ForumsThe TavernThe Forumnauts and the Short Farewell

43 17818
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

BEGiN TRANSMiSSiON
Dear Friends and Aglets:

As you may have noticed, I have not been around Armor Games as much recently. What has been happening with me is that I have been working 60 hrs/wk and taking classes for another 10 for over a year now. And it has paid off. I'm getting promoted next month with double the pay and double the responsibility that will leave me with less time for Armor Games. It was fun creating ridiculous threads and doing silly things with them. I loved seeing your mental poop. Your teamwork counting to 100. Your cheese slaps.

What will happen to "Count to 100"?
I have enjoyed presiding over the Count and truly believe it is one of the best ongoing threads on this site. I have made arrangements with MrDayCee to be the next Commissioner of the Count to continue the counting tradition. (He doesn't have the Quest. )

What will happen to "How Gantic Are You?"
As the most Gantic Gantestant of Season 3, FishPreferred will be running "How FishPreferred Are You?" this September.

What about "Stage Nine"?
Maybe some of you figured that out already, (The title is a huge hint.) but this is Stage Nine. The Forumnauts was just as much about me as it was about you. I've been here for almost nine years and it is time that I go the way of Strop and Cenere.

Farewell and Good Luck, Brave Forumnauts.

G
END TRANSMiSSiON

• 43 Replies
Unbl
Unbl
22 posts
Baron

Thank you for your contributions to Armor Games, your active involvement will be missed. Quick question though... will you continue playing occasionally to earn quests?

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

No more fun rabbit...that's depressing. Who's gonna eat the carrots now?

At least you're leaving because your life is in a good shape! Very happy for that. Thanks for all the fun stuff you've done. I hope you have a good time.

Bye!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You will be much missed, you were already an old user when I joined in 09.

At least people will have a chance to top the leaderboard now!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

If that is true, we'll sure miss you a lot, White Rabbit
But hey, today is April 1st, isn't it?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Lol, since when does Gantic pull fast ones on us?

I for one will sorely miss him. Hopefully Fish steps up his game.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Well, it was fun having you here. Sad to see you go.

Good luck in the future!

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

OK, there is no way this is possible, i know someone who just got promoted from a worker to a manager, and only got like a 10% increase to his pay. unless you are getting from 20K to 40K a year or something like that, i DOUBT this is real. as well as this, if this is the April fools joke, i can tell you FOR A FACT it is not funny in the slightest.

(i personally was hoping for a new "Feature" release, those are funny.)

The_Devils_Advocate
The_Devils_Advocate
240 posts
Nomad

I may be a newcomer, but I already know how large of an influence you have, I am sure you will be missed and thusly so i bid you a farewell.

(PS- if its a april fools joke, mating season won't ever come for you....)

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I've been here for almost nine years and it is time that I go the way of Strop and Cenere.
Bye, then. Oh, and "see you in less than a week".

When exactly has he not?

OK, there is no way this is possible, i know someone who just got promoted from a worker to a manager, and only got like a 10% increase to his pay. unless you are getting from 20K to 40K a year or something like that, i DOUBT this is real.
This has nothing to do with what he's getting paid. It's about how much free time he has to devote to the site.

as well as this, if this is the April fools joke, i can tell you FOR A FACT it is not funny in the slightest.
April 1 isn't about jokes. It's about pranks, and pranks are for the enjoyment of the prankster.
Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

Just gonna drop this here.

Short response from a resident of the chat.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/6ccac21203dd497ea2ad4a52b0fbb8cf.png

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

Gantic was pretty much my idol since I've started here in probably 2009 or 2010 (I've had 2 past accounts here which I already deleted once I found out their ''fairly'' easy password, lol)
Even though I was just silent and very inactive in Armor Games
To see him go and is like, well, seeing your favorite rock band on their farewell tour.
Well, whether if it's true or not, your exit in this website will never be a welcoming call for those spammers, trolls, and other site problems. We may have no authority, but I know that every good person here will get screenshots and report them to all the other Admins and Mods so at least your tiring work of searching and destroying/repairing these problems will at least be minimized because I know how it feels to be one of those chosen few.

This isn't a joke and is really an authentic goodbye to *quotes Pokemon* the very best.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Quick question though... will you continue playing occasionally to earn quests?

@Unbl: Probably not. I don't think I've earned any of the newest quests for a while now.

@Saiyoku: Thanks!

If that is true, we'll sure miss you a lot, White Rabbit
But hey, today is April 1st, isn't it?

@armorplayergc: It's also the end of the fiscal quarter, but I don't make the financial rules about when promotions get put into motion. Also, it shouldn't be a surprise given how long it took me to score the last count.

@MattEmAngel: No doubt with the timing.

@nichodemus: Well, there was that time I started "Fire a Mod" and everyone thought it was a prank.

@DarkFire45 (@Chryosten): Thanks!

OK, there is no way this is possible, i know someone who just got promoted from a worker to a manager, and only got like a 10% increase to his pay. unless you are getting from 20K to 40K a year or something like that, i DOUBT this is real.

@etg2002: It is very possible when you switch careers and start at the very bottom. I'm working in a hot job market right now. (The one that's not tech.) Intern pay is rather low.

(PS- if its a april fools joke, mating season won't ever come for you....)

@The_Devils_Advocate: Mating season for rabbits started over a month ago. March madness isn't just about basketball. The March Hare is at the Mad Hatter's tea party for a reason. (hares, waffles of the rabbit world, blah blah blah. Yeah, they're not exactly the same thing.)

Bye, then. Oh, and "see you in less than a week".

@FishPreferred: My leave is not effective immediately, at least not until the paperwork goes through and I see a pay increase on my pay stub.

@Saiyoku: I don't think Armor Games has played a prank since 2015.

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

I don't think Armor Games has played a prank since 2015.

You guys must be good at hiding prank evidences... *slow clap*
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This isn't a joke and is really an authentic goodbye to *quotes Pokemon* the very best.

I have half a mind to use the pay increase to become a Pokémon Master. I just need to travel to a few countries to catch them all. I'm sitting at 210 Pokémon right now, but it seems like I'm the only one Armor Games who is still playing.

You guys must be good at hiding prank evidences... *slow clap*

Not really. Ferret made us label the prank threads so new users wouldn't get confused.
Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

Are we seriously arguing over a joke? Just laugh it off it's a joke, and if it's not, why not be cool about it?

Showing 1-15 of 43