ForumsForum GamesHow FishPreferred Are You?

284 82468
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Mark your calendars! Clear your schedules! Defragment your hard drives and install those updates!

It is time for How FishPreferred Are You?

As you may know, Gantic will not be available to do his usual schtick this year, thus it falls to me to continue this weird tradition of quantifying your similitude to some vague standard through a series of convoluted and seemingly arbitrary tests.

Sign-up is open until 10 spots are filled, or until September 9, whichever is sooner. You may wager any number of Gantic Points you like, but they will be disregarded because Gantic Points have no relevance to this game.

ROSTER:
1ʭ Hardstrike
1ʭ MattEmAngel
1ʭ Yellowcat
1ʭ hafaroman
1ʭ Coral42
1ʭ Boofuss
1ʭ Moegreche
1ʭ PLGuy
1ʭ Swarmlord2*

*Additional entry, because Hey, why not?

• 284 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Wow my dodging skills are amazing but my aiming is poor. Hmm maybe that's because I was blindfolded xD

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Oh darn it I can't edit the former post so I need to double-post.
@FishPreferred Were you planning it 15 minutes?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I'm going to guess 14 days (as of this writing). I'm guessing 'the first' is the first post of this thread--14 days ago. *fingers crossed*

I'm also guessing that 'the first' does *not* mean when the 1st round began. It'd be silly to start this without some idea of where it's going

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

Wow..I didnt get eliminated. Again, thanks Moe

Also.. I think you have been planning the next round since Gantic's last game(last year I think)

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

I don't know how to feel that I did absolutely nothing and just bounced off of walls. It's like a normal day for me I suppose

If I was doing this I'd have been planning this as it happens to know who was still in so that no one had any clue, there's a rough idea but the rest is just as it gets typed in.

My guess is you're planning the next one as you're typing out "How long have I been planning this one?"

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@Boofuss so you mean that he was planning it 0 minutes? xD I guess that FishPreferred will give 20 piscum to one that is closest to the right time.
I was also bouncing off the walls, used all my ammo at start and went totally pacifist mode xD

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

Yup! No planning at that point, planning furiously as it happened!

Pacifist mode is a good mode! I too hurt no one! It's quite nice!

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Nobody gets the bonus, because even I don't remember what year it was when I came up with this thing. You would actually get 10ʭ for explicitly refusing to guess, but then inferring something other than the obvious and/or stating a tautology.

Round 2 is the Logic round. This is literally the most straightforward stage in the entire contest, because logic. It is, in fact, so straightforward that in order to get more than half of the points you will need to make it far more convoluted. Find a way to submit your responses without letting the other players see them before the deadline. You can use whatever obscure imaginative means you like, but I won't award any extra points for something that you can change at any time.

https://i.imgur.com/WV5soLA.png

+10p will be awarded for each correct response.
Up to 50 additional points can be earned, depending on how well you conceal your responses.

You have until Saturday (Sep 23) to sumbit your responses by whatever means you choose. If they are hidden, you have until Sunday (Sep 24) to show/explain your method of concealment.

Current Rate of Exchange
Buying: ü , Selling: e

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

You would actually get 10ʭ for explicitly refusing to guess, but then inferring something other than the obvious and/or stating a tautology.

That's sooo motivating :-P

Need to find a good trick...
Guys don't be mean and don't look for my hideout xD

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

Dude read the rest of his message

You have until Saturday (Sep 23) to sumbit your responses by whatever means you choose. If they are hidden, you have until Sunday (Sep 24) to show/explain your method of concealment.

You have to figure out the correct answers and encode them somehow so we won't be able to steal your answers. After the deadline you must tell Fish the way to decipher your code

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

Wow, I really didn't do much in the first round. This second one sounds fun though...

I have a sneaky (and convoluted) idea...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

If they are hidden, you have until Sunday (Sep 24) to show/explain your method of concealment.

I thought that we can hide it somewhere in the forum :-P It is not possible to literally hide them here. Only encrypt somehow...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

That seems the only sane solution for this stage... Anybody posting here from now on will be obvious to post answers but of course if they are encrypted well that should be mission completed.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

We have to post a response in this thread, I assume.
Not necessarily.

@FishPreferred Will you be on instant messaging here today sometime?
Nope.

It is not possible to literally hide them here.
Not necessarily.

So we post our answer (that can't be deciphered without a key or whatever) here before Saturday, then post the key before Sunday.
That's certainly one way of doing it.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, a logic round. If I don't win this one, I should probably return my PhD and ask for a refund. (Based on some of the stuff I'm been producing lately, maybe I should to that anyway!)

Showing 46-60 of 284