ForumsForum GamesPost-Apocalyptic Roleplay

47 19748
abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

The year is 2497. Humans are running out of resources and going into nuclear war. Many animal species have gone extinct, but new, mutated ones have been created from the nuclear war. A small group of survivors is living in a large underground structure in America. They are struggling to survive because of the lack of food and water and all the danger outside. There are different positions in the group: leader, co-leader, collector(there can be multiple collectors, they gather food and water from the outside world), defender(there can be multiple defenders, they defend the group from animals or other threats), doctor(there is only one doctor), and explorer(there can be multiple explorers, they search for other survivor groups and useful things or places). We know that there is another survivor group of engineers somewhere around us(somewhere on the map, once I finish it, which will be soon)that is trying to make a device to fix the radiation. We need to find that group and help them because they don't have enough people to survive very long.
Here is my character:
Name: Olivia Ralos
Position: Leader
Personality: Olivia is 14 years old. She had a brother and two sisters, but her whole family died during the war. She was at school during the time, and was the only survivor from her school. She was sad but determined to survive, so she organized the group. Her family had owned a fallout shelter, so she went there and invited others. She is nice, but if you tell her she can't do something, she will go out of her way to try to prove you wrong. She is proud of herself and the people in her group, and is a great leader.

• 47 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

You're right, so let's leave crops. But at least we need a biome with oxygen fabric - all that ferns, aloe and other good oxygen producers. Otherwise we would suffocate underground. So I'll make that exploring dude today :-)

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

If anyone here is good at drawing, can you draw the inside of the shelter? I'm going to finish the map today. Or at least one part of it.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

That's great. Hahaha, well I'm not too good xD but I can try to draw something. It won't be any near to masterpiece and probably I won't do it today (wanna finish Fallout 1) Also I meant oxygen factory (factory = fabryka in PL and it's a tricky word for probably every Pole)

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@HahiHa @sciller45 If you guys wanna draw the shelter let us know. I'll do something tomorrow if not

@abcdragon66 you're the boss here... xD so do you prefer top view or isometric?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@sciller45 @HahiHa @abcdragon66

I made this raw draft with the most important things (if I didn't forget about sth). I'll make a nice vector drawing if you guys still wanna play this. I don't see too much attention on this thread. You can also propose some changes.

It's not finished, I have only a conception about placing biome somewhere on the bottom so carbon dioxide gets there easily and I didn't plan accommodation. It's all underground, the tunnel goes higher and higher until it reaches an exit cave. Also placing a nuclear reactor right below the biome doesn't look too good xD But I'll figure out sth.
Draft of the Shelter

Edit: also this ellipse is not a mouth of a pipe - it's a viewing window like in Fallout. Ekhm, that's kinda silly that they made it so big xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@PLGuy Nice job on the shelter drawing. I think we could go with it as it is, unless you really want to make a vector version ^^

Since there's two collectors but no explorer, and instead of someone having to handle two characters, I could just switch to being an explorer, if that's alright with you @abcdragon66

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

Yeah, that's fine. It would be nice if someone made two characters, though.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@HahiHa thanks man! xD And yes, I wanna add colors and some objects to it.

I'll make a collector, I think they're the most important. Also if nothing happens my guard won't just stand there and watch, if needed he'll help. I think he should be going first into the buildings.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

PLGuy, sometimes the guards accompany the explorers, or if they see something, they go back to the shelter to get the guards.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Now sorry for this wall of text, but I had inspiration to make a whole backstory:

Adam „Razor” Wozniak.
He is 20 years old guy brought up in “Ant Nest” as his former group called their fallout shelter. It was a self-sufficient polytechnic’s shelter. When “University Ants” were attacked by raiders, Razor had to run for life. During the escape he was separated from his brother Mathew and he doesn’t know what was his fate since. After many trials and tribulations Razor luckily stumbled upon shelter’s exploration team which basically saved his life.

Razor is very efficient with cold steel, preferably with conventional (perspective of 2497) daggers and he doesn’t use them solely as weapons. As a hobby he tends to create wooden carvings.

Adam was able to learn extreme amounts of technical knowledge from graphene books, so he happily offers his help with handling survival processes for the main engineer of the shelter. Although familiarizing with quite substantial theory didn’t make him vane. He is a good listener that willingly searches for authorities within his new family.

Adam learned handling firearms reluctantly. In “Ant Nest” such weapons weren’t stored, so he won’t make a good gunman anytime soon. Also his gentle personality (mockingly accented by his contrasting nickname) doesn’t let him pull the trigger easily.

Raised by “Ants” Adam values cooperation the most. He doesn’t strive for standing alone in anything. Silent and diplomatic for the common good.

Razor hopes that his brother is still alive and one day they might be able to reunite. Knowing how dangerous is the world outside, he doesn’t push the group for a frenzied search, although from his vigorous and nervous episodes the dwellers might recognize symptoms of the re-energized hope.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

If razor is a collector, Moore should be an explorer! Besides, he's a nature guy, no?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@sciller45 Razor doesn't have to be a collector, I didn't assign him yet because there was no answer from @HahiHa Also I didn't do anything with that plan of Shelter and I'll do it by the by. We wait for your map @abcdragon66 so we can set off on the first adventure, right?

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

Is this closed or can more people join? This looks awesome!

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

I'll make a collector.

Sorry, I thought it was set in stone.

Well, it's open, but no one knows when it'll start. Join in! Abc'll probably take a while to finish the map, but hopefully, it'll be done soon!

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

Awesome, I'm happy to slot in wherever, let me know

Showing 16-30 of 47