ForumsQuestsForgotten Hill: Surgery Quests

18 11480
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Can you find your way out of this horror surgery clinic? All you need to do is finish these Quests for Forgotten Hill: Surgery!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18133/media/icon/be06024124574251835ee2d825dd4892.png?v=1490209502
Creature
Feed The Creature.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18133/media/icon/3f28c531d271a368a643cd6c0791444d.png?v=1490209512
Escape!
Escape The Surgery Clinic.
Hardness: Hard

• 18 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Well, I always knew this game would get quests, since the day it was released!
I just continued my previous saved game and got the Hard quest, but I guess I'll have to re-play it to get the Medium one

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@armorplayergc - I did the same thing. Feeding the creature is easy though, it literally only took me 4 minutes to get back to that point you only need to do a handful of puzzles.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Olinser I've stickied a post about this in the game's comments now. Thanx!

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hoped this one would get quests, so i didn't touch it... because i wanted to have this "first look" feeling. As expected: really nice game!

Quests unlock fine.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MrDayCee - what, no merit? You cheapskate

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Olinser LOL A 'thank you' is worth more than a Merit...

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

ROFL hahaha Check your mail...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ok, if anyone's willing to tolerate my wimp self, I'd be much obliged.

How scary is this game? Especially in comparison to the previous one (Puppeteer)? Does it have jumpscares? I'd like to know if it's worth braving through because on the one hand I hate horror, on the other I love point and clicks.

Thanks in advance

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MrDayCee - oh haha I was just messing with you, but thanks!

@Doombreed - I mean the atmosphere is somewhat creepy but this is pretty soft 'horror'. I consider it actually less horror than the previous couple games in the series.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Doombreed I second what @Olinser states... the game is not overly creepy/horror. There's some 'odd' scenes and art, but nothing that would make you wet your pants in front of your computer screen. Don't worry!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Thanks a lot, you two ^^ I am going to play through it, see what's what

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Οk, now that I am finished, this was a pretty good game indeed and the horror-y aspect did not diminish the experience, so thanks for the advice

However I did find some elements of the game to be sorely lacking.

In general most of the game is not easy as puzzle games go but relatively logical considering. Most of the answers can be thought out without the walkthrough and I liked that. However, basically, my problem wa the plot and its ending as well as some puzzles that were relatively easy to figure out in logic but very hard to do what needed to be done.

For example when I reached the final lock, I thought it would have been cool if the code was 1887, adding significance to the date you find at the back of the photo. As it stands, that date literally means nothing, it might as well not be there at all

Additionally, like the previous forgotten hill game, there wass at least one puzzle that really got on my nerves. In the Puppeteer, it was the wardrobe puzzle (which again I figured out relatively easy but actually doing it proved disproportionately hard). In this one it was the bookcase puzzle with the circular pieces that had 4 colors, one in each side. I quite easily figured out its logic but was inevitably reduced to mindlessly guessing which piece can go where as only one combination is correct.

Another problem, like mentioned by multiple people is the elevator. It is indeed pretty tedious going up and down, especially when a puzzle's solution is on one floor and the actual puzzle is on another floor. Luckily I managed to counter this by screenshotting the solution and opening it in MSPaint so I could see it as I was doing the puzzle, without having to go up and down multiple times.

All in all, pretty nice game, I can't say I am disappointed in terms of gameplay, as the puzzles were challenging but fair, at least in their majority.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Doombreed Glad to see you liked it!

I know what you mean with the elevator, but this is easily explained... there needs to be some back and forth movement in every puzzle game to stimulate game play. Being on one level only, like with Home Story:1971 or Cat in Japan, means that you will finish the game relatively quickly in general. This doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, but playing for a longer time period makes it more fun in my opinion.

Also, the date is only related to the background story as to who the main characters are and why they got to doing what they do now. It can be considered a red herring as it could have been a solution to a puzzle code. Every P&C game needs to have red herrings in order to make them more interesting. But you, as a massive P&C fan, probably already knows this.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

That's true, it took me significantly longer than other point and clicks and that was due to the Elevator And like you said, I wouldn't call that time wasted either, as the anticipation and the atmosphere and going back and forth to check a hypothesis, to see if you are right adds to the suspense. Plus it was mentioned by Reton that it could have been to mask loading times which is pretty forgivable I remember being terrified when I got the key to the basement, almost didn't want to go xD

As to the backstory, yes, many P&Cs do have something to distract you, some ultimate objective, a backstory of sorts and add clues and bits of that story scattered around the game, but in this one, you could feel the lack of it. You do get some things about the colonel and the puppeteer sure, but not much as to their motives (or at least I didn't get them Maybe I am blind or I was too focused on the wrong things.) Usually keeping things simple and sticking to a backstory or at least one mystery that you feel confident you can explain through the game keeps things interesting all along. I wouldn't say Forgotten Hill's story did that for me but the puzzles more than made up for that.

Also, a question, did anyone get what was the point of the key in the same room where you find the photo titled 'Happy Halloween 1887' and the bookcase puzzle? I used it on that lock in the wall but aside from the pretty obvious move of the portrait to reveal a strange drawing, I didn't notice any other in game effect . Is it another distraction?

Showing 1-15 of 18