave you a snarl.

"Shut the hell up," the woman said as she reached for your chest.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

---
---
---

Dax did as you said as you got up and confronted her.

"Hey," you said. "What did that man do-"

She turned around and gave you a snarl.

"Shut the hell up," the woman said as she reached for your chest.

Varro's eyes widen as the woman interrupts him while reaching for his chest. He instinctively backs off, thus avoiding her grab, and gather's some Arcane magic in his right hand, which he immediately hides behind his back, and forms a purple missile the size of his palm, crackling with energy.

"L-look, you don't have to do t-this, so let's just talk..." the teenager stammered, his body shaking slightly from the unstable magic coursing through his hand. If she doesn't back down, then Varro throws the Arcane Missile at her.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

Varro's eyes widen as the woman interrupts him while reaching for his chest. He instinctively backs off, thus avoiding her grab, and gather's some Arcane magic in his right hand, which he immediately hides behind his back, and forms a purple missile the size of his palm, crackling with energy.

"L-look, you don't have to do t-this, so let's just talk..." the teenager stammered, his body shaking slightly from the unstable magic coursing through his hand. If she doesn't back down, then Varro throws the Arcane Missile at her.

(Alright. As of now, your missiles won't be a shredder or anything; it'll be force. Give me the details if you want to describe how arcane magic works since arcane magic can mean a lot of things.)

You moved back, trying to warn her. She still tried to grab you, and you threw your Arcane Missile at her. It threw her back about ten feet and moved you back a short distance. You didn't feel anything, but you saw the woman clenching at her stomach.

You saw her glowing for some reason.

You also noticed that a lot of people are swarming out of the cafe. You also heard Dax shouting, but you didn't know what he was saying.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

---
---
---

You moved back, trying to warn her. She still tried to grab you, and you threw your Arcane Missile at her. It threw her back about ten feet and moved you back a short distance. You didn't feel anything, but you saw the woman clenching at her stomach.

You saw her glowing for some reason.

You also noticed that a lot of people are swarming out of the cafe. You also heard Dax shouting, but you didn't know what he was saying.

(Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was busy all day doing homework. Ugh. Anyway, most of Varro's magic is mainly force, although it sometimes infiltrates the enemy's body and cause ailments ranging setting them on fire or inflicting paralysis to doing something harmless like giving them chills or making their body vibrate slightly. As for flexibility, the energy can be 'compressed' into small spheres of high density which explode on contact with pretty much anything solid, or sent forward like a beam or even be shaped in all sorts of forms, including spherical shields or the 'bolt' which was just used. Finally, Varro could also absorb small amounts of energy from beings around him, but only if they don't have superpowers. Of course, he's not currently able to do even half of these things because it would require a lot of experience with using his superpower.)

Varro saw that people started running out of the cafe and was about to follow them when he noticed that the woman, who was a good distance from him, was now glowing for some reason. He couldn't help but simply stare at her for a few seconds, wondering what was going on. Did she also have some form of regenerative superpower on top of her superstrength? Or was she charging some form of attack?

Deciding that it was better to step her from whatever she was doing either way, the teenager sets his hands in front of him and shudders as the arcane magic started flowing through him, stretching from his hands and into the air. It proceeds to create three pink cubical forms, one in each hand and the last floating in the air above his head. He then throws the two cubes and wills the third one towards the woman.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
HP: 15/20

(Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was busy all day doing homework. Ugh. Anyway, most of Varro's magic is mainly force, although it sometimes infiltrates the enemy's body and cause ailments ranging setting them on fire or inflicting paralysis to doing something harmless like giving them chills or making their body vibrate slightly. As for flexibility, the energy can be 'compressed' into small spheres of high density which explode on contact with pretty much anything solid, or sent forward like a beam or even be shaped in all sorts of forms, including spherical shields or the 'bolt' which was just used. Finally, Varro could also absorb small amounts of energy from beings around him, but only if they don't have superpowers. Of course, he's not currently able to do even half of these things because it would require a lot of experience with using his superpower.)

(The thing with absorbing small amounts of energy from beings without superpowers is that this world doesn't consist of anyone without a superpower. Of course this begs the question that a tyrant with the strongest superpower can rule the world with no problem. I'll leave it up to you to decipher that.)

(Right now, it wouldn't cause ailments since, and you've acknowledged it too, you're just level 1.)

Varro saw that people started running out of the cafe and was about to follow them when he noticed that the woman, who was a good distance from him, was now glowing for some reason. He couldn't help but simply stare at her for a few seconds, wondering what was going on. Did she also have some form of regenerative superpower on top of her superstrength? Or was she charging some form of attack?

Deciding that it was better to step her from whatever she was doing either way, the teenager sets his hands in front of him and shudders as the arcane magic started flowing through him, stretching from his hands and into the air. It proceeds to create three pink cubical forms, one in each hand and the last floating in the air above his head. He then throws the two cubes and wills the third one towards the woman.

You charged up and formed 3 cubes. You sent all 3 of them at her.

The glow was growing more intensely until the 3 cubes hit. The glow was lost, sending a wave of heat from her. You winced as the wave hit you.

(-5 HP)

The woman was trying to get up, but you saw her struggling.

Showing 601-612 of 721