ForumsNews and FeedbackIdea [suggestion] > Quest sets

6 5336
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

http://i.imgur.com/TTjnahG.png

I would very much like to see something similar to Quests Sets , as demonstrated on above image !

In order for someone to get Zombie Slayer quest , he will have to complete x number of Zombie related quests from various games! I made a picture just for demonstration purposes, I am not implying anything! Quest conditions can only be determined and chosen by Administrators if accepted!

Zombie Slayer is just one out of many possibilities for Quest-Sets ! For example , there could be a quest named "Robin Hood" which would encompass quests that require extreme precision! I have in mind what quests that can be, but that's irrelevant now.Furthermore, not only game quests have to count! There could be in addition to game related quests a specific conditions like : play zombie games 3 days in row , etc.

On side note , hehe , there could be also a quest named "Gantic" which would require all achievable non-game related quests (Debate winner, Poetry, Builder , Critic , Armatar Exchange ...)

Optional traits:

-Shield skin

http://i.imgur.com/2LtY6cx.png

It's not necessary , but if possible it would be nice if we can highlight this specific quests somehow. One of possibilities would be to make shield skin golden as shown on above image.

-Unlockable armatars

We already have time limited armatars in the system , why not choose the best representatives of branch and make them unlockable when certain conditions are met!

http://i.imgur.com/R9ysUIs.png

----------

What do you think ?

• 6 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I like the idea. Great concept.

Quest conditions can only be determined and chosen by Administrators if accepted!

Perhaps this sort of thing should be automated?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I like the idea as well, but I am not sure if it can work with the new Star Stat.
For example, I have no idea how a quest's star value is determined, code-wise. If it is directly connected to a quest's difficulty indeed (like we suggested), then the difficulty of such quest 'sets' will have to be adjusted so as not to allow users to gain many 'bonus stars' (because they will have already gotten a fair share of stars by completing each of the quests included in the set individually).

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I think this would be an awesome addition to questing

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Let's imagine: "Robin Hood" quest

If we put in there few impossible difficulty mixed with some hard difficulty quest all based on extreme precision, we could get an ultimate quest. Players who had completed all of them would get recognition in form of a quest and a special set of armatars.

If Star-LB becomes live at all , extra stars would be more than enough to push someone to complete all quests from the set just to get a few extra stars! So in that case armatars would be just an extra , or in other words would not be necessary! :/

In general I don't think it has to spin around stars at all, however it could boost star count a bit. For example it could give a tiny star bonus for completing the set (let's say 5-10 stars), but that's not important. The important thing is how to make this attractive to users !?! I would go with unlockable armatars for example, I think that would bring up necessary attention!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This could be good if we could combine it with various armatar contests. Suggestions like this always take time to implement, so we could have a lot of time to host various special time-limited contests like a 'Zombie' themed contest for something like a 'Zombie Slayer' quest set while pulling the armatars for the other quests sets from the ones we already have (previous contests and the like - AG does not lose past armatars. An example would be taking some sushi cat armatars from the already completed contest and making them unlockable for every player who has completed a sushi quest set. I like that idea )

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

I already love it! There is very similar thing on Kongregate. However, I don't think these will be out for some time. Firstly, AG staff has to complete named ranks system.

If AG decides to put these on the site, there should something like Animal Instinct Quest(completing 8 quests in games with animals, Bloons TD5, Strike Force Kities, Sushi Cat, Bear in Super Action Adventure, etc.) or Military Contract Quest (completing 8 quests in games with military themes, such as Zombo Buster, Battalion Commander, City Siege 3 F.U.B.A.R. Pack).

Showing 1-6 of 6