ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] Banned for reporting a bug?

3 2978
Man_Athan2
Man_Athan2
2 posts
Nomad

I was playing ZS Dead Detective yesterday, and encountered a bug that prevented me from going any further, so I reported it in the comments via my Disqus account. I check back today, and notice my post is gone, and I can't post anywhere anymore because I've been banned for no apparent reason.

Here's the removed post: https://ibb.co/mMFKzb

I've noticed the author replied to comments made after mine, so is it possible for a game author to ban someone so as to delete their posts? If so, then I wouldn't be surprised if any negative comment made about any of the author's games met the same fate, which would be totally lame and unacceptable.

• 3 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Hi @Man_Athan2

The link to your comment doesn't work, but that's okay as I'm confident you weren't banned for reporting a bug. It sounds like an issue that is specific to Disqus, since you're able to comment on the site. It might have something to do with the fact that your account was just created today. I'll loop in @MrDayCee as he knows a lot more about Disqus than I do and what might be wrong.

Man_Athan2
Man_Athan2
2 posts
Nomad

@Moegreche

I've replaced the link in my first post.

The error message when trying to post anywhere on this site specifies I've been banned by Armor Games. As I said, the removed message was posted using Disqus, but I had to create an account using my Facebook profile to report the ban here.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Man_Athan2 Sorry for the late reply to your problem. I checked and your post has indeed been removed by us.

The reason for this is actually quite simple... we only allow our users to post on our website via the Disqus system. All other posts made by (off-site) accounts from Disqus that are not tied to an actual Armor Games account will be removed. This has been our policy from the beginning when we first started using the Disqus system.

If you want to make a post on the Armor Games website, you need to login with your Armor Games account and then post through that, ok?

As for your problem with ZS Dead Detective - Brain Drain; please create a new forum thread in the Support Forum and add my callout (@MrDayCee) to it and we will have a look, ok?

Showing 1-3 of 3