ForumsGame WalkthroughsSonny 2 Class Combos

1 5778
Zanos727
Zanos727
2 posts
Nomad

DISCLAIMER! I cannot assure you that these will work on Heroic Difficulty but it is what worked for me in the game in general. Remember, there is a huge comment section down there to post your ideas. This is just to give players a mind set on what the class can do.

Hydraulic Move Set (Note all of these are FULLY UPGRADED)
-Vapor Cannon (To Recover Focus and for normal damage)
-Hypothermia (To leave a deadly DOT rebuff and for MAIN damage)
-Flash Freeze (To Stun the enemy and for burst damage)
-Mind Freeze (To render an enemy useless and for burst damage)
-Guardian Form (To increase Ice piercing and for increased defense/defence)
-Restore (To Heal Veradux or myself)
-Ice Wall (To guard my allies)
-Reconstruct (For emergency recovery)

Hydraulic Combo
First I like to start off with Flash Freezing the " priority target " to render them useless. I then like to use Hypothermia on that same enemy. This gives me a free turn to either attack an enemy or to heal/defend my allies. Once that one enemy has come out of the Flash Freeze, I use Mind Freeze to make them unable to use Focus Moves. Then I use my Vapor Cannon. I then repeat the combo if its ready.

Biological Move Set (Note all of these are FULLY UPGRADED and this is not recommended for Heroic Difficulty)
-Leading Strike (For Focus Recovery and normal damage)
-Vicious Strike (For Health Recovery and burst damage)
-Destroy (Enough Said.)
-Agile Exposure (To shatter enemy defense)
-Predator Form (For Focus Recovery and to increase damage)
-Adrenaline (To increase damage and focus recovery)
-Reform (To massively regenerate both health and focus)
-Break (To stun enemies)
-Regeneration (To have PASSIVE health regen during battle)

Biological Combo
I like to first open up with entering the Predator form, then applying adrenaline to myself. I then use Agile Exposure on the enemy I am targeting. If all of this is successful, I use Destroy to almost instantly kill them, or leave a large chunk of damage. I then like to use Leading Strike to get my focus back to 100, or I use Reform to heal an ally/myself. I then spam moves until my combo is ready again.

Physiological Move Set (All of these will be fully upgraded except Salvation)
-Dark Infusion (For Main Damage and to leave a DOT debuff)
-Corruption (To Devastate the enemy and to regenerate a LOT of health)
-Salvation (To Increase Veradux's healing ability and defense)
-Haunt (To leave a ticket for corruption or to drain focus)
-Terrify (To gain a regeneration buff)
-Epiphany (To leave a deadly DOT debuff and to spam Corruption)
-Phantom Form (To gain focus and regeneration)
-Free Will (To block damage and have regeneration)
-Tenacity (To increase my low amounts of health and defense.

Physiological Combo
I like to start off with Terrifying any random enemy. I then use Epiphany on the enemy I am targeting. Since Epiphany cannot be dispelled, I spam corruption on them until I either run out of focus, Epiphany debuff wears off, or an ally is in need of my Free Will move. After that, I spam dark infusion on enemies. I will only use Dark Infusion on myself if I have Free Will on me, and I have no focus. I will also use Salvation if Veradux is almost dead or needs to heal someone. I will repeat this combo until the enemy dies from insanity :3

More Notes:
-The Hydraulic combo will require as much "instinct" stat as possible
-The Biological combo will require a lot of "strength" and some "speed"
-The Physiological combo will require nothing but "instinct" and whatever "strength" you have
-The Physiological is proven the strongest combo as the DOT damage from "Epiphany" is so hard to recover from as it lasts 7 turns and if built right, will do over 1000 damage per turn by end game, added to the burst damage from "Corruption"
-The Biological is the weakest as it's flaws are little defensive ability, even with reform.
-The Hydraulic is more of a "waiting game" kind of combo as it uses more defensive ability than offense.

Hope this somewhat entertained you or even helped you.

• 1 Reply
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

What you are describing is known as a cold hydro, basically an 'Instinct' based Hydro that uses Ice Moves. The problem is that Hypothermia is based on Strength so it's only seemingly a Cold Hydro move. It's actually a Hot Hydro one (Strength based Hydro that uses physical moves)

A cold hydro is a very versatile class that can actually blaze through Legend runs (Heroic difficulty + no training fights) quite easily compared to the others. So it is a pretty known and effective combo It best works with Cold Neurology, Flash Freeze and Mind Freeze twice on the action bar each, Crystal Ice just to dump your spare points somewhere, Ice Wall twice on the action bar as well. Ditch Vapor Cannon. A Cold Hydro simply has no move that requires focus, because all the moves mentioned are fully upgraded and as such, cost absolutely nothing And your primary purpose is not dealing damage anyway, but if you do want to go there, pick Glacier. Much better choice as it is 200% instinct based and is on the tree you will be going through anyway

Physiological Move Set (All of these will be fully upgraded except Salvation)

In any non-heroic difficulty this is pretty viable. In Heroic, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you don't max out Salvation as soon as possible But I suppose you know that, judging from the disclaimer xD

Also, Haunt is useless, except from the Baron. Traumatize does a far better job when it comes to focus reduction and as to tickets for corruption, Epiphany and nightmare do the job just as well. Corruption's massive focus cost means you cannot spam it anyway so a very long lasting move like Haunt really has no benefit since you will be forced to take frequent Dark Infusion breaks which can be used to allow your ticket moves to cool down if timed properly

Additionally, you are far better off picking Insecurity, Dark Echoes and Implosion to maximize Epiphany damage and create one of the deadliest combos in the game:

Epiphany - Insecurity - Dark Infusion - Dark Echoes - Implosion all on the same enemy. You can skip Dark infusion if you'd like. Absolute Killer combo that will, for unknown reasons even penetrate and destroy Police Colonels and their pesky buff that negates Damage over Time.

If you go for direct damage, then Nightmare is your best bet. Healing back in 7 turns is a long amount of turns (though overdrive makes the target heal faster). With Dark Echoes and Insecurity you can devastate opponents with this if your Instinct is decent

Terrifying is a decent move that I've always loved and a good starter as it overrides overdrive.

Next time you want to re-spec with your Psycho try getting this: High Voltage, Shock Coma, Overdrive and Retrograde all maxed out. the rest into whatever you want. Cast this: High Voltage - High Voltage - Shock Coma - Shock Coma - High Voltage - Retrograde and the target, ANY target will suffer damage equal to 120% of its health

Showing 1-1 of 1