ForumsGamesGames like The Stanley Parable

1 2263
ngomaichi
ngomaichi
3 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

I'm Eddie. The main reason I joined here is to ask for some game suggestions.

The thing is - I am a casual gamer. I tried playing Warcraft and Skyrim and other popular games, but they just don't do it for me. I have a need for something a bit more imaginative.

So, a couple of days ago, I stumbled upon The Stanley Parable and was simply blown away by it. It was really original and innovative, but ultimately quite short. Now, I am looking for something like that. It doesn't have to be the same gameplay or the same genre, but creative.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch.

Tags: car racing games download | bike racing games download | download pop ringtone free

• 1 Reply
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Hi Eddie! Happy to meet you. I know what you mean about The Stanley Parable... it feels like I'm still finding something new every time I replay it. As for similarly creative games, hmmm...

If you haven't played Bastion, the way its omnipresent narration reacts seamlessly to your actions as it delivers the story is really pretty amazing.

Gone Home is a much more grounded story about exploring an empty house to find out what happened to your family by interacting with parts of their lives.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale splits classic action-RPG dungeon crawling with the management of a fantasy shop as you play a young girl trying to pay off her father's debts.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a unique survival adventure about being stranded in a hostile world filled with bizarre Victorian steampunk robots who hunt you down.

Thomas Was Alone is basically the gold standard for narrative-driven puzzle platformers.

And of course Undertale is an amazing RPG that turns a lot of classic gameplay tropes on their heads in addition to providing a ton of replay value thanks to a story that reacts to what you've done, even across multiple playthroughs.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Showing 1-1 of 1