ForumsNews and Feedback[Suggestions] ArmorGames Companions, Challenges, Battle system, others

9 6350
Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

Hello. I made this topic to suggest a HTML5 battle system integrated in the website itself. I got this idea from a talk we had with Druhan and Hungerpains on Oct 31, 10PM (Eastern European Time Zone)

We talked about what could make AG a livelier place. We tried to come up with suggestions that could be enjoyable by users of this website and also beneficial for the authorities.

The battle system would consist of companions[1], challenging other players[2], and leveling up companions through challenges or quests. There would be a set of companions like Armatars for new accounts, and there would be more usable companions when you gained enough quests to rank up. It would be based on the AG ranking system that already exists, like Farmers, Shepherds, Peasants, etc.

[1] Companions
I'm well aware that this companion system is similar to Kongregate's "Kongpanions," however, Kongregate didn't do a very good job with it. There's only a game that's very dulling, abused by people, and Kongpanions barely play any part in it.

However the companions on AG would play a big part. It would attract people, and make the website more interesting for users that already come here.

The companions also would be animals, fictional figures such as knights and mages, or, anything. What would be more fun? PLAYERS submitting their own companions! But of course they'd need to be approved of first. Which means, more work. They would level up with quests and challenges.

There also could be exclusive companions, ones that you get from holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. Or valuable companions awarded by authorities if you'd like, but that is not quite necessary. That would give an energy rush to players, though.

Companions also could evolve into different forms after leveling up, or be traded for another companion with your friend. Nothing like nostalgia!

[2] Challenges
Challenges are an essential part to this Companions system. It would be a waste to draw and implement all those creatures if we were unable to challenge people.

Companions would level up and get EXP from challenging another companion into battle. They would be given 4 skills, strength defined by their level. After leveling up we'd get a skill point or two, and use it for some classic stats such as attack, defense, speed. What's good about challenges? Socializing!

If I challenged my friend, they would get a message saying that I challenged them. They could accept or reject me. We would only be able to challenge people that are online at the moment. But there'd be an option in the settings menu which allows others to challenge me even when I'm offline, and engage into an AI battle.

I'm not going to list pros and cons of this idea, since it's better to debate.
However, I think it's a good idea to get more returning traffic. As for advertising this, Reddit would be a good place to do that, since they have a category for web games.

I'd like to add that adding this "companions system" will increase the userbase and revenue. It could be a huge boost based on how well the authorities execute it.

Example companions
Popular creatures from myths such as werewolves and vampires could be used as companions. I believe companions should not look terrifying, but in fact friendly.

Slothbat (credit: Hungerpains)
A lazy bat with tiny wings and a big belly. He is very lazy and has bad hygiene, causing his bad breath to be toxic. This means the Slothbat companion will have skills based on poisonous attacks.

Mico (credit: Utini)
A friendly ghost that protects children from monsters under their bed.

Others
Aside from this suggestion I'd also like to list some bugs I've come across the ArmorGames chat.

• On Chromium, no add-ons enabled, sometimes my messages don't send, they just disappear into oblivion.

Sometimes chat scrolls up automatically when there's a new message, refreshing solves this issue.

On Chromium, no add-ons enabled, I don't receive private messages. This problem cannot be solved by refreshing, but I receive all messages I haven't received when I hide and show the chat with the "Hide Chat" button.

• 9 Replies
hungerpains
hungerpains
10 posts
Shepherd

Well said, first of all. The idea of having a pet or "companion" for player-battles is a great way to boost interactivity with players and the site. It motivates them to play/explore the site more, since they can improve their character upon doing so. Upon implementation, it would be not only cost-free, but fairly simple to get the word out through various social platforms..We could garner enough attention a month/15-days before it happens for a big debut. Cosmetic changes could be made to your pet through completing offers or visiting advertisers; since it doesn't effect statistics, it is completely optional therefore unobtrusive to players.
There have been several models in the past that we all can learn from, and make a streamlined system that players can really delve into. I think this is a fantastic idea. Not only would the implementation of a "companion battle system" bring in new players and produce more ad-revenue, it would create a very loyal base of users, making ArmorGames even more well known than it is today.

AClSllXVlll
AClSllXVlll
741 posts
Blacksmith

I'm all for giving a project like this my support. I feel that there would have to be a large discussion in the user base for the design of the game, so that everyone could be happy with the end-result. Perhaps there should be an idea for more co-operative and social game play? Something that involves communication, maybe teamwork.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

It can be interesting ^^, maybe a trading system can be cool too with some collectibles

And totally agree with AC, they are plenty competitive games what about co-operating one too ?
More based on Unity values than individual one ^^ a game who can lead people to play together is better than a (I pwn You game) atleast it's my opinion

But really a game like this would be a great addition to the community ^^.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Let's see what the authorities have to say about it. The idea sounds good to me.

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

@Last4Skull @AClSlXVlll There could be a team game system, true. Like the one in Shellshock Live 2. There can be team battles where you can invite friends who you have added, or random people. That's actually a very good idea.

@mamibo some of them liked the idea just like the users but still, it's up to the admins

Kawesome145
Kawesome145
1 posts
Nomad

That's very awesome better than I could have don

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You could try bringing this up directly to them, they aren't always on the Forums.

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

@nichodemus I wanted to show it to people

druhan
druhan
4 posts
Shepherd

This should become a thing.

Showing 1-9 of 9