ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? S3 | Is Over!

119 55052
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. Sign-ups will be open from September 1st to September 7th. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

In Season 3, things will be the same but different! Are you ready to Gantic?

ROSTER
all MattEmAngel
12 jimmycarlos
∞ akshobhya
1 ScrewTheLag
20 Doombreed
log(12!) FishPreffered
30 Patrick2011
-1000000000 Swarmlord2
35 cobbcannon3423
_____
[Season 1] | [Season 2]

• 119 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

It's a sock with a hole in it. If it isn't a sock, it's probably a laptop. If it isn't a laptop either, It's an abstract concept. I don't guess; I postulate.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Doombreed gets no ceremony for squeaking into the quarter finals and then not participating.

Would I have gotten a ceremony if I did not participate from the beginning then? o.O Good to know I will make sure to do that next time xD

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Doombreed: You got eliminated the same way as last time.

Speaking of vague, how about instead of us all picking different random stuff and you picking your own thing at the end because we didn't agree, you post a list to choose from? Or better yet, use the style you would have chosen and just make ROUND 4?

I thought about doing that, but this is "How Gantic Are You?" and not "What Would Gantic Do?"

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

To be honest, I doubt the type of round will impact winner. Otherwise, there would be some real bonus, like for correctly guessing the prize this year.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

You got eliminated the same way as last time.

Nah. There was a different reason. Last time was because I forgot. This time was because I didn't like the round and it's topic Not only I lost interest at that point, but also I could not come of anything good anyway. And since everyone else posted, I would probably be eliminated due to the lowest score anyway

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

If we are trying to think Gantically, then the 4th round should be a challenge to think of the best idea for the 4th round, as we are doing.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

ROUND 4
ROUND 4 is a Gantic round.

List 10 entries that would fit in the Book of Melancholy.

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for each correct list entry.

A maximum of 100 Gantic Points can be earned this round. The Gantestant with the lowest cumulative score will be eliminated, unless Gantestants are eliminated for non-participation. In the event that multiple Gantestants tie for the the lowest cumulative score, a lightning round will be enacted.

You have one week to submit your list. You may not edit your submission.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's hypothetical (or not so hypothetical, depending on how you look at it). Revised the instructions.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Good luck Now it's "entries that would fit in the Book of Melancholy"

So, if I were you, I would start drawing up good ol' memories from this place

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Monday: Two birds are outside my window. They are chirping a terrible ruckus. I know they're in one of those trees to the west. I cannot find them.
[...]
Saturday: Who the hell names their iPhone? I don't mean that siri thing; they actually gave it a name like a real person. Clearly these people are delusional. They probably worship animistic idols or pet rocks or something.
[...]
12: I got tired of writing what day of the week it is. I have decided to focus on the bigger picture. I am now writing the day of the month. I think this could be an important breakthrough, but then maybe I'm looking at it a bit too deeply.
[...]
16: Whatever happened to arbor day? I mean it isn't the most popular holiday, sure, but- Wait. Is arbor day even a holiday? I should probably look into that, but I doubt it'll be worth the effort.
[...]
Wednesday: Going back to naming the days. They're easier to keep track of and I don't really need to
[...]
still Wednesday: I decided not to dwell on it. Maybe I'm thinking too much. Maybe that's why nothing seems all that interesting; I'm sure other people don't care about this sort of thing and they just get on with their lives like normal. I should try that.
[...]
Thursday: It was a total disaster. And why was that news crew filming right there at the exact same time? What kind of story could they have been hoping to witness? Obviously not what they got. Now I have to decide whether it's better to move to a different town or become a shut-in. I'm leaning toward the latter.
[...]
Monday: One time I won a music award. Just thought I should put that out there in case anyone reads this one day. I don't want them to get the idea I'm a total failure or anything.
[...]
Tuesday (the 3rd): Haven't written anything in a week. Too busy recovering from a compound fracture. That sounds a lot like a compound fraction, but it isn't. It's even worse.
[...]
Friday: More spiders. They keep getting in somehow. The flies in the living room are probably attracting them. I should probably get rid of that sofa I picked up.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

AG wasn't working and now I am out of time :'(. I might as well enter anyway...

1. The book of Melancholy itself. It is just depressing and nobody is going to read it... And if they do, they will be sad. Anyway, what's more melancholic than a ton of other melancholy concentrated into a single book?
2. Existence. What's the point? It will all end. Everything is inevitable. And sad.
3. Life. Nothing you do will matter because you will die and then nothing. It doesn't matter if people remember you (especially since they will die too) because you are dead and once that happens, nothing matters.
4. This post. It is stupid and it's making me sad. Why am I bothering? I am out of time anyway. I might as well give up now... Why is this number 4 anyway?
5. Ganticness. It is just depressing. Everything about it is making me sad.
6. These numbers. There too many and it is depressing and why 10? why not another number? If things had happened differently in the past then our numerical system might be based on something else. Like 9. Then I would have less to do. Maybe it's because we have 10 fingers and 10 toes.
7. Having to do things. Things are depressing and saddening.
8. Other people being happy. Them being happy makes me sad and then I think that it might be better if they weren't happy, then I feel sad because that is a mean thing to think.
9. Me. I think sad things and my stupid brain (or lack thereof) makes it worse.
10. Loneliness. When I am lonely I am sad. I am often lonely. Being alone allows me to think and my thoughts are just depressing so shouldn't be thought.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

So, here's the thing: while two people made the deadline and three people submitted, only one Gantestant actually earned any points.

The other two submissions had too many rhetorical questions, too frenetic, too crotchety, and/or too far down the spectrum.

With that, we jump into the

FINAL ROUND
The FINAL ROUND is a writing round featuring Season 1's Winner vs Season 2's Runner-up, since MattEmAngel can't play Flash games.

You have a choice between these two prompts:

1 - Stripped
Describe a tree without using any adjectives or adverbs.

2 - Euphonic
Write a beautiful-sounding sentence that isn't nonsense.

You have one day to flip and choose the prompt and one week to submit your entry.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Matt, I think he wants you to declare a coin face before flipping, like so:

I also call Stripped.
Tails: Stripped = Heads

COIN RESULTS
Stripped
Heads
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Well, if you both want the same thing, there's no point to flipping.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

A tree.
The branches branch; the boughs bow.
The flower flowers and fruits fruit.
It eats of air. It drinks of ground.
Intake, fixate, transport, compound.
The roots anchor. The shoots ascend.
Winter comes. The leaves take leave.
The wood retains. Its life remains.