ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Adobe Flash Player pop up window doesn’t react

4 5458
Havarie
Havarie
3 posts
Farmer

I work with win10, Mozilla Firefox 55.0 (64-Bit), Adobe Flash Player version 26.0.0.151 is installed, Shockwave Flash is enabled.

Since yesterday I cannot play because three seconds after starting a game the window "Adobe Flash Player Settings" pops up. I can’t close this pop up window which seems to be not active (white coloured) and I have to leave the page. :-(
Anybody has an idea?

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-9756810-1275807/Flash+player2.jpg

• 4 Replies
Havarie
Havarie
3 posts
Farmer

:-(

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Havarie,

I can say that I have honestly not seen that happen before.

Is it possible that you have the Flash Player installed for one browser but are using another? For example, do you have it installed for IE but it's not installed/enabled on your Firefox browser? It's unlikely that you use blockers or extensions, but if you have anything that is aggressively targeting the Flashplayer that may be causing some interference. I'll try and do some digging around via an internet search to see if I can find something like your report and if there are any solutions. If I find anything I'll make sure to post the details and a link for you to check out!

As for what you can try, typically when you have some really crazy stuff going on with the player or perhaps the browser, there is always the option to uninstall and reinstall the software.

-RP

Havarie
Havarie
3 posts
Farmer

Dear @RavePenguin!
Thank you for your kind respond!

I'm sure I have had the right Flash Player for Firefox.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software (FF and Flash Player!) several times: Same problem!

I uninstalled and reinstalled an older version of Firefox: The Flash Player worked fine!

NOW I reinstalled the latest version of Firefox AND Chrome ... and I play with Chrome without problems!

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey, Havarie!

It sounds like starting with a fresh install seems to have gotten it to work for you. Thanks for following up and letting me know!

-RP

Showing 1-4 of 4