ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] My Chat button is gone a lot :(

9 3133
tman65o
tman65o
4 posts
Peasant

My chat button and bar is completely gone when I go to any game or the main menu. The only place on the site I can access it is on the forum pages. Please help!

• 9 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@tman65o I will forward this to the backend to have a look. Please allow a bit of time before there is a response, ok? Thank you.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@tman650 can you tell us what operating system and browser you are using?

tman65o
tman65o
4 posts
Peasant

windows 8 internet explorer, im at school. Could the firewall be blocking it but that wouldn't make sense because I can still use it in the forum section?

tman65o
tman65o
4 posts
Peasant

@boppins Sorry forgot to tag you

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@tman65o
Think I got it fixed. Can you test it, and if it doesn't work, log out and then log back in? I had to log out/log in to get it to work, but I'd like to know if that was just me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thanx @boppins !

tman65o
tman65o
4 posts
Peasant

@boppins yes it works now thank you so much!! I don't know what you did but it worked.

mirelli0619
mirelli0619
1 posts
Nomad

@boppins i dont have the chat bar anywhere

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

@mirelli0619 - The first thing to try is to make sure the chat is enabled. If you hover over your profile name (right-hand side of the top banner), a drop-down menu should appear. Click 'Edit Settings'.

From there, you should be in the 'General Settings' tab for your profile. Make sure the box that says 'Disable Chat?' is blank (i.e. not checked). In other words, if that box is checked, then uncheck it. Make sure to click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page.

If that's not what the problem is, we'll need more information. Is the chat bar never there? It should be visible on the home page, in the forums, and when playing a game. So let's make sure that it's never there or just not there sometimes.

Also, we would need what operating system you're using and what browsers you've tried. I would definitely recommend seeing if it's not showing up on both Firefox an Chrome. All of this is useful information to help troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing.

Showing 1-9 of 9