ForumsSupport ForumNewbie Board

55 8454
xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

I was just wondering if armorgames should have a newbie board on the forums so new users could introduce themselves and be known around the community? Just wondering, sorry if this has already been suggested before, but this way, newbies wouldn't feel left out. What do you think? Yay or Nay?

• 55 Replies
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

That would be good for the bottom of the front page especially!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Actually I think that is a fantastic idea. It could have a lot of beneficial features to it that would include stickies, welcome topics, "newbie" questions, etc.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Yay! I am so glad someone finally brought this idea up! I say definite Yay!

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I say YAY! As long as the forum is 0 AP. Well, it should only be 0 if the point of the forum is to introduse yourself. If it's for serious questions, then it could differ, but overll, great idea!

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I say Yay, that's a brilliant idea.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

mm agreed. 0 ap would do nicely. Would show who would help others for the points, or for the joy of helping a noob!

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

Thats a great idea. Maybe a place for new members to make friends, too?

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Wow, I never thought it would be all good, I like this idea as well.

Sincerely,

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/sandadesigns/tetimarucopy.png

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Well if we did happen to do this, we'd need a mod for the board!
*volunteers in an epic fashion*

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

We have plenty of moderators. The board would just be at the top of the forum page.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

There should be a place for existing members to introduce themselves to newbies.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

The moderating wouldn't take much, it would be just like all the other boards. We would need the members to express their knowledge of the site to help out the newbies.

Everyone is allowed to help out.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

aw cmon ash, please? *prepares for ginormous hug*

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

No, existing members can post on the newbie topics. No points though, I would like to be a moderator of the newbie board as well, but like Asherlee said, the current moderators can take care of it...*sigh*

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

I'll be the first one to do that! I suggested this topic because I have been to a forum website where they have this kind of board. Frankly, I think it works out well.

Showing 1-15 of 55