ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Crystal Story II "New Game" button not doing anything

2 3314
jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

I played Crystal Story II quite a long time ago, and recently felt like getting back into it. My save file, being local, had been wiped - I chose to start a new game.

Unfortunately, whenever I press the "New Game" button, nothing happens and the game appears to freeze.

1. I can navigate any in-game menu without any issue
2. When I press "New Game", I hear the selection sound play but nothing happens
3. The background music keeps playing
4. I can no longer navigate any in-game menus until I refresh the page

Firefox 56.0.1 (64-bit)

Any help would be appreciated. I simply cannot figure this out.

• 2 Replies
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @jbondguy007,

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem getting the game going! I just tried to load up a new game and it was working for me just now.

Let's do some basic steps to try and narrow down what may be causing this. Can you try loading the site and game up using the Incognito mode and see if that works? The second option is to check your browser's settings for how it is set up for allowing cookies. For example if you have third-party cookies disabled this can sometimes cause problems with games on our site. A third option is to see if the game loads up in Chrome for you.

Give these a try and please let us know if none of the options ended up working out for you.

-RP

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

It does work correctly on Chrome, but Firefox is being the issue. I tried visiting the page in private mode, but still no luck. I always have my cookies fully enabled, so it isn't the problem either.

Firefox can be a handful with Flash/other browser games sometimes, but currently it's my main browser, and I keep Chrome for work-related stuff.

Thanks for your suggestions in any case.

Showing 1-2 of 2