ForumsPopular MediaRight Now I'm Reading...

13 4775
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Where my bookworms at?! Let me know what you're reading! I'm always looking for recommendations... especially if you've got the scary stuff!

Right now I'm reading Lockwood & Co.: The Hollow Boy. I just finished Naomi Novak's Unbound. What about y'all?

• 13 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Tuesdays with Morrie By Mitch Albom

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Lord Of Souls by Greg Keyes, the second of two novels (the first being The Infernal City) taking place after the events of Oblivion, but before those of Skyrim (part 4 resp. 5 of the The Elder Scrolls games series). I was a bit anxious considering I am a rather big fan of the series, but I am pleasantly surprised so far.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

I am just about to start Fireman by Joe Hill. I have my fingers crossed for this. His novels can have great ideas, but it's a little like being told a story by someone who keeps constantly wandering off topic. Every book, it's like, "Great, but this could have lost a hundred pages painlessly." But I still enjoy them! I liked Heart Shaped Box the best.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I began reading The Shining, by Stephen King. Need I say more? ^^

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

unofficial hatsune miku mix manga

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

I'm WAITING to read My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix, which the digital library assures me I have been "next in line" for for some time now.

I may just re-read Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell in the interim. Love that book.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Uuuuugh...ok that's pretty weird...

Let me first clarify: I KNOW this thread has been here for the best part of summer. I know that it should have been noticed before. But in my defense, even mods (ok ONE Mod... @HahiHa again -_- Why do I see you everywhere man?...) did not notice, for all that time.

Anyway, this thread is a duplicate apparently...The original thread is here and it has already reached page 41. Again, I know it took me a while, but, what do we do in these situations? @DoraDoraBoBora ?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

ok ONE Mod... HahiHa again -_- Why do I see you everywhere man?...

I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the winged scourge that pecks at your nightmares! I am Darkwing Du- wait... whoops. Wrong scenario!

Anyway, you're right, and I'm sorry I didn't notice before posting in here. Thing is, the original thread had been inactive for almost four months before this one was created, from what I can see. At this point, making a new thread or reviving the 'old' one is both OK I think. As long as there is some activity. Besides, locking this thread now may be confusing for users, so if everyone is alright with it, let's just keep this one going.

So, right now I'm reading "Le hussard sur le toit" (Engl.: The Horseman on the Roof) by Jean Giono. I only just started so I can't tell much about it, other than it is an old French classic.
BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Goverment Child by Branislav Nusic.

I would suggest you all to read "Epic" by Connor Costic and "Cut" by Martha Martilla Martiuz.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Adachi Toka - Noragami

It's a series I got into by watching the anime, and now I'm reading the manga!

Zulemkar
Zulemkar
12 posts
Nomad

A Time to Love and a Time to Die, Erich Maria Remarque
Good antiwar book

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hunter X Hunter Manga

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

"Gorski Vijenac" (The Mountain Wreath) by P.P. Njegos. Lots of analyzing and quotes, just as I like.

Showing 1-13 of 13