ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Flash not loaded for Gencraft: Chasing Shadows

4 2466
richiesque
richiesque
2 posts
Nomad

I'm able to play other Flash games on AG, but today Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows won't load. Shockwave "crashes" and then the plugin doesn't load. I upgraded to the latest chrome, I've cleared the cache, cleared the flash cache, and loaded multiple times, but no access...

• 4 Replies
Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

Maybe you could try another browser? Did you update your plugin as well?

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @richiesque,

Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble. I just loaded GemCraft: CS up in Chrome and played some with one of my online saves and I wasn't able to get the Flash Player to crash for me. I'd need a little bit more information before I can do any further testing. Do you know what OS and Browser version you have? If you are not sure, you can look it up here: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Also since Chrome has been disabling Flash as a default, can you go here chrome://plugins/ and tell me what version of Flash you have installed for your browser? The site link above will likely say it's been disabled as that is the default for Chrome these days.

Last thing, if you have a screen capture of the crash error that will help as well!

-RP

richiesque
richiesque
2 posts
Nomad

Hey @RavePenguin. AS I mentioned, in the same browser, same settings, I can go to Mafia Battle, load and play the game no problem. Since the last time I wrote, I've also gone home and duplicated the problem on my home computer, and with another Gemcraft Game. Chrome version was originally on 56.0.xxxx.x. Now, it's upgraded to 57.0.xxxx.x. cleared cache, etc. Here's some screenshots...
First it says:

http://prnt.sc/emvzhv

http://prnt.sc/emvz3w

and then just as I write this, it comes back up. very crazy.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @richiesque,

Thanks for the information it looks like I have the details for your browser version but I'm still missing the Flash Player and OS you have, so I cannot try and duplicate this just yet. I also noticed these are partial screen grabs so I'm going to guess that you have no extensions or other plugins at all for the browser so I'll plan to test it again without anything else once I know what OS and Flash Player is installed. While it's odd that one game loads and the other will not, sometimes this is a problem with the cookies and sometimes it's more complex and we need to try a few different steps to get this sorted out.

Can you try loading the game up for us with Firefox, IE or Edge to help troubleshoot this further? If this is not possible, may I have your permission to try and test your account out? If you agree, when I'm back in the office tomorrow I'll change your password temporarily and email you the new one so that you can log in. This way I can test your account's access as well.

Thanks,

-RP

Showing 1-4 of 4