ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] Contract Wars unable to load my profile any more

8 7356
Soom
Soom
6 posts
Blacksmith

Hi
As of today, Contract Wars can't load my profile - I get a loading screen for a minute or so, and then "Profile Load Failed" message.
I am on Firefox 53.0.2, Windows 7
(it all worked yesterday)

• 8 Replies
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello @Soom,

Does this happen to you when you are using IE 11 as well? Can you get me the version of the Flash Player you have installed? If you are not sure you can check it on the Unity Player site, https://unity3d.com/webplayer. May we also have a screen capture of that error? We've not been able to duplicate this just yet so some additional information will help us to get this looked into.

Thanks!

-RP

Soom
Soom
6 posts
Blacksmith

Hi RP!
thanks for quick reply.
Well, I am not at my Windows PC now, so I can't check the IE (I'll be there on Tuesday again), but just after I posted here, I tried playing it on Facebook App, and it does work there! I also tried playing it on Kongregate website, but it doesn't even start. Now I am on my MacBook Pro, and it's kind of the same, just much worse - doesn't load the profile on armorgames, but does load on Facebook. But weird thing - on facebook it doesn't connect to any servers - shows 0 everywhere, nothing found. However - I could never get it to work properly on the Mac anyway - I believe, it's some global Unity-Flash-Mac problem? But at least I could kind of play it on Armorgames on Mac, but now even that not. Unity plugin version on the Mac is 5.3.8f1, Flash - 25.0.0. I will check on PC on Tuesday, but I am almost sure it's the latest version for both plugins.
Here is the screenshot:
https://image.ibb.co/fLn8Qk/Screen_Shot_2017_05_12_at_23_49_59.png

Soom
Soom
6 posts
Blacksmith

I have just found this post on their Facebook page (14 hours old): Attention! We carry out maintenance of servers. The game will be temporarily unavailable.

might that be the problem of it all?

Soom
Soom
6 posts
Blacksmith

sorry, wasn't sure how to address you directly - trying this: @RavePenguin

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Soom,

Sorry for not following up before now. I wasn't in the office this weekend. I was able to load the game up just fine in Internet Explorer. I'm not sure about the cause, but if the servers were down, that would explain some of the connecting problems you are having if you are on Facebook.

As for trying to load the game in other browsers, I know that Firefox is making the same move that Chrome has been making in terms of browser add-ons. In fact Firefox 52 started to automatically disable NPAPI plugin support.

NPAPI plugins can include Silverlight, Java and the Unity Player. It's likely that your browser may no longer allow access to the Unity player as a default. If you want to learn more about it, here is the information from the Mozilla support page.

Thanks,

-RP

Soom
Soom
6 posts
Blacksmith

Hi @RavePenguin
So, I guess in the end you were right - it all works fine on IE11. Although I have enabled the Unity player manually in Firefox, I guess it's not working well anymore - I have read that as of version 53, even enabling manually would not work...
I will have to try install IE11 on Mac (dies it even exist?) and see how it works there.
thanks!

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Soom,

I wish I had a different option to have you try. So far IE11 has been what I've used to get the game to load on my set up. I'm still trying other options but for now this is the one that I've used with success. I'm not sure what (if any) Mac browsers work with NPAPI. I believe that Opera dropped support in the last year or so however.

Thanks for following up and letting me know that it does work for you when loading the game in IE11.

-RP

Soom
Soom
6 posts
Blacksmith

@RavePenguin
Hi, so I checked on Mac - Safari still works fine (IE doesn't exist for Mac (for the better )

Showing 1-8 of 8