ForumsForum GamesModern Day: War and Peace

101 31189
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Hello, and welcome to my second real life nation scenario forum game! This time with an actual name XD. But,(as you can see from the title) this time, its not alternate history, but instead present day/possible future!

You can choose to join UK, France, USA, Russia, Germany, India, or China. There can be multiple people in the same country. The first person to apply for one country is that said country's leader. The others that join the same country will have to specify their role in the government. The tech is today's tech. However, you can make advances on said tech, then advances on that. Only one Advance per turn. No double posting. There is an edit button.

Month/Year:March 2017
Wars: ISIS invasion of Syria, Kurdistan, and Iraq; Ukranian Civil War
Alliances: North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Collective Security Treaty Organization, Peninsula State Force
UK:
France:
USA:
Russia:
Germany:
India:
China:

I will tell you the situation you are in when you choose a country.

Again, This is not an RPG. You do not have to put a card down. That's my job.

• 101 Replies
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

President Mambino

It's Vladimir Putin. XD

Thank you, I shall take it into consideration.

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

We are greatly amazed by the news of Russia! As the Queen, I'd like to write a congratulations letter to Vladimir Putin. Our Royal Advisor also sends his great regards.

"Dear Putey... congrats darling. The spaceships, my god, just wow. I mean if I were you I'd not be SO ready to embrace this new side, but you know, you do you sweetheart. If you were to partner with us, we could discover a many great things together. Shall you need help with conquering Ukraine, for *now,* I may offer aid along with France. What the world needs right now is more togetherness and less solitude. Loves, The UK [Branded by the Queen]"

The UK's discoveries were indeed great this year. All things aside, the Queen declares that we're doing everything for the sake of advancing humanity. We are doing this for everybody's good, and to grow further. We hold no evil intent with our technology, as sinister as it may seem.

thorsbear
thorsbear
5 posts
Nomad

For India the once desolate country shall now be under my rule (I join India)

AClSllXVlll
AClSllXVlll
741 posts
Blacksmith

The Leader, aka the Dalai Lama says that the Tibetans will stay in China if, and only if, Tibet will be a autonomous region.

To the Dalai Lama:
I will allow autonomy of Tibet if, and only if, Tibet continue to pay taxes to China and works under supervision of the Chinese government. Tibet will also fight for China in any war if called upon to do so. In return, the Tibetan government may enact any policies deemed acceptable and govern the country as they please. They will also receive aid and support towards whatever issue that may arise within their autonomy.
This offer is non-negotiable.

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

how to say this...
should i just say "I join Germany"?
"As general"? I don't know.
how to say...

whatever

or I could become the king of the UK... i'm fine with either position

I'll let @will3, @Saiyoku, and @armorplayergc decide

I can't on my own

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

Soldiers have stop fighting and are now waiting for new orders, Mr. President!
I'm on my way to Moscow. Wow, the Hero of Russia reward, such an honour!

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Month/Year: August 2017
Wars: ISIS invasion of Syria, Kurdistan, and Iraq; Ukranian Civil War
Alliances: NATO, CSTO, PSF
UK: @Saiyoku (Queen), @Boofuss (Royal Advisor), @Angelnewbie (Relative of the Queen)
France: @bensonbeagle (President)
USA: @The_Marine (President)
Russia: @mamibo (President), @kalisenpai (General Kalinov)
Germany: @armorplayergc (President), @Muffin1634 (General)
India: @thorsbear (President)
China: @AClSllXVlll (Emperor), @K4R45U (General), @hungerpains (Strategic Advisor Dr. Hungerpains)
Prison:

I create a social program to help the refugees getting a job in Germany, as a way to reduce the unemployment and boost our country's manpower slightly

Manpower increases! Unemployment decreases!

The aliens are gone, now it's just us and this mysterious piece of dreamy technology. We must thoroughly study it before setting out to use it.
What does the door-thing have written on it? "Here go through"... **** this universal translator!
*scientists begin studying ship*

You now know how to replicate the spaceship and use it for any desire you may have!

General Kalinov! Suspend attack on border until the end of the meeting.
Also, you just have the time to go back to Moscow and receive the Hero of Russia reward for your brilliant success in Greece.

Yes! restoration of democracy in Greece! The soldiers are now very ready to attack, but they have been delayed for Kalinov to get her "Hero of Russia" Award

President Putin, if you are to continue with the attack on the Ukraine, I will send backup troops to aid your mission. If required please notify me immediately.

We are greatly amazed by the news of Russia! As the Queen, I'd like to write a congratulations letter to Vladimir Putin. Our Royal Advisor also sends his great regards.
"Dear Putey... congrats darling. The spaceships, my god, just wow. I mean if I were you I'd not be SO ready to embrace this new side, but you know, you do you sweetheart. If you were to partner with us, we could discover a many great things together. Shall you need help with conquering Ukraine, for *now,* I may offer aid along with France. What the world needs right now is more togetherness and less solitude. Loves, The UK [Branded by the Queen]"
The UK's discoveries were indeed great this year. All things aside, the Queen declares that we're doing everything for the sake of advancing humanity. We are doing this for everybody's good, and to grow further. We hold no evil intent with our technology, as sinister as it may seem.

You both send volunteer troops to the front-line, food and water to the troops already there, and moral support!

For India the once desolate country shall now be under my rule

You are now the leader of India, what will you do?

I will allow autonomy of Tibet if, and only if, Tibet continue to pay taxes to China and works under supervision of the Chinese government. Tibet will also fight for China in any war if called upon to do so. In return, the Tibetan government may enact any policies deemed acceptable and govern the country as they please. They will also receive aid and support towards whatever issue that may arise within their autonomy.
This offer is non-negotiable.

An autonomous region is part of the country that is supervised, however the Tibetans agree that being a colony-like puppet state would be better for both sides. They Agree to your terms.

how to say this...
should i just say "I join Germany"?
"As general"? I don't know.
how to say...
whatever
or I could become the king of the UK... i'm fine with either position
I'll let @will3, @Saiyoku, and @armorplayergc decide
I can't on my own

Since the Queen (@Saioku) did not allow you to be the King, You will be The General of Germany.

Maps are coming next post!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

General Muffin, prepare our army to help Russia, France and the UK in the war in Ukraine! After we're done with that, Ukraine shall be a peaceful country once again!

I will join the UK in their technological researches. I wonder what would happen if we let Russia join the EU, and then, all the EU countries work together in those technological researches

thorsbear
thorsbear
5 posts
Nomad

India begins work on a carbon fiber woven
titanium heat resistant metal

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

Your Majesty, I would strongly suggest maintaining a friendly, in the loop, information sharing, alliance with Germany and our other allies. They are, after all, friends. We do so need to keep people on side, as it were.

bensonbeagle
bensonbeagle
42 posts
Shepherd

Ooh boy, this is a long post.(sorry will :/) Due to our state of peace, and the fact that our army is already of a significant size, I would like to move some of the unneeded military budgeting to our research departments. Also, I would like to extend the hand of friendship and offer a alliance with the prospering countries of Russia and India, respectively. I envision this to be a wise move, and another step towards global unity. We shall continue to closely monitor progress in the Ukrainian war. In other news, we would like to request the alien technology recently acquired by one of the other EU nations, so we can analyze it and hope to perhaps find a way to reverse engineer it to the whole world's advantage. One last thing, please be aware that France is not interested in war or fighting. We will offer aid to our alliances, but we will not take kindly to threats.
Regards, President Bensonbeagle.
P.S. For the new metal you are trying to develop in India, I recommend Tungsten, it is very heat resistant naturally.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

We massively strike on Ukraine. Their leaders cound not expect the whole Europe to turn agains them. Two weeks later, a Russian flag is over the Kiev parlament house.

I hold a meeting of the new allies in the now russian Kiev. (Whoever can post after this post will be considered present at the meeting if they wish)

In short, my speach ammounts to honouring and thanking you all, asking to lift the sanctions and proposing to strike on the ISIS.

Also I express anxiety about America not taking part in world events.

Moreover, I propose, instead of accepting Russia into EU, create a new alliance, the Blue Planet, based on mutual trust, peace and space exploration.
I also stress that this step is very desirable if we are to share the blueprints of the Octo Spider space ship.

What do you say, glorious allies?

AClSllXVlll
AClSllXVlll
741 posts
Blacksmith

With the issue of Tibet now solved, I order the navy to attack the USA on the coast of California. The Americans are weak and I shall have the country for my own.

An autonomous region is part of the country that is supervised, however the Tibetans agree that being a colony-like puppet state would be better for both sides. They Agree to your terms.

(Well, gotta say I'm surprised that actually worked.)

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

We were rather impressed by India's latest space mission... For that, I will arrange a meeting with President @thorsbear to discuss our space-time warping and other technologies. He shall use this knowledge as he pleases.

As for Germany's offer..we greatly appreciate your help in joining research, but we need to put you on hold for now. It is an important decision. (refusal)

SomeRandomStickboy
SomeRandomStickboy
30 posts
Shepherd

I'll join is whole thing as a saboteur and man of espionage for hire, also a killer.

So basically a professional mercenary. Right now I'm hired by Sai, so she can use me at her disposal.

Showing 46-60 of 101