ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] Armorgames site automatically changing to an invalid page

19 7977
NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

I know the title sounds a bit weird but every time I go to the ArmorGames Forum and let the browser finish loading, the webpage automatically goes "Oops! We can't find that!" and the address changes from armorgames.com/community to armorgames.com/SG.
Is this a site problem or is it only an isolated problem that, unluckily, happens to me?
If you wanna ask how I finally got to post this, I simply cancelled the site from fully loading. Honestly, I can't always keep doing that since I can't see all the photos in a forum post (I really want to see the entries and probably even send one for the Armatar Making Contest)

• 19 Replies
NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Here's a screenshot btw
http://i.imgur.com/rNE2ol5.png
edit: fixed it

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The forums are loading fine for me, so either the problem's been fixed or it's just you.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello @NietzTheBlitz,

Did a quick look and without being able to see what version of Chrome you have I had a couple of ideas. First one is that armorgames.com/sg doesn't look to be a valid URL so if you have a bookmark, you may want to update your bookmark URL so that it's taking you to armorgames.com/community and not armorgames.com/sg. Alternatively, you can also delete the bookmark and make a new one for the forums.

Otherwise, my guesses are this is cache related or perhaps a feisty cookie that doesn't want to play nice anymore.

-RP

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

@Patrick2011
Well, now I know it's only an isolated problem

@RavePenguin
My bookmark's fine and just to make sure, I deleted all bookmarks and re-bookmarked them
It's hard to decide whether I should delete cache and cookies or not since... well, you all know what'll happen next xD

Sorry for the late reply

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello,

Drat, I had hoped it was just a bookmark. I'd start with cache first before cookies. Here is the link for Chrome, just in case you were looking for a refresher - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709.

-RP

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Hi, so I cleared the cache and hoped for the best, checked the forums and the problem's still here.
I got a bit curious and tried using Incognito Mode, it still happened...

So... What to do now? I still have some unfinished business in StrikeForce Kitties: Last Stand, A Ghostly Adventure and a bunch of other locally saved flash games but I also want to roam the forums and other non-game pages (yup, it now happens a lot in the quest page of the main website and the rankings page) without constantly cancelling the pages from loading...

I'm all this right now
https://pics.onsizzle.com/lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot-4776684.png

VinnieGRRR
VinnieGRRR
1 posts
Nomad

this is happening to me too. on bookmarked games. deleting cache/cookies/history doesnt do anything.

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

@VinnieGRRR
Really?! So there's really nothing we can do here? Oh Why?! DX

gain32
gain32
1 posts
Nomad

This is happening to me as well. Any other ideas for a fix?

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Hmmm... Judging from the other people who replied I guess the problem's happening specifically in the Philippines.

Got a question for the Admins, not sure if it's the right question tho. Is this some server problem between AG and the SEA region? If yes, will using a proxy somehow make it stop?

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey guys,

I've asked the team here and we are unable to replicate this nor are we seeing any errors for why you guys are being redirected. We'll need to try and track down some common causes for those of you having troubles before I can get the team looking into this further.

Can you all (@VinnieGRRR, @gain32 & @NietzTheBlitz) please reply back to us and let us know the exact version of your Chrome browser (if you are not sure you can look it up here: chrome://help/), and operating system? Please also include the list of your plugins and versions of the plugins. If you are not sure where to look this up you can open a new tab and enter chrome://plugins/ lastly in case this is a regional routing issue, what city and country are you playing from. Also what ISP do you guys use?

I'd like to also rule out browser issues, so can you please try loading the site using either IE or Edge browser and let us know if you can get to the site that way without the redirect.

If this isn't something you guys do regularly, do some scans on your computers to see if you have any malware or viruses.

Thanks everyone.

-RP

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

@RavePenguin
Chrome browser version:
56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

Operating System:
Windows 10 Home

Plugins:
Flash 25.0.r0
Version: 25.0.0.127

City and Country:
Tacloban City, Philippines

ISP:
Globe Telecom

Browser check:
Edge doesn't seem to recreate the problem (for now).

Virus scanning:
I regularly scan my laptop everyday for viruses, even when there was no recent activity.

Something to Note:
Our country has an array of Internet Cafes, usually most Filipinos play games there especially when they don't have any pc's. This might be a hurdle to your team as some internet cafes have different versions and different plugins, but nearly all internet cafes (just a measly 20 out of maybe tens of thousands of shops scattered over ~7000 islands) I've been in have Google Chrome as their main browser and Windows 7 as the Operating System. Also, there are some Internet cafes that regularly maintain each and every computer and there are also the "Scourge" that usually leaves their computers virus-filled and completely in bad shape.

My friend and I usually play in a specific internet cafe where they utilize Deep Freeze and have found no problem when playing there (I usually play the graphics-heavy game like SFH3 which lags so hard in my laptop). I speak for the two other users as they would probably take a long time to reply as they might be using internet cafes.

[Edit: For your privacy, I've removed the screen captures and listed the details instead. -RP]

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Also something to note:
The problem sometimes happen and sometimes it doesn't.
Right now, this thread loaded perfectly fine.
But a while ago, both StrikeForce KItty Last Stand and Dangerous Adventure 2 got redirected to the same invalid page.

grimGenocider
grimGenocider
1 posts
Nomad

Same for me as well, it happens then it doesn't after I try again at a later time

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hi @grimGenocider,

Thanks for chiming in here. If you have some extra time, can you share some additional details about your system and location? Also, have you tried to move over to Edge or IE to see if it's working for you more reliably?

Thanks in advance for the help and details.

-RP

Showing 1-15 of 19