ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] Flash is just borken for me

5 3021
Assassin1
Assassin1
4 posts
Peasant

When i try to play a flash game or any other flash related product, the thing is.

Couldn't load plugin

(I'm currently using opera)

I have the newest flash installed
The plugin is enabled
The problem is the same for other browsers.

• 5 Replies
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @assassin1,

Sorry that you are having problems. You mentioned this happens on other browsers, so it may be another program or some popups that you have enabled off the top of my head.

Are you using any virus scanners that also have settings to help secure your system while you browse on the internet? Have you tried private window or incognito type browsing to see if you can get the game frames to load? Lastly what flash version and OS are you using?

Thanks.

-RP

Assassin1
Assassin1
4 posts
Peasant

@RavePenguin

I don't have any anti virus, firewall is off.

It still complains about flash player on a private window, either right click to play adobe flash (adobe flash is faded out) or couldn't load plugin.

Flash is 23.0

And because i have a really old pc, i'm using WinXP SP3

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Assassin1,

You mentioned this is happening across all browsers otherwise I'd say that this sounds close to the problem you are having, Flash PPAPI plugin 23.0.0.162 doesn't work in Opera and Chromium Again this bug shouldn't impact ActiveX Control (for IE) and NPAPI (for Firefox).

Regrettably, I don't have access to a system with Win XP handy to do some testing. When Microsoft discontinued its own support, I upgraded my backup rig to another OS. Maybe someone else in the community also has Win XP SP3, and can chime in here with tips if they had this happen and found a solution.

Some new questions to help me better understand what may be happening. Did you recently update Flash Player, or has this been working okay after the update and this is a new change when you visited our site?

In FireFox can you type this into the address bar about:addons and check if the Shockwave Player is set to "Never Activate." You can change that to Ask to Activate for testing.

Also, can you confirm if you have tried running your browsers as an administrator and you are still getting the grayed out option when you attempt to enable the player?

Thanks for the extra information.

-RP

Assassin1
Assassin1
4 posts
Peasant

@RavePenguin

I've checked out the link in your reply and i downgraded flash from 23 to 22 and now it works, games load and other flash related things.

Thank you

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Assassin1,

Thanks for the update! That's a pretty odd case that it was impacting every browser, but whatever the cause, I'm happy to hear that you are all set.

-RP

Showing 1-5 of 5