ForumsThe TavernSound of armorgames logo = earbreaker

3 4165
hapower
hapower
2 posts
Shepherd

Hi,

Sorry for the average english.
Just wanted to say that I find the sound (the one of swords with armogames's logo before games) is terrible for ears (with headphones). I think this since years and always make sure to have my sound to 5/10% before launching a game here.
Yesterday I made the big mistake to launch a game on this site with the sound pretty high (considering this awful sound). And this fking sound literally ruined my ears. Today, and for probably some days, I have to put a paper in my ear to calm this sensibility. No chance that this is an other sound which caused this.

Of course it wont be changed since this is probably an original mark of armorgames + nobody care about this message but it's bad for ears and this is the only point why I hate this site + curse this sound every time I have to hear it. Not waiting any answer.

• 3 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Hey,

You will perhaps feel comforted in knowing that you are not the first to complain about the sound of the logo. However, as you noted, this is not something that will be changed in the foreseeable future, if ever, as far as I know.

In case you see this, I do have two tips for you to avoid this happening in the future.

- If you are using Firefox, there is an option to mute a single tab. So you can mute the tab with the game without having to constantly regulate the main sound of your computer. The last user who complained about the sound didn't want to shut off the main speakers because he was listening to something else on a different tab/window; for such cases this option comes in really handy. I am reasonably sure that there should be equivalent options in other browsers too.

- The sound is loud, but not that loud. If you had the volume of your speakers so high that playing the intro damaged your hearing, even if temporarily, I suspect you must have had the main volume set way too high to begin with. Having it constantly at a very high level, especially when listening with headphones, is not very good for your ears on the long run and I advise you to set it a little lower from now on.

I hope your hearing gets better, and thank you for the feedback.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You can do the mute option with Google Chrome as well.

hapower
hapower
2 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the answers/tips/myhearing.
I know about them but not resolving the problem. I'm not the type which put sound too loud :-v
This is logical that there is more that one complaint when there is a problem.
My hearing is better after those 1/2 days in silence.
Until the next complaint of another one ! Maybe we will win a battle against this cursed sound one day. Not sure. At all. But in this case me and the nothappywiththissound's army will curse it forever :v
Goodbye :v

Showing 1-3 of 3