ForumsNews and FeedbackQuest Rankings

7 5237
Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

I was looking over the quest rankings recently and I noticed that it's sorted by AG Points only (or at least appears to be)

The thing is, with having so many players, lots of people have the same AG Points at the same time, but I've noticed that people with less quests completed are higher up than me, also people with more quests are higher too, so it's kinda random in that regard

Anyway, to get to my point, I think it would be a good idea if a double ranking system was implemented

So, it would primarily be ordered by AG Points, but then secondarily be ordered by quests completed, which would give a more accurate picture of players' ranks

What do people think?

• 7 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Hulb2

The ranking means an overall show of activity/performance site-wide, and points are just a way to measure it. Quests are not the only way to get points. If I'm not mistaken merits (awarded by moderators) too grant points, which are earned, in general terms, by contributing to the community and all sorts of good deeds. Also, points earned from quests vary depending on the difficulty of the quest, which would be the reason why someone could rank higher than you despite having less quests. This is good so that it encourages players to complete a set of quests a game is given instead of finishing most of the quests and leaving out the most difficult yet rewarding quests to get from the game.

So displaying ranking based on quest count would not accurately display a leaderboard, plus it is already shown in the leaderboard either way and there is also a hero board which primarily shows only quest counts.

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

@SirLegendary with respect, I don't think you're quite grasping my point, sorry

I'm not suggesting change it from AG Points to Quests Completed, I'm suggesting making a secondary ranking of Quests Completed to make the rankings look more ordered

As an example, let's say we had the following random Players (QC = Quests Completed, AGP = AG Points)

A 50QC 5,000AGP
B 20QC 5,000AGP
C 30QC 6,000AGP
D 100QC 6,000AGP
E 60QC 5,000AGP

In current rankings, you may see:

C 30QC 6,000AGP
D 100QC 6,000AGP
B 20QC 5,000AGP
E 60QC 5,000AGP
A 50QC 5,000AGP

What I'm saying is that it looks odd that people with the same AGP are ordered randomly when it comes to QC, and obviously from my hypothetical rankings, player C probably earned some Merits in order to push them up to 6,000AGP

So, it would look better, and be more accurate, if a secondary ranking of QC was implemented so the rankings would then look like:

D 100QC 6,000AGP
C 30QC 6,000AGP
E 60QC 5,000AGP
A 50QC 5,000AGP
B 20QC 5,000AGP

As you can see, the primary ranking system is still in AGP, so they are essentially in the same order, but having a secondary ranking system of QC means that people of the same AGP can be ranked against each other more accurately

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Hulb2 Ah I see your point. Well, I think the reason for that is probably based on who got to X amount of points first. So if user A, B, and C had the same amount of points (X) and it can be seen that the order looks random, it's probably arranged from who achieved (X) first. I think that is typically how most leaderboards arrange their orders (especially if there is a maximum points/score that can be achieved). Hoping an admin... *cough* @MrDayCee ... can confirm or correct me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@Hulb2 What @SirLegendary explained is correct. But more importantly, there already is a leaderboard that displays a ranking based on Quests earned: the 'Hero Board'. It is located under the 'MORE' button at the top navigation bar. This ranking shows who earned the most Quests daily, weekly and all-time.

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

@SirLegendary Ah, right, yea that makes sense, thanks

@MrDayCee I understand there's a separate quests completed leaderboard, but my point was solely about the AG Points leaderboard and how its presentation just looked a bit off to me was all

On a separate point, that I don't really want to get into, but just to mention is that the quests completed leaderboard doesn't allow you to find your rank if you're beyond page 100 I believe, which is why I only refer to the AG Points leaderboard, personally

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@Hulb2 There is a 'Find me' button at the top of the Hero Board page, which should work normally... could you try and check if it works for you please? Just to make sure it is not broken.

Hulb2
Hulb2
28 posts
Jester

@MrDayCee When using the Find Me function on the "All Time" leaderboard, it just comes up with a message which says:

"You are located past page 100 of the Hero Board, which is too far to display."

& actually, when doing "Find Me" on "This Week" it takes me to a page I'm not even on. However, just by chance, I clicked the pages around it and turns out I'm on p.11, the "Find Me" button takes me to p.10

Can't test "Today" at this moment though, sorry

Showing 1-7 of 7