ForumsNews and FeedbackAG...what is wrong.

9 5331
Hellica
Hellica
56 posts
Herald

What is going on with the website; it has been wonky the past two days. I thought it was just one game, but it is the site itself. It's freezing...slowing down. Very difficult to play when everything keeps freezing.

• 9 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I've not encountered freezing myself...does it occur when you access the site on other computers?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

@Hellica

Are you using Firefox? There has been a recent Firefox update (55.0.3 ) that may be causing some issues. At least for myself I was having some issues due to the recent update. I've actually had this issue in the past, so it is something that can happen form time to time due to browser update. This may not be the most permanent fix, but the following steps MAY alleviated your issues:

1.) In a new Firefox tab enter about:config in the URL bar and press ENTER.
2.) Search for dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled, double-click that entry to change the value from true to false.
3.) Refresh your tab or restart your browser.

These steps may or may not fix your issue(s). It helped me, but it was with one game only and in Firefox only. So this may not help with different games, it may not help with different browsers, and it may not help with your overall Armor Games experience. However, hopefully this DOES fix your issues, the timing seems to match up with the Firefox update and the issues I experienced, but I can give no guarantee.

Hellica
Hellica
56 posts
Herald

I am using Internet Explorer, and there are other people who are having the same problems. Does the Firefox update impact this site in a way that impacts us with a different browser? I am not a computer tech person, clearly. :-)
This just started a few days ago, so it seems that it could very well be related to the Firefox update. Any help would be appreciated.....thank you.
P.S. Others in the game I play are having the same issues, so yes, it is on other computers.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It could well be the game itself? What game is it specifically?

I use Chrome though, and it seems normal.

Hellica
Hellica
56 posts
Herald

It is happening with all of the games that I play.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

@Hellica

Sorry, that wasn't any help.

I'm trying Armor Games in Internet Explorer. So far for me, some games are slow to load, and some are having trouble with WebGl. But, even in Internet Explore I am able to get games up and running.

Hmmm, I know the Firefox update gave me issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if some Internet Explorer (or Edge) update caused some issues too. But, I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to browser issues. Perhaps @Boppins could help, also keep in mind if you have any add-ons/extensions/etc POSSIBLY causing issues.

(Note: I'm not saying extension or add-ons are the issue, I've seen a handful of issues myself and I don't use add-ons/extensions, but sometimes it IS add-ons/extension that cause the problem.)

Hellica
Hellica
56 posts
Herald

Yeah, it is weird...sometimes you can play for a long time, and it is fine, but then it starts again. It is random...comes and goes.
I don't know if it me or the website. I'm not having problems anywhere else, just here.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

I am using Internet Explorer, and there are other people who are having the same problems.

There's your problem. Web developers don't care about Internet Explorer anymore because Microsoft made a much saner browser that comes bundled with Windows 10 - pretty much no modern website (e.g. AG) will work properly on IE nowadays.

Don't have Win 10? No problem - you can install Chrome.

Hellica
Hellica
56 posts
Herald

I switched to Firefox, and I have not been having any issues....definitely something with Internet Explorer..thank you all for your help! :-)

Showing 1-9 of 9