ForumsWEPR500 & 1000 Notes Banned!

3 8280
Ankur7
Ankur7
48 posts
Shepherd

Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shree Narendra Modi has Banned 500 and 1000 notes in India, For eliminating Black Money! Only notes of 100, 25, 10, 5, 50, etc. Can Be used in India. Also, a New Note of 2000 has been Made for using. The new '2000' note is Pink in colour and can be Washed off (colour) when washing The note. What do you think, is it a Good Idea? or A Bad one? Do you Think Modi Should Take this Back? Do you Think Modi is Regretting This?

• 3 Replies
Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

I hear a rumor about that Ankur, like they want to suppress real money for virtual ones, if they achieve it they can control all the economy because we can't do hidden transaction, like all things need to be writed on computer it has some minor advantage but it's another part of liberty they want to take on us..

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Do you think this can turn into a big discussion here, @Ankur7? BTW, I am supporting the move.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shree Narendra Modi has Banned 500 and 1000 notes in India, For eliminating Black Money! Only notes of 100, 25, 10, 5, 50, etc. Can Be used in India.

This might relocate illegal trading from payments with paper money to virtual credits. Not sure it will stop it.

Also, a New Note of 2000 has been Made for using.

Why? Isn't it completely contradictory to ban 500 and 1000 notes, but make a new 2000 note? If anything, you'll only make big deals easier.

The new '2000' note is Pink in colour and can be Washed off (colour) when washing The note.

... why? o.0 What is the official reasoning behind this? I don't see what that could be good for...

I mean, "black" money is not literally black, so is making the notes a washable pink just a bad joke?

NB: This is the first time I hear about this, and I have no idea how the note system, security, controls and all that work in India, so maybe there is a reason for that... I just don't see any?
Showing 1-3 of 3