ForumsForum GamesI dunno a title for this but it's basically alternate history

150 38541
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Hello. This is a game about Alternate history. the game starts at 1700 AD.

Every one of my posts is 1 year.

You can choose to join England, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, or Prussia.

There can be multiple people in the same country

You are not from the future. The tech is 1700 tech. However, you can make advances on said 1700 tech, then advances on that. Only one Advance per turn. No double posting. There is an edit button.
The first person to apply for one country is that said country's leader.

Year:1700
Wars:None
England:
France:
Spain:
Netherlands:
Austria:
Prussia:

This is not an RPG. You do not have to put a card down. That's my job.

• 150 Replies
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1706
Wars:Anglo-Spanish War
Alliances: Prusso-Spanish alliance, Anglo-Dutch alliance
England: shaefaet (King)
France: Last4Skull (King)
Spain: HahiHa (King), mamibo (Prime Minister)
Netherlands: armorplayergc (King)
Austria: Razorlash (King), Alp_Ehni
Prussia:

I contact Netherlands asking for backup against Spain in-case of any retaliation and arm few of my men to travel across the ocean and deploy an attack on the Spanish Borderlines and their Military post in that city.

You send a letter to the Netherlands (armorplayergc) proposing an alliance. They accept!

Try refreshing the page using F5?
I send one letter to Prussia to accept the temporary alliance, and one to France, thanking the King for the food but deploring the lack of military support: "opening a third front against England could win us the war and bring peace about".
I grant mamibo the post of Prime Minister. A civil war is the last thing I want.

The Prusso-Spanish alliance is created! France (Last4Skull) receives your letter.

Using the resourses and militia I had prepared for the revolution and the talent of my best commanders I fortify the sea borders with ease. My newly created team of war engineers are working on a prototype of an Automatic Resin Crosbow to shoot flaming arrows at boats and infantry. The people of our country are ready for anything. "Finaly we have a head and a voice! Finaly the good King hears us!" - wrote a contemporary Spanish philosopher.

Spain is fortified from English and Dutch navy. Also, your invention makes the Spanish navy the most technologically advanced navy in the world.

I'll help England in the war against Spain, and I send France a letter asking to help us against Spain attacking by land.

The Anglo-Dutch alliance is formed! France doesn't accept as they are helping Spain by sending supplies.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

"Your Majesty! With the growing hazard from the Anglo-Dutch side I ask thee to increase the financial support of my bright engineers. We have alredy prooven their exceptionate efficiency. They are currently working on the prototype of a copper Infantry Trap, made of springs and sharp blades, cheap and easy to produce. A "surprise" like that would surely hold back their infantry!
We require 250 silver {18-th century spanish currency?} a month.
For the glory of the Spanish Democrasy!
Long live Your Majesty The King"

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Prime Minister, I am very happy to see the results of your previous efforts, and will grant you 500 silver a month to deploy a sufficient amount of those traps on all the strategic points. May I also suggest investigating the utility of better muskets for our ground troops?

Meanwhile I send some recruiters in France and Austria to gather together a small army of mercenaries willing to fight, and send a letter to Luxembourg (was it the Habsburg ruling it at the time?) to ask for permission to place a garrison on the limits of their territory, close to Netherlands, with my promise that Spain will not attack Luxembourg.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

I'm thinking of increasing protection technology like some fire ignition research and I share my discovery with my Allies, The idea is to reduce the lethal aspect of the actual war and helps to end it !

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1706
Prussia:

"Your Majesty! With the growing hazard from the Anglo-Dutch side I ask thee to increase the financial support of my bright engineers. We have alredy prooven their exceptionate efficiency. They are currently working on the prototype of a copper Infantry Trap, made of springs and sharp blades, cheap and easy to produce. A "surprise" like that would surely hold back their infantry!
We require 250 silver {18-th century spanish currency?} a month.
For the glory of the Spanish Democrasy!
Long live Your Majesty The King"
Prime Minister, I am very happy to see the results of your previous efforts, and will grant you 500 silver a month to deploy a sufficient amount of those traps on all the strategic points. May I also suggest investigating the utility of better muskets for our ground troops?

mamibo's men make a deadly trap out of springs and sharp blades. It is put into play in the battlefield and Spain is able to take back the Gibraltar.

Meanwhile I send some recruiters in France and Austria to gather together a small army of mercenaries willing to fight, and send a letter to Luxembourg (was it the Habsburg ruling it at the time?) to ask for permission to place a garrison on the limits of their territory, close to Netherlands, with my promise that Spain will not attack Luxembourg.

You gather some French mercenaries, however none of the Austrians want to get in this war. Meanwhile, in Luxembourg, they agree as Austria has Belgium and both Austria and Luxembourg are in the HRE so Luxembourgish men can pass through Belgium to fight in The Netherlands. Also, yes Austria was Habsburgs at the time.

I'm thinking of increasing protection technology like some fire ignition research and I share my discovery with my Allies, The idea is to reduce the lethal aspect of the actual war and helps to end it !

That will take another year to develop, but when you complete it, the plan is to share it with your Allies. Also, Spain is requesting Military help along with supplies.

Looks interesting. I believe I'll join and side with the war-torn Prussians.

You are now the King of Prussia. You are at war with England and are allied with Spain. What shall you do?

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1707
Prussia: MattEmAngel (King)

Ah crap. I take inventory of my available number of soldiers, vehicles, and weapons (flintlock stuff, I think).

BLOOD UND IRON Prussia manages to fend off the English Invaders.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

{Gentlemen, why don't we ban gunpowder just for fun? To turn history into something completely different in the long run?}
{Moreover, the only flaw of this game currently is the small scale. We need a Russia, a bunch of eastern countries, America to make this more realistic, perhaps? But that is only an idea, it's for history to decide.}

"We are sorry to tell you, but our research of black gunpowder failed miserably. However, we have already developed a portable, lightweight and easy to use auto-crossbow model which is soon to be introduced on the frontline. The people, are ready to keep on fighting! First, it's Gibraltar, then the whole Europe, and then, one day, you shall be Emperor!
Long live Your Majesty The King!"

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

Just posting for ending research and finally share it with my allies!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Prime Minister! I sincerely hope that a failure like this shall not happen again, or I might reconsider the amount of financial support given to you. However, I am very pleased by the advances in your crossbow research and hope it will soon be ready for our troops. Nothing will be able to resist our armies! Huzzah!

PS. Oh right, Gibraltar is still besieged by the Britons? Yeah, let's deal with that once the crossbows are done.

I send the French mercenaries to the location agreed with Luxembourg, ready to strike Netherlands at my command.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

I'm thinking of invest time on agriculture , leave the mono culture behind me and start to permaculture , that should be product better food and better rentability with less terrain size.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

"Treason! An assasin has wounded me! Stabbed me with a dagger and vanished in the crowd! A spy?..
I will be working on counter-intelligence means with my tactitians and generals. If an assasins' war is to break out, I, the great-grandson of the fabled Nicollo Machiavelli, will know exactly what to do! Blood for Blood! For the Greatness of Spain and Your Majesty The King!

It looks like France is showing pacifist tendencies. Like a jackal it watches the others fight, waiting for a moment to strike and win itself an empire. We should continue receiving their assistance, but we should not lie to ourselves. If it stands in our way, (I sincerely hope it doesn't!) - we crush it.

I suspect that enemy intelligence officers are spying on our correspondence, so take care.

P.S. We'll do something about guns within the next year."

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I send most of my army to fight against the French mercenaries at our frontiers with Luxembourg, while sending a small part of my army to attack France. I also ask England for a loan, because war is expensive.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I sure hope you're well. I'll have the security in the palace strengthened with trustworthy men.

It looks like France is showing pacifist tendencies. Like a jackal it watches the others fight, waiting for a moment to strike and win itself an empire. We should continue receiving their assistance, but we should not lie to ourselves. If it stands in our way, (I sincerely hope it doesn't!) - we crush it.

For now, France is our ally and has no need to fear any treason on our part. However, I hope you put some of those traps also on the frontier to France; being allied with the French does not mean we should keep that border unprotected.

I send most of my army to fight against the French mercenaries at our frontiers with Luxembourg, while sending a small part of my army to attack France. I also ask England for a loan, because war is expensive.

You... you send a raid into Habsburg territory? Gee, I wonder how they'd like that
Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

@mamibo I don't like war at all , so be sure i will never plan to attack spain as they seem to act in favor of war ends too . Investing time on wall and traps for countering any invaders and
again i negociate with England for end of conflict.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

{Let me explain, dude. I am playing as a war-crazed revolutioner. Although I am not planing conflicts with you (neither is my King), I have plans for world domination. The traps are a gruesome instrument of terror more than means of protection. Like, wandering into our lands means inevitable death and stuff.
In other words, there shall be no peace but in the Spanish Empire.}

Edit: {That is, as long as I'm alive...}

Showing 31-45 of 150