ForumsForum GamesTug of War

819 188109
oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

This is a battle of the sexes. If the poster is male, he will add 1 to the number above him and then make a comment of any sort he wishes. If the poster is female, she will subtract 1 from the number above her and make a comment. If the number reaches 0, the girls win. If the number reaches double the starting number, the guys win. For instance if we start at 1,000, the guys win at 2,000.
Please always leave a comment with your number so it doesn't devolve into just another counting game. Comments obviously make it much more interesting.
All forum rules apply. Keep the comments civil. No double posting.

We will start with:

1,000 - This game can be really fun and a good way to have ad hoc conversations.

Amended Rules
All of the above still applies EXCEPT:
• Girls may now subtract 5 per post owing to the fact the forum demographic is skewed so much toward males.
• Each new game will begin at 50 until further notice.
• Turncoats are allowed. Meaning you may post for either gender regardless of your own gender.

• 819 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

1001. Hmm, I guess we could ask @oyaji3211 if we could decrease the total to 50? dunno

(also, nice idea for a forum game, dude )

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

50 - OK since the consensus seems to be a desire for baby steps we'll start with 50. But jsyk I've played this game elsewhere and the start was 10,000. It took about two years to finish but the enjoyment comes from the ad hoc chat room feature, not reaching the end.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

49. Maybe nº of girls was mor similar to the number of boys? @oyaji3211

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

50. @oyaji3211 I'm just curious who have won on that forum? It's a huge number and odds can't be even if we talk about 10K. We count to 100 in about 2 hours when we submit 1 post a minute...

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

50. Yo-yo... how about "YAY-YAY"?

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

51 - @kalisenpai Yeah, I never thought the demographic here was so lopsided. I assumed flash games would appeal to girls with all the puzzlers and such. Guess I'm being old-fashioned, oh well, live and learn. After this game I'll come up with something to even the odds or a totally different criteria, if it's still popular.

LordLazyLeopard
LordLazyLeopard
783 posts
Constable

52. Well, thank you for kindly allowing us to change the rules, for what it's worth. Hopefully now everyone can stop simply talking about the website demographic and the impossibility of winning. I'll start the ad hoc conversations with a decidedly not ad hoc comment about leopards.
Leopards are amazing, majestic, wonderful, and lovely. Who wants to violently disagree with me?

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

53 - I shall agree with your opinions on leopards with this ex post facto comment.

They are amazing, aren't they?

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Leo2_Pics/LEOPARD2A6-BIG-08.jpg

LordLazyLeopard
LordLazyLeopard
783 posts
Constable

54. Not exactly what I mean... nonetheless, that's pretty impressive. Having fun with unnecessary the Latin, by the way?

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

53. Latin can be fun, I guess?

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

51. Why are tigers better?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

52. Panthers rule, duh? Go panthers! Wooot... Wikipedia says that lions are panthers? Oh it's genus Panthera and african lions are called Panthera Leo as species.
*1 minute later* Wooot?! why panthera means giraffe in Latin xD GT are you OK?
panthera translation

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

53. Hehe, Latin... that one is THE language
Latin is an insane sentence-destroying language here

My native language came from Latin
(even though " panthera" doesn't mean "giraffe" here)

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

Not exactly what I mean... nonetheless, that's pretty impressive. Having fun with unnecessary the Latin, by the way?

I knew what you meant, just being silly. =P And the Latin is there to make fun of myself for overusing "ad hoc" and looking kinda lame-o. =P =P
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

52. Good reason, indeed

Showing 16-30 of 819