ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Small question

3 4943
Thomas_Bent
Thomas_Bent
19 posts
Farmer

Why Disqus? Why not a regular site specific comment section?

It only complicates things for me, won't always load properly and has me retry commenting several times quite often.

• 3 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Hey @Thomas_Bent , there used to be a site specific comment section for Armor Games, but at a certain point it was decided to switch to the Disqus system. It has its benefits in terms of social media (following and sharing discussions i.e.) and allthough there are some known glitches with this system, it is not discussed whether or not to create a new site specific system. It is not said that it will never happen either, just not on the agenda right now.

As for your complications... there are a few easy fixes for those:

- If Disqus does not load, it is probably due to the interferance with the chat system. Close all open chat tabs (rooms and private) and reload your browser page. If there are any chats left open, close them again and refresh once more. Continue this untill all chat tabs are closed and Disqus should load normally.
- If your comment does not post (as in, is not showing up), edit your comment by clicking 'edit' and 'save edit'. There's no need to actually edit your comment text, simply perform the edit and save action and your comment will show up normally.

Hope this answered your questions.

Thomas_Bent
Thomas_Bent
19 posts
Farmer

@MrDayCee, thanks. It does answer some of them but leaves some behind.

Did the site specific comment section have any downsides for it to be replaced or was it the result of a debate? And if so, did both the community and higher ups contribute to the debate or did only one side decide, whichever that may have been?

Not saying that I can't handle some complexity but I am more fond of simple things and usually question possible unnecessary convolution in domains that should be commonly easy to understand.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@Thomas_Bent I actually do not know the specifics of the discussion and ultimately the decision to switch over to the Disqus system... the decision was made by the Armor Games owner and staff at the time. I personally agree with you on preferring a simpler commenting system, but sometimes we need to work with what we're given.

Showing 1-3 of 3