ForumsForum GamesCount to 500 II: 500 Miles to the Temple

418 100492
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Hello and welcome back! After a while (and me getting distracted), I have finally started the sequel to the original count to 500. Please read the rules and have fun... If you want to. It isn't in the rules.

In this game players must use dice to count to 500 by doing the following

1. State the current number which the count has reached
2. Roll 1d20
3. Flip 1 coin

Counting works as follows

The count starts at zero and resets upon completion of a count. You add the number on the 1d20 but, if the coin comes up as tails, divide the roll by 2 (rounding up) and take the resulting number away from the count. Mods and admins (if they ever join) always take away a full d20 and therefore don't have to flip a coin. The count can become negative and if it ever reaches -250, the mods and admins win, even if they haven't contributed. Any post that doesn't count or makes a mistake instantly removes 20 from the count (or adds twenty if it's a mod or admin). Missing the current count is a mistake (but if you still add to the count, the addition or subtraction counts as well as the penalty). Back to back (p1, p2, p1, p2, like in count to 100) counts as a mistake as well as double posting. B2b still counts, even if a mistake has been made in between viable posts. B2b only doesn't count if there is a reset. Double posting is allowed if it is to repeat a roll of flip which didn't work (because it contained invalid punctuation, for example).

Reaching 500 results in a win.

Players may name their rolls in any way (as long as it is not intentionally offensive).

A new addition to this game is that players must also count their personal scores with every post. This will be the players total contribution to their side in the game. At the end of each round, the totals shall be used to update a leaderboard. These totals are for all games and will not reset upon starting a new count.

Now, great players, you have started a great quest and must journey across the land of Armoria to find the legendary temple of the God of dice, Psuedo-rand, and his counterpart and wife in the other-realm, Flipper, Goddess of coins. This daunting task is harder than it may seem already as the defenders of the Temple are trying to stop you, misleading you in one way or another to send you the wrong way or hold you back. You must see through their tricks and reach the Temple.

Five_hundred = 5Miles_to_go = Tails

DICE RESULTS
5 = Five_hundred
COIN RESULTS
Miles_to_go
Tails
  • 418 Replies
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

471. Can we make that final sprint past them and to 500?

Yes = 6
Please = Tails

DICE RESULTS
6 = Yes
COIN RESULTS
Please
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

468. Hopefully, we can.

PS: 279

1d20=5Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
5 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

473. Final sprint... *ughhhhhh gotta make itttt...*

RunAsFast = 4
AsYouCan = Heads

DICE RESULTS
4 = RunAsFast
COIN RESULTS
AsYouCan
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

477. *a floating, necromancer Giant Head appears, along with a Giant Dice, which will try to crush us* GOOD IDEA, MAN! GOOD IDEA! LET'S RUN! FORGET THEM! *tries to run past them, but is taken down to another of the Giant Tails's attack, right before being hit by Giant Head's spell* ouch... *tries to get up and run more* We were attacked by both Giant Tails and Heads!

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'D RATHER NOT BE ATTACKED BY GIANT DICE'S CRUSHING ATTACK! AHHHHH! 1d20=13 Coin Flip = Tails

Personal Score: +645 -> +638

DICE RESULTS
13 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

470. Ouch! You just got crushed by the dice! Here, let me help you up...

*gives ap a hand to stay up again, then grabs him by the arm and flings him back down the path*

You'll be safe down there. No need to thank me! :P

1d20=2

DICE RESULTS
2 = 1d20
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

468. Don't worry, I'll run right past you and push you backwards!

PushThe = 16
ModsBackwards = Tails

Whoops I slipped before reaching you

DICE RESULTS
16 = PushThe
COIN RESULTS
ModsBackwards
Tails
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

460. That's alright. The pavements are quite polished from all the people who tried to desecrate the temple; with the ambient humidity, it becomes very slippery indeed.
I'll just take a nap. Wake me up when you're near again :P

1d20=11

DICE RESULTS
11 = 1d20
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

449. okay, I'll stop running, I'll walk instead *gets Slowness debuff from the Gaint Head attack* oh no... 1d20=14 Coin Flip = Tails

Personal Score: +638 -> +631

DICE RESULTS
14 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

437. But Giant Head, I thought you would give us abundant heads! *gasp* IT HAS A TAIL!!! SLAP IT!!!!

SlapThatTail = 3
AsHardAsYouCan = Heads

Oh finally some heads!

DICE RESULTS
3 = SlapThatTail
COIN RESULTS
AsHardAsYouCan
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

440. Slap it with the coins!

PS: 284

1d20=17Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
17 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

453. *gets crushed by Giant Dice*... *Giant Dice jumps out of me after a few seconds*
eugh! I don't want to be hit by that thing again! I wonder if his attack will cause Dice to roll bigger numbers ThrowsDiceInGiantDice = 15 Coin Flip = Tails

Personal Score: +631 -> +623

DICE RESULTS
15 = ThrowsDiceInGiantDice
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

445. Yes, the dice roll bigger numbers, but the coin will be tails!

WeMustGo = 1
InBabyStepsForward = Tails

Well at least this post wasn't harmful

DICE RESULTS
1 = WeMustGo
COIN RESULTS
InBabyStepsForward
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

441. Maybe we need a distraction... Throw baby sized steps at them!

PS: 301

1d20=14Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
14 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

455. I'll try to get the Giant Tails to attack me, then, I will hit it with my Icy-Shadow Blade. Maybe if we hurt it, we'll have fewer Tails? *blocks Giant Tails's path by putting Icy-Shadow Blade in front of it* 1d20=6 Coin Flip = Tails

Personal Score: +623 -> +620

edit: really? -_-

DICE RESULTS
6 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

461. Throw rocks at it!