ForumsNews and FeedbackKongregate Account Contact Info on Profile Page

2 4671
Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

I've seen many AG accounts recently will have their Kong account in their description, or talk about it, or say it in the Introduce Yourself tavern forum. I don't know if it would be allowed, but I think it would be nice if you could put your Kong account name under the contact info section (with Xbox and Steam ID etc.)

• 2 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Hi @Yellowcat
Thanks for you suggestion. The reason we have the option to put things like your Steam or Playstation account info on your profile is to enable/encourage cross-platform gaming with our community. The think about Kongregate, besides being a direct competitor, is that they're the same sort of service - they offer online flash games. So the thinking here is, if you can be playing a flash game with your friends, then why not do it here?
In other words, we like to expand our wonderful community into new spheres. If you make a friend on AG, we figure it would be fun to have the opportunity to play together in new environments. Kongregate is basically just another site for flash games.
That being said, there's nothing wrong with sharing your Kong account info in your 'About' section or letting people know in the Newcomers thread. We're certainly wouldn't want to discourage our users from interacting - even if that is on another flash games site.
But you won't find that sort of thing in the 'Contact Info' section of your profile for the reasons just mentioned. It's just not unique (for lack of a better word) enough to warrant that. I hope that makes sense and thanks for your feedback!

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

That makes sense. It was just a idea.

Showing 1-2 of 2