ForumsForum GamesIsland under a godly dome V2 [RP/RPG]

31 17145
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

APPLICATIONS CLOSED!

http://i.imgur.com/0uyG29B.png
Welcome to the island of Tulse. In terms of land mass it's approximately as big as Poland and has slightly less than 4 million inhabitants. The level of technology here is about the same as the one in the 15th century in our land. Mostly swords, bows and catapults are used for combat, however, muskets and cannons are slowly taking their place. All people here look just like humans, the only difference is in the eyes. The pupil is shaped like a vertical line and the iris is bright and has no texture (like a viper eye). This is how the island itself looks like on a map:

http://i.imgur.com/kAHivd9.jpg
Click this for better quality

Backstory:

This island is isolated from the rest of the world by an invisible shell. Except for clouds, nothing can enter the interior of the dome and nothing can exit. If you travel a few miles away in the sea, you can even touch it. The dome doesn't let anyone outside see anything inside it, however, everyone inside can see what's outside - nothing, but an open sea. The dome is indestructible, no matter how much magic, weapons or bizarre items have been used against it for the last few centuries, it doesn't have a single crack.

Nobody knows why it's there or how it got there and nobody really cares. Some say it was created by someone, some say that the dome is the creator of everything in the world and has been there since the beginning of time. Thanks to this theory, mostly everyone has a religion based on the dome. A concept of an outside world has been thought of several times, but has not been properly explored.

There are 37 ruling factions on this island. Some bigger, some smaller, some stronger, some weaker. 36 of these factions had a 13 year long war before making a ceasefire agreement 10 years ago due to war exhaustion and massive inflation from debt. This truce ends in 2 days. All factions are building fortresses on their borders and spending everything they have on their military. A large war is coming and tensions are large.

Rules:

There are 3 very important rules when playing this. These rules are the only reason this isn't a raw RP.

1. Your character is not allowed to be able to destroy, go through, change shape or influence the dome in any way.

2. You cannot choose the consequences of your actions.

3. Time travel (kinda) does not exist. You can slow time down, pause it or make it go faster, but you can't "teleport" to a certain period of time, nor can you travel back in time.

Application sheet:

Despite this being an RP/RPG, you'll only need to post this sheet once. Your "stats" may change as time goes on, but the changes are going to be either so important that you'll remember them automatically or so unimportant that there won't be a need to remember them at all.

Name, surname: [You can have multiple names as well if you wish, you can even use a dynasty instead of a surname if you want to be fancy.]

Location: [Open the map in paint, and highlight where you want to be located, if you can't manage that, we'll come up with some alternate methods]

Appearance: [I'll try to illustrate your character, so try to go in detail.]

Personality: [At least one line on this...that'd be lovely.]

Biography: [Life-changing events, important people, that kind of stuff. Anything that doesn't break the rules.]

Element: [Choose one: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Poison, Ice, Dark, Light, Physical, Void. Even if you won't use magic, you still require one.]

Quick note if you don't plan on using magic: The physical element doubles your physical strength, all of the other ones are magic-related.

Magical skill(s): [Whatever you want this/these to be. Can be something very simple like breathing fire, or can be something complex like controlling one's mind for a minute if you raise your left arm with your eyes closed. You can even give these abilities names if you so desire, or you can not have any abilities at all. Anything is acceptable as long as it follows the rules.]

Magic:

You can skip this if you don't intend to use magic.

Since I don't want magic to be too overpowered, I'll nerf it down by making it as complicated as possibly I can. Let's start with the elements: Most are pretty basic except void. Let me explain - Void is an anti-magic element. A weak void particle can make a large hole in an entire ocean of magic generated water if used correctly, but there's an issue with void magic. It damages only magic. It can't do anything against physical things like animals, objects, plants, people e.t.c. And since mages are not a common thing on the island, void is proclaimed as the most useless element of all.

A very important thing is that a person's element is not actually all that important. This is because your element only affects the speed and efficiency of learning a magic skill. Just because you are water elemental, doesn't mean you can't learn fire magic. It will just take a longer time to learn.

Depending on the complexity, one magical skill usually requires a several weeks to learn, if it's from a different element, it takes about several times longer.

There is also a good reason why mages are a rare thing on the island. Let me explain: everyone has this thing called 'mana', I'm pretty sure you all know what it is. If a magic ability is used, it takes away a certain amount of mana. This amount depends on the power of the magical skill. The problem is that people have different amounts of mana. Some have more, some have less, some don't have any at all. And if you happen to use up more mana than you have, it will start draining your blood, disable body parts, destroy your lungs and so on. Since nobody knows how much mana they have, using a magical skill for the first time results in death or permanent damage on one's body about 6/10 times.

There's much more info about magic that I haven't explained, but this introduction is already long enough, so let's move on.

Factions:

This info is based on the things that the island's inhabitants say about them.

Crusaders:

http://i.imgur.com/Tes9LTU.jpg

This faction thinks that the dome has a creator, and that creator is supposed to be the one everyone should obey. They fight to enforce this new religion and enslave/kill/imprison anyone who thinks otherwise. Those who agree with them need to pay taxes for them, so that they can donate that money to their so-proclaimed god. Most people believe these are lies, and those who say these speculations out loud are immediately considered infidels and are treated as such. Nobody is allowed to leave the Crusader lands. Their army has a total of 5600 soldiers, 32 transport ships and 22 battleships. They have the worst military technology on the island and don't have a lot of mages to compensate, but their soldiers are very brave and have a never-ending morale. They have a rather solid economy despite most of their land being on the desert. This is because they're the only faction with gold mines in them.

Vermile's Empire:

http://i.imgur.com/N7Np4sy.jpg

The most powerful faction of all. They have 9300 soldiers, 74 transport ships and 52 battleships, as well as the largest land mass. Magic is often used in their wars. They simply fight to control the island. Nobody really knows what will happen if they successfully do it and this mystery terrifies everyone. Most of their lands are very undeveloped, but what really helps their economy is their alliance with Clarity.

Guardians:

http://i.imgur.com/VzB3trO.jpg

The most supported faction of all. They want eternal peace on the island and want to achieve it by invading the Crusaders and Vermile's Empire. Unlike any other faction they have a council of seven people. Every four years two people are voted to leave the council by the faction's citizens and two are voted to replace them. This confirms that people's interests are important to this faction. Despite being the most populated, they're actually the poorest of all. They never have enough money to supply their armies and people, resulting in terrible fortifications, broken equipment and lots of diseases within their inhabitants. They have 6300 soldiers, 40 transport ships and 14 battleships. Mages are very common due to the population.

Holy Indra's Alliance:

http://i.imgur.com/tf6KvwO.jpg

A union of 31 small factions in the south west to defend themselves from Vermile's expansion. None of these factions are allowed to fight each other, and if anyone outside the alliance attacks one of the factions, the rest will be called in the war. Not only that, but the Guardians have a direct alliance with them as well. Each one has different amounts of soldiers, varying from 100 to 1500. All of them together have a total of 6100 soldiers, 20 transport ships and 37 battleships. They only have about 20 mages in their army.

Clarity:

http://i.imgur.com/xPLWoUM.jpg

Best economy on the island, in terms of technology they're about 40 years ahead of everyone. They're the only faction that uses muskets and cannons as main weapons for combat. They have several layers of thick fortresses all over their land, their army has 2000 soldiers, 50 of which are mages, 10 transport ships and 56 battleships. The army is constantly fully funded and is ready for war if anyone ever dares to attack them. They're the only ones that have never participated in a war, because they have great relations with literally every other faction on the island and nobody really wants to mess with them because of the reasons mentioned above. They have no ideology, resulting in them being the most stable on the island.

Cess and Leija are the factions with the diplomatically worst situation. Their defeat once the truce ends is obvious. It's only a matter of who takes them first. Cess is in a slightly better situation, though, because Crusaders have threatened Vermile's Empire with war if invade Cess. Leija's army consists of 1200 soldiers and 10 battleships, whereas Cess has only 300 soldiers and 2 transport ships.

This is how all the factions look like on the map:

http://i.imgur.com/vZAX9Xw.jpg
Click this for better quality

The little blobs on the map are capitals of the factions. The ones in Holy Indra's Alliance have the capitals named after the factions. And yes, there are capitals that are located directly on borders.

And that's as brief as I can get with the story. If you have anything to ask, put it in [these brackets, so I know it's meant for me].

• 31 Replies
wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I'd love to join, but I'd like to wait for at least two other people if possible. is that ok?

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Sure, it would seem rather strange to have only 1 person playing this...

Dujas
Dujas
59 posts
Bard

Name: Dujas Dragonrider
Location: The southern part of Clarity [Don't know how to post maps]
Appearance:Soft black hair,below average muscles,usually wears a mage robe with a dagger beside him, and has brown eyes.
Personality:Shy,but fights for his family and friends. He ultimately wants peace on the islands,and he's not afraid to fight for it.He is also smart to make up for his strength.
Biography:Lived with his mother,father,and older brother, in till a fire mage killed his mother and father.Since then he has lived with his brother,using the wilderness to survive.He found
his magic when he was catching fish, and has not used it, since he was hurt.
Element:Water
Magical skill(s): Can manipulate water if he stands and concentrates. [Manipulate = can create water from air, change the form of water, can launch water, and drink water.
Magic:Comes naturally.

[Anything wrong please let me know]

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name, surname: Stratos, Axorez

Location: (Too lazy, so unless i have to, i will then do it tommorow. It's in the clarity land, in between Vermille's Empire, Candove and Vilenia. It's closer to the border of Vermille's, but still in quite the center)

Appearance: Short, Very dark brown hair it looks like black on first glance. In mid 20s, but has a face like a teen. Small build. 160cm tall. Male.

Personality: Reserved unless to close friends. Sometimes overconfident, sometimes not at all. Doesn't think the dome is a creator/God, but rather man made. Likes tinkering with mechanical items.

Biography: Born in clarity, and later finds how fitting it is with him. He has a rather peaceful lifetime. Both his parents were deceased. He has one older brother and one older sister, the brother being older. The three of them work in the army, his brother and sister soldiers, but himself being a researcher. He researches weaponry. He still lives together with his siblings. He has one childhood friend that works as a businessman, and still meet together on a monthly basis.

Element: Lightning

Magical skill(s):
-Lit(Cast small thunder on something, enough to burn it)
-Bolt(Fires fast thunder, average power)
-Thunder-Up(Temporarily enhances weapons with lightning, if it's non-bow ranged, increases damage, if bow, adds small paralyzing effect, if melee weapons, adds paralyzing effect)
-Thunder Repair(Repairs mechanical stuff. Not much though)

This fine? As for names, i'll leave them to you.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

@Sept1cL0cket (John Steele)

[You've done everything correctly, I just want to ask - in what way does the earth move when you use your ability?]

The day starts bright. Outside the window there's nothing, but a blue sky without a single cloud. It's fairly obvious it won't rain today. In fact, it hasn't rained for several weeks now and the whole place feels like it's slowly drying out.

A thing you immediately remember was that yesterday a strange man in a red robe, mature face, tan skin, green eyes and short, brown hair visited your farm and asked you not to go anywhere outside the building during today's sunset and left without answering any questions.

Other than that, the view outside the window seems just like usual. A dark forest surrounding your farm and the strange watchtower on the horizon. On the top of this tower you see some occasional bright lights and sometimes dark lights. There's always some strange stuff happening there that's related to magic, but due to your rather busy life you haven't really had any interest in checking it out.

@Dujas (Dujas Dragonrider)

Ok, so before we start, I'd like to know a little bit more precisely where you want to be. Here's a screenshot of the southern part of Clarity, give me approximately which line and column of these sectors is where you want to be, everything else you did is okay.

@Loop_Stratos (Stratos Axorez)

[You've done everything right, there's no need for a picture as your description is detailed enough]

Buzzing sounds. All around the room, occasionally stopping for a minute before continuing to fly around. The fly keeps buzzing until it flies into your left ear, you wake up and the insect flies out of the room. A bright light comes from the window behind your bed, it's going to be a sunny day today. The same light shines on your brother's empty bed that's next to you.

This reminds you that yesterday the general of the 3rd legion (which your siblings are a part of) asked your siblings and a few other soldiers to guard a Crusader diplomat on his way to Clarity's capital. This was necessary because there's a lot of troops from Vermile's Empire in Clarity's lands due to their alliance, and the imperial soldiers are not very fond of Crusaders. Just because there's a truce doesn't mean the faction members aren't allowed to individually harass, torture, mug and threaten each other. Anything except killing or capturing is allowed. Clarity values diplomats more than anything else, no matter what faction they're from and always seek to protect them.

As for yourself, the general has given you a holiday today. You are free to do anything you like.

Dujas
Dujas
59 posts
Bard

Column 14, Row 3.[From the left side over.]
If that's not a problem.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Well, i hope they're okay... I think as i think(yep) what to do today.

After a few minutes, i decide to go outside and see if anything catches my interest.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

[Yep, that's good enough!]

-Hey! Look what I found!

A familiar, loud voice wakes you up. You open your eyes and see a texture of old wood on the roof. This reminds you that you and your brother found a small wooden house in the middle of nowhere after getting lost in a hilly area. There was one bed and you both decided that you will be sleeping one at a time.

Of course, your brother is a rather loud and occasionally obnoxious person. So forgetting about others sleeping from time to time kind of fits him.

Your sibling comes up to you and shows you a small, rectangular wooden chest with a lock on it. On the top of it, you see a scraped text - Book of Xadiar. This seems to be the name of the content inside the chest.

[Ok, thank you! That's all I needed.]

As you head outside the house, you see the usual thin road that leads to the nearest village through the slightly dark forest. It's on the opposite direction of where the watchtower is. Chances are, this road is where the strange man with the red robe came from and left. You head to the springhead that separates a part of your farm from the forest.

You walk all around the farm watering all the plants that require watering. You head back to the springhead. As you get there, a bush shakes in the nearby forest, something big just ran out of it in a very big speed. It seemed like a naked human with a pale skin and something weird on it's head, but you couldn't really tell where it went, due to it's speed.

You exit the house and outside you see the same usual view. To the right of you there's barracks and training fields with about a total of 800 soldiers and to your left there's a very wide road and next to it a fortified wall that stretches til the end of the horizon. To the front of you, about a mile away you can see another wall and a watchtower next to it.

Like usual, there's about 200 soldiers marching alongside the wall on the wide road with the general of the 3rd legion in the front. In the training fields the soldiers are allowed to do whatever kind of training they desire and that's what they always do, but during the last week they and the generals have been lazier than ever. You see one of the generals playing chess with someone wearing a Crusader uniform, another general is reading a book and another one discussing a broken cannon with one of the cannon engineers.

Dujas
Dujas
59 posts
Bard

Dujas Dragonrider

I ask my brother "Do you know anyone called Xadiar?"
If he says that he's a wizard, continue.
If he knows him, continue.
If he does not know him,I ask him "Can you take me to where you found the box?"
[Will we interact with other players?]

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

(Wow, is this town for soldiers and no one else? >.> )

I watch the ones playing chess. I like chess.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Name, surname: Zexed Dakumeiji

Location: I am using mobile, so I can't do the paint thing, but can I spawn in a city in Candove territory near the Clarity and Vermile's Empire borders

Appearance: Is around 23 years old, stands at about 5'9" with a pretty fit build from working as an apprentice at a local smithy. Has moderately long, unkempt white hair, purple eyes and slightly angular features. Wears modest clothes, generally in green and brown shades, and carries a shortsword that he crafted himself

Personality: Is generally an easygoing guy, but knows how to get serious if the need arises. Loves to read, and isn't afraid to ask questions that might get him into trouble

Biography: Has been alone as long as he can remember, which isn't saying much because he doesn't remember anything before about 3 years ago, when he woke up in an inn a few miles from the city he lives in today, badly injured from what looked like an overuse of magic, remembering only his name and basic things about himself. After thanking the Innkeeper for caring for him, he headed to the city to look for work, and found it with Codeth Brightstorm, a smith who was looking for an apprentice to help him in his forge. Zexed and Codeth now live in the apartment above the forge together as good friends.

Element: Wind, which Zexed discovered when he was in by the forge and the fire blasted out at him. On instinct, he thrust his hands outward, and an enormous gust of wind pushed back the fire, almost putting out the forge in the process

Magical skill(s): Zexed generally uses his wind magic to increase his speed and agility, or to jump across the rooftops of the city to get around faster, but he can also use it in a myriad of ways, which he is still learning about to this day

How's this? I can change whatever if you want.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Eliakith of Soel

[Right in the middle of the half controlled by Vermille's Empire]

Appearance: A 5"9, lighter weight build, Eliakith isn't strong or combat capable, but he has stamina after his years of training. He spent a lot of time on his "battle armor" which is really just peiced together bits of leather armor over his shoulders, chest, and knees painted a dark purple with black cross stripes.

Personality: He has an air of mystery, or so he'd like you to think. He's actually a funny kid for someone who lost his parents. He knows the time and place, so he's serious when he has to be.

Biography: As a child, Eliakith practiced magic under the sanction of his parents, both proficient doctors. He's beaten up his body many times while practicing, but eventually learned his limits. After doing so, he began to study other areas of magic, and settled on void in addition to his own element, dark. In an accident [he doesn't go into detail], his parents were killed. He managed on his own, but rarely practices with passion anymore. He aligns with Vermille's empire, but no one knows why, similarly to the faction itself.

Element: Dark

Magical skill(s): Shadow bolt (a small lance shape projectile formed of dark magic) Black hail (small pellets of dark magic shot from above at an area pre-determined) void shield (twenty drops of void magic swirl around him, hopefully protecting him from magic {not battle tested})

I hope I did well, I'm really looking foreward to playing.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

As you use the ability, the bush shudders very heavily once again. After about a second of shaking a few liters of blood splash all around the bush, a few droplets hitting your face. You see the "thing" running deeper inside the forest, but heavily bleeding. Apparently the ability of yours heavily damaged it, despite you being rather calm about the situation. You chase after it, but it is way faster than you are, earthquake cannot reach it either. You keep chasing it until you can barely see your house behind you.

Here you remember something your father said when he was still alive: "Son, look at the forest here, it's beautiful, isn't it? Yes, well there's places you cannot enter. Strange things are being told about forests. It is said that those who enter a forest alone never come out. If you travel in packs, however, it is perfectly fine. So do me a favor and only go inside the forest as long as you can see our home. Ok?"

If you go any deeper inside, the farm will be out of your range of vision.

[I have been debating with myself about this topic for as long as I've been working on the game. The problem about playing with others is that the situation turns very messy if one of the players suddenly leaves or if there's one of my characters nearby. So my idea is that you will be given the choice whether or not you want to interact with each other when the time comes. I hope that makes sense.]

-Me? No! I was just walking around the room thinking about what to do next until I noticed that there's always one plank that sounds slightly off whenever I step on it. I thought that maybe there was something interesting hidden under it and indeed there was.

Your brother points to a hole in the ground right in front of the door.

-I was trying to find the key to the lock by looking all around the room, but I found nothing, so I thought that maybe you could help me find it.

[You're not really in a town, you're in a house that's in the corner of the barracks. There are some villages/towns/cities some miles away, and a few houses in-between them. The barracks being a multitude of buildings made for lodging soldiers. Sorry for the confusion.]

You head to the two men playing chess. The general looks at you and then looks back at the person in the Crusader uniform.

-This is our weapon investigator - Stratos Axorez.

The Crusader looks at you with an irritating, careless expression. He looks very young, about 16 years old. He has blue eyes, short, blonde hair and freckles all over his face. His uniform seems to be a Crusader standard. A very slightly pale red color all over the armor with a white cross and dark red strokes around it on the front of his chest. The general looks back at you.

-Stratos, this is the son of the diplomat we want to deliver. His name is Errol Caidon. The diplomat will arrive here on his way to the capital to pick up Errol. He will get here in about an hour.

You look at the chess table and it looks something like this.

Since the general is sitting on the left side of the table and the Crusader is sitting on the right, chances are that the general is playing the blacks and the Crusader is playing the whites.

@wookie1196 (Zexed Dakumeiji)

[This is ok. You've done everything correctly.]

A sudden, loud sound of two swords scraping against each other from the lower floor makes you not only jump up, but hit your head against the upper flood bed where Codeth sleeps. Thank god you did not hit your right eye, though. Your left eye's vision is so blurry that it can be basically called blind, so if anything happens to your right eye, chances are that you will lose vision completely. Another thing that others seem to have and you don't is the ability to smell and taste things. Finally, the middle finger, ring finger and pinkie finger of your left arm are disabled. You don't even feel that they're there. Other than that, you're okay in the other regards. All of these disabilities are probably from the overuse of magic you experienced a few years ago.

Your sleep is being interrupted by your friend working early in the morning. As a blacksmith selling swords and spears, he currently has several times more customers than usual due to the upcoming, inevitable chaos that this island will experience. So he's spending as much time as he can on working as the income just can't get any higher than this.

Judging by the color of the light in the room, it's pretty easy to tell that today there's going to be a clear, sunny weather.

@eliakith (Eliakith of Soel)

There aren't any flaws in the application. There's only one problem and it's that I kind of wanted to close applications once/if a fourth player appears. You and the 4th player applied almost at the same time, so I didn't have time to close in-between. Since I'm not good at improvising (I know from experience), you'll need to give me one extra day to come up with interesting events to get everything going. I hope you don't mind.

Dujas
Dujas
59 posts
Bard

"Sure." I say to my brother."You start from the left side of the shack, I'll start from the right.But are you sure that this box is worth opening?" I ask my brother.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

@jeff1999 not a problem, just @ tag me again please.

Showing 1-15 of 31