ForumsNews and Feedback[idea][suggestion]Not allowing poor games to be approved

10 4522
bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

Yes I know someone tests these but be realistic, does someone really test these games for real?

Just how did a game like street skater city even pass? it has poor game design, lags on every browser, and poor programming.

it doesn't match with ok games like the epic gang, Makros Superpos, or Lonewolf. no its just a very bad game made by someone who didnt bother to test it or care about other people.

• 10 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, aside from the fact that rating is often subjective, a team of 10 or so admins all together (including people who have nothing to do with game-testing like writers, community managers etc.) cannot possibly test every game to perfection. Right now there are more than 18000 games on the site

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Right now there are more than 18000 games on the site

Actually, the game ID is most likely the submission number, as there are only 3,787 games on the site. This would indicate that AG accepts about 20-25% of the games submitted to the site.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Double posting because @ tags don't work in edits: @Ferret @boppins in case they know how the game ID actually works.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Oh. I am sorry. I saw this profile comment before posting this. I guess Reton8 didn't actually know either And ooooh, BOY! I cannot even imagine the horrors that must lie in all the rejected games O_O

bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

it's not just me who think these games are randomly approved, there are a few others too who think AG is accepting anything.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

yes but like we said, the site only has 10 admins. If you have a better idea on how to properly check every single game (without delaying them of course, if devs see their game being delayed too much, AG may be labelled a non dev-friendly site -> popularity downfall probably), I am pretty sure admins are all ears

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

@bigattck AG is a bit of perfectionist site. Not every game that comes to their hands can be on the site. However, there is a difference between your opinion, my opinion and admin's opinion about the game.

I do the testings, for myself, and I am trying to give any advice to users who are having trouble. A lot of other users do pretty much the same thing.

Now about the games... Makros Superpros, if you ask me, is not even a game, but a freeware. Lonewolf is pretty solid, but you need darn good reflexes and there are some tries of pulling out players' money out of their pockets. I gave a thumb down for Street Skater, but I also had a small talk with developer. It is made in HTML5 which still doesn't have that much power to compete against Flash.

bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

@BalkanRenegades
No, it was made in Unity, you can clearly see Unity stuff. The developer himself said it was made in Unity. http://disq.us/p/1a7aj6s
Oh, and the update didn't do anything to help. Still had the same problems but this time, the only place anyone can't go is the huge jump ramp.

about the games you never played.
Makros Superpros had one button with AI running. Its the same like Angry birds were you just throw a bird and let fate decide. Not too hard like Lonewoft not too broken like street skater.

Lonewolf ignoring the pay to play thing, you do have a good game. They take the time to learn, you can't expect to win at every game in one go.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@bigattck
This may surprise you, but different people like different things. Yes, the game has problems. It probably should have had more beta testing before release. That alone does not make it inherently unfit to be hosted on this site.

it's not just me who think these games are randomly approved, there are a few others too who think AG is accepting anything.
Many ignorant people believe many utterly false things. Go to Newgrounds if you want to see the dreck that doesn't meet AG's standards (among other things; I'm not saying it's all bad, but they do amass quite a lot of garbage).
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I think it's also important to point out that a game's performance may also vary on the computer you're using. Not just what browser you're using.

Showing 1-10 of 10