ForumsGamesPokémon GO

9 5514
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Talk about Pokémon GO in this thread. How many Pokémon do you have? Which side are you on? How many gyms do you have?

• 9 Replies
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

You'd think living in Florida I'd have more Pokestops and Gyms nearby, but nope! It's a fairly lengthy drive to areas with any in them. I've still been slowly amassing my team for the next time I'm in Orlando. I just KNOW Hogwarts must have a Gym in it, and that sucker has my name on it.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Team Mystic here. It's nice to have 3 gyms and a pokestop in close proximity. My only trouble is the fact that I can not seem to capture a single gym due to the infuriating 1 hp gym bug. So I've been mainly catching pokemons.

Also, Zubats are a pain to catch.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Living in a city, there are so many gyms (aka churches and schools, at least 5 within a mile) and pokestops around me within walking distance, but I don't have much of a chance holding a gym. Unfortunately, I don't live right next to a stop, so I can't just farm items while sitting at home like some people can. Kind of hard finding the Pokémon I want, too. But I stated with a Squirtle.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Totally just nabbed a Blastoise in the grocery store parking lot. Noice! This is now my ~lucky~ chicken Caesar salad recipe!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It has been nine months since Pokémon Go has been released and I am still playing.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I quit after a month...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I love the concept, but I hate the way people kept running in front of my bike while being clued to their mobile device!

Mashi_Kip69
Mashi_Kip69
19 posts
Nomad

I currently have 396 Pokemon(including eggs) under Team Valor. Sadly, got no gyms at the moment. Since the Johto Pokemon were added, most trainers use Blissey to guard their gyms. With high HP, the Pokemon is hard to beat without help from other trainers

greeble
greeble
17 posts
Nomad

It was amazing fun last summer, but I'll admit to losing a little enthusiasm when the weather got colder! Plus, it's kinda less fun when fewer people are interested in it these days. I still think the augmented reality concept is really cool though, has anyone seen it being used in other contexts? Apparently it's being used in online shopping and things like that as well as games. Stuff like using your phone to see what Ikea furniture looks like in your room and virtually trying on glasses: https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/online-marketing/online-sales/augmented-reality-in-e-commerce/
What do you think? Pretty cool, or better sticking to games?

Showing 1-9 of 9