ForumsThe TavernI am the Oracle

224 77378
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello citizens of ArmorGames! It is I, the great and powerful R2D21999. I have gained wisdom after many eons and I've decided to share that wisdom with you all. Once per day, I will permit one question from every user. However, it's only one question a day. More than one and I will forever leave your other questions unanswered for a whole day. It has to be more than exactly 24 hours.

So come... amuse me with your questions, mortals.

• 224 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It and something are both pronouns.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

yes and ap said "without a noun". His exact words were "without using a noun", not "without using anything that can function as a noun".

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Pronouns are still a replacements for nouns however. It's even in the name, proNOUN. Also I will not use any sort of 'holes' in a question that offers a challenge such as that.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

But no one questioned the use of such 'holes'. It is part of an oracle's nature, as you've shown us, to give answers with dual and/or ambiguous meaning. This is a 'hole' in the challenge itself that you have no problem exploiting to its fullest.

And besides, because noun is part of the word &quotronoun" doesn't mean that you cannot use a pronoun either. The question was clear If being part of the word had any significance, then going to work without your mobile phone (because you are attempting to take a break from social media or whatever) would mean you have to forego the use of your automobile as well.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

And at times an oracle must be fair. While I could rely on holes, and I have for most questions, I'd rather take this question legitimately and seriously. If users offered more questions as that I would do the same.

As for your example on mobile phones and automobiles, that's not correct as the only thing in relation to those things are the names. They don't fit into any sort of category together. Think of a Noun being a category and Pronoun being a sub category. For a better example, if he had asked me not to be social for a whole day, he would most likely be referring to not being social on Armor Games. However since he did not specify, and assuming I agree to the challenge, that would I wouldn't be social on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, or even in real life.

If you wish to discuss this further, please go to my comments. Please be aware however it will probably take me a couple days to see your comment and replies. If you continue here I'll just ignore you.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Fine by me. I shall move this discussion to your profile. See you there

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Does that mean you don't either?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Wise Oracle, do you prefer being called "Oracle", "Wise Oracle", "Oracle", "Wise Oracle", "R2" or "R2D21999"

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

All of them are fine with me, young mortal.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Chocolate. Everyone loves chocolate, meaning everyone would love me. Plus chocolate is the best part of s'mores.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

What's your favorite type of chocolate, Wise Oracle?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

All those eons gaining wisdom, just to be asked one's favourite chocolate

Oh right, question!
Oh wise Oracle, what offerings does the football deity require to make a certain team lose an important championship match?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

What's your favorite type of chocolate, Wise Oracle?

Milk chocolate, because it's amazing.

Oh wise Oracle, what offerings does the football deity require to make a certain team lose an important championship match?

For the non-american football deity I'd suggest a shiny diamond. For the American football deity a hamburger will do.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

All those eons gaining wisdom, just to be asked one's favourite chocolate

well, he was asked lots of difficult questions, I thought I should ask an easy one. Oracles also have feelings

Oracle, do Oracles have feelings?

Showing 121-135 of 224