ForumsQuestsCastle Woodwarf Quests

18 16093
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Waves of enemies are trying to steal your treasure!! Guard it well and lead your dwarves on their way to victory! Are you brave enough to take on these Quests for Castle Woodwarf? At arms! Huzzah!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18213/media/icon/e77b90f70de8f02aabfa4575d217b423.png?v=1502141378
Just A Dratini
Survive 3 Waves Of Attack.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18213/media/icon/1950a7fe71a85dcb5476da5b52ec79b5.png?v=1502141439
The Great Floodgates
Win The Game On Normal Mode.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18213/media/icon/cef66ed2759ff41dae7f6916dc8166a3.png?v=1502141582
To The MAX
Level Up Everything To The MAX.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18213/media/icon/e8cb8d7fe079e343d3cefc5c06ba228c.png?v=1502141634
In Time
Beat The Time Challenge In Under 20 Minutes.
Hardness: Hard

• 18 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

YAY! NEW QUESTS!

I was going to start playing this game like, yesterday or today, but I didn't for some reason... YAY!

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

What are the exact requirements for In Time?

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MrDayCee - yeah the last quest DEFINITELY needs a better description.

I beat the Might Challenge in 18 minutes and it didn't trigger.

If it means the Time Challenge it needs to state that explicitly.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MrDayCee - OK the last quest is just broken, period. I beat both Might and Time challenge in under 20 minutes by a large margin (18 and 17 minutes) and didn't get the quest.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MrDayCee - Yeah, last quest is completely broken. I have beaten regular, might challenge, AND time challenge in under 20 minutes, no quest.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Finally got it, on Time Attack after doing it for the 3rd time in under 20 minutes. Definitely a bug with the achievement.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

That's kind of sad, I don't think I'll do a million times until it works.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Yellowcat - I mean it was significantly less painful than some other games might have been, its incredibly easy to beat 20 minutes every time regardless of game mode.

I see the number of completions significantly incrementing now so it may be fixed.

Unbl
Unbl
22 posts
Baron

I also beat both sub 20 and didn't get the quest

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

We'll see what MrDayCee says.

elek1977
elek1977
2 posts
Templar

"In time" quest don't work.

http://i.imgur.com/j8D6KXf.png

Unbl
Unbl
22 posts
Baron

I just got a second sub 20 time and it gave me the quest. Similar thing to what happened to @Olinser

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Olinser @Unbl @elek1977 The Quest description has been edited to display the proper info for this Quest. But the Quest not triggering seems odd... we may have to look into this some more and see what is causing the 'miss-firing'.

Alpha900i
Alpha900i
160 posts
King

Quest worked after first win-on-Time-better-than-20. Took some time to get with optimal solution - and my final 14:59 definitely could be better. Considering the fact I accidentally bought one more level of egg then I needed - which didnt just postponed my victory, but almost cost me it. Won game at 9 fish. Unpausing before this last click was quite scary.
Game at all quite good - somehow looks similar to LearnToFly series with all this optimization for best result.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I had a little trouble getting the In Time quest (Beat The Time Challenge in Under 20 Minutes.). I used the following strategy and it helped me. It's just for the beginning phase. Although it may not be the most optimal strategy it's what got me the quest.

Step 1
Buy 1 Home upgrade (the 50 gold one). (In other words get the house to Lvl 2.)

Step 2
Buy 1 Magic Tree and get it to Lvl 2.

Step 3
If the Tree spawns far away restart and repeat steps 1 and 2 until the tree spawns nearby to minimize how far the Lumberdwarf has to walk.

Step 4
Buy 1 Lumberdwarf and get it to Level 2.

Step 5
Before buying your first Gatherdwarf wait until your Lumberdwarf cuts it's first tree or is about to finish cutting it. This ensures that some Lumber will be on the field for you Gathedwarf to pick up quickly.

If you do not do this, sometimes the Gatherdwarf will walk past the Lumberdwarf that is cutting the tree. This causes Gatherdwarf to walk to the end of the field wasting a lot of time.

Step 6
Do not buy Fishingdwarf until you have about 50 fish. If you want you can even go lower like 30 fish.

Step 7
Make sure you have at least 50 gold to upgrade your Dragon once for Wave 1.

Step 8
If you feel you have enough gold to get your Dragon to Level 2 before Wave 1 enemies attack, make sure to get your Gatherdwarf to Level 2. You may need to time when you purchase this upgrade as you want to make sure there is enough Lumber on the field so that your Gatherdwarf will fill his bag and not walk to the end of the field. (This step might happen
somewhere in Step 9, depending on how you see fit.)

Step 9
Again, if you feel you have enough gold to get your Dragon to Level 2 before Wave 1 enemies attack, buy a second Magic Tree. Then get Lumberjack to Level 3, then Magic Tree to Level 3 OR get Magic Tree to Level 3 and then Lumberjack to Level 3. Be certain to keep an eye on your gold to have enough to upgrade your Dragon.

(Note: I actually was following a rule to keep Magic Tree upgraded one level above Lumberdwarf so that my Lumberdwarves would not run out of trees to chop, thus walking to the end of the field and wasting time.

Dragon Level Note
A Level 2 Dragon, meaning it was upgraded only once, can beat both Waves 1 and 2 as long as it is near full health when the enemies start attacking (this may not work on Might Mode where enemies have double health, but this will work on Time Attack and should work on Normal Mode).

House and Environment Note
In the comment section many are focusing on rushing the Environment Upgrades. They are helpful and may be necessary for fish value increases, however a major amount of gold comes from lumber and house upgrades. House upgrades also mean less down time for your dwarves.

I believe I had my environment and house equal for the first 3 or 4 levels. Then I shifted focus to environment.

Also, as noted by many, house upgrade should only go up to something like level 7 maximum.

Unit and Upgrade Note
In the beginning phases it's better to upgrade your units over buying more to minimize fish consumption. You might get a second Lumberdwarf and Gatherdwarf rather soon, but it was until my fish income was steady that I allowed my unit amount to become equal with the upgrade level.

Showing 1-15 of 18