ForumsNews and Feedback[Beta] New User Profiles

35 26194
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello, everyone!

Our web team has been hard at work overhauling the user profiles and we are happy to announce that the profiles are in beta and more importantly are now live! You can check them out by visiting your profile and clicking on that green button that says "Preview the New Profile Page" at the top of the page.

Here are some of the key features in this stage of the public beta.

• Overhauled of the layout for the content on the page. This includes items such as placement of Quests, Favorated Games, and your Friends list.
  • New selectable banners.
  • The talented Jimp has helped create unique artwork for each of the ranks.

We are pretty happy with how the page looks and feels at this stage of the game. At the same time, this is a Public Beta release of the pages. It's important to know that things may change between now and when the finalized profiles are implemented for good. So if you have feedback please let us know what you like and share your constructive feedback on what you think we can do better.

-RavePenguin

• 35 Replies
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Doombreed,

I'll work with @MrDayCee and Dora to look at the first point. As to the second point, that's something we noticed too. HTML and certain characters have a complicated relationship. For example '&' may need to be displayed as & or & in some situations. You may also see some URLs include %20 instead of space due to URL encoding.

Thank you for the call out for both points!

-RP

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@helpo1 also the Nepal Flag but that will probably never look alright

http://i.imgur.com/9ZRD1pz.png

@RavePenguin not a problem. I didn't notice you had the bit about the characters already noed down in the previous update post, sorry for calling that out anyway

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Actually, maybe you can just try to "reshape" the grey rectangular background for the flags, and change it for a square background if the flag is from Switzerland or Vatican, and make a... uh... Nepali Flag-like unique grey shape background for Nepal's flag...

That could work

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thank you for the feedback thus far everyone! It is very helpful to us in making the profile page purrrfect.
If you have any more remarks, however small or even if you feel it may be insignificant, do let us know, ok?

That cursed tiny font required me to zoom in 250%.

@RavePenguin Copy the text and paste it in the reply post box... that'll teach @Doombreed...

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

@MrDayCee

Hey @helpo1,
That cursed tiny font required me to zoom in 250%. Well played.

I doubt it'll teach Doom.

(I personally use the context menu Google Search, doesn't even require copy-pasting.)
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Oh haha Up to the point of making that quote I read a lot of posts and somehow thought @Doombreed made that small font... sorry for mixing you guys up @helpo1 !

Unbl
Unbl
22 posts
Baron

While I wholeheartedly believe that the new page looks beautiful, I enjoy having my entire profile visible easily without scrolling.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

I really like the new look, congratulations!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@RavePenguin Some of the missing banners mentioned are part of the AFG+ section of Banners, like KR: Frontiers - 4 and Sonny - 2 However, when choosing one of the AFG+ banners, people with no AFG+ cannot see it. Instead they only see The regular AG - Grey which is the default.

@armorplayergc tried previewing my profile after I had changed to a premium banner and noticed it. He is using Google Chrome Not entirely sure it is related to whether people have AFG+ or not. But it makes sense

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

Please, use a single font in the entire site.

The profile pages use Montserrat, while everything else uses Arial. Because of that, profiles look ugly and un-AG-like.

Can we either make the entire site (including Disqus) use Montserrat or make profiles use Arial?

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello, all!

Some quick updates for you guys.

AFG+ Premium Banners

The design team has finished a roll out for AFG+ Users as a number of the posters have been talking about in this thread. These are in line with Armatars so if you are a member of AFG+ you will have access to the exclusive banners that come with being a supporter of AFG+.

Flags
There are still some items that the team will be checking out, such as Flags for certain nations being scaled smaller than other images.

Feedback
All of the feedback has been collected and shared with the design and web team. They asked me to make sure that I thanked everyone for contributing!

Good bye Beta!

We've rolled the profile pages out to everyone and it's no longer in Beta. As this is now out of Beta (all of the changes are stable and we are not seeing any bugs or other major game changing errors), I'll be taking the sticky off the post. But we will still use this post to collect new information and your feedback.

-RP

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@dorukayhan: Your suggestion to use a single font for the entire site inspired me to see what the home page would look like in Montserrat, so I used Chrome's Inspect feature and got this:

http://i.imgur.com/ZOIQNGf.png
http://i.imgur.com/us5KCYC.png

I like the look of the new profiles, and while Montserrat may be a little less readable at small font sizes, I wouldn't mind making the change for the sake of consistency.

carlosbomb
carlosbomb
42 posts
Jester

thanks guys for all the time and hard work you all put to make this place a better place. *thumbs up for all of you*

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hye @KatPryde,

Thank you for mentioning this! I've tried to replicate this on my system and each time that I was visiting my profile and tried to log into the site it was working for me just fine with both Chrome and Firefox. It may have been a network hiccup or something else that may be interfering. If this is still happening for you can I get the browser version and OS information so that I can try and get this information over to the web team to look into?

Thanks!

-RP

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey KatPryde,

The team has finished their testing and they also could not duplicate what was happening for you. Normally we'd suggest that you upgrade the browser from 52 to Firefox 55 (the most recent version) but it looks like Firefox has stopped supporting the browser for Vista as has Microsoft. So that may not be an option for you. Do you happen to have Chrome or IE installed and does this also happen with these browsers?

-RP

Showing 16-30 of 35