ForumsThe TavernIt's quiet in here...

18 11875
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

What happened guys? The forums used to be bustling with life. The Tavern used to have so many threads in a week. Now we're lucky enough to even get 1 new post in 2 tavern threads in a day. I remembered when every thread on the first page of the forum games read the current date(or at least XX minutes/hours ago). Now there's more than half of the first page that reads X days ago. Barely much is happening in WEPR anymore, and I'm sure plenty of topics could be made about events going on in the world. AMW has like 2 currently active threads(granted I know that user art threads can take awhile for an update). And don't even get me started on how empty the Games forum is on a GAMING website. Just... what happened to the activity?

I want to know, why are you guys being so quiet? Is there anything that would cause you to post more? Do you guys have any ideas on how to stir-up more user activity?

Honestly, I think there needs to be threads such as Battle of the Brands again. I understand people disliked how many threads there were with that same formula, but they brought activity.

• 18 Replies
Hellica
Hellica
56 posts
Herald

Completely proving my point. Two days and counting.

bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

I know the real reason why AG is not active, Flash is not popular or easy to do anymore. HTML5 is way easier and many game engines programs offer it. While AG did accept HTML5 games they also allow Steam games which is their downfall. Demo version was not popular to everyone, bad games keep coming up, MMO games took some of AG audience, and AG don't advertise themselves as they used too.

AG is known as a site where you can upload your game for google to get your website SEO up. Nothing more is useful in Armor Games.

guardian5
guardian5
2 posts
Nomad

Hmmm okay, posting so you do not feel lonely. I came to armour games for gemcraft. I played it from the first gemcraft a few years ago. Cried when I lost my saved games, cried more when I played the next and had hard drive fail.. hehehe and again when my computer was upgraded. I loved the fact that armour games is saving my progress in the latest gemcraft chasing shadows.

I think many people are now playing mmo games or games for consels, xbox/playstation. I do play an mmo but I also love the gemcraft games, just for something different. Also, people usually post when looking for help or share information about a game or having a problem.

Showing 16-18 of 18