ForumsGamesMobile games are so awful, their leftover awfulness went to web games

1 2622
BartHunter
BartHunter
9 posts
Nomad

I hate mobile games so god **** much. These phones now are as powerful as xbox 360's, yet the games are simplistic garbage designed to annoy you until you fork over more and more cash. When this first started, I always wondered why web games can afford to be free but mobile games, even ones you pay for, need to suck you dry.

Then, actual full charge console games began doing micro transactions and the same tired sale tactics as them.

Finally, web games. So many of my favorite series have become awful. Its almost funny.

• 1 Reply
Stratygizer
Stratygizer
38 posts
Blacksmith

The mobile market works in a very scummy way, if one person makes a successful game, everyone rips it off and markets it as something new, complete with fake reviews and overwhelming ads. Sometimes the ripoff gets more popular than the original, like we see with developers like King etc.
The worst part is the consumer doesn't even know they're playing a rip-off, I don't blame them, it's almost impossible to distinguish what came first and what didn't.
We also see this in the console and PC markets, massive developers like Ubisoft and EA fill their game with paid DLC, this gets them some hate but lots of profit, and the company only cares about profit. Honest developers that communicate with their fans, don't add DLC, make cheap games etc. are often praised yet they don't get much sales, there are some exceptions such as Undertale of course.
And about flash games, it's basically the same thing, developers get greedy and only care about cash.

Showing 1-1 of 1