ForumsProgramming ForumAdobe will stop supporting Flash?!?!?!?

4 4348
top03
top03
1 posts
Farmer

Never ever posted anything on these forums, never even opened it before BUT
today i opened chrome and a pop-up told me that chrome will stop supporting flash BECAUSE ADOBE ITSELF WILL STOP DOING IT?!?!
I mean 99.9% of games here are written in flash, how tf will we be able to save them from the impending doom? Are they condemned to pass into oblivion?

• 4 Replies
JackWishbone
JackWishbone
1 posts
Nomad

@nd day I have not been able to get into my game BP. Don't know what is happening but others say something happened with Flash. Why isn't Armor Games fixing this end?

Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

I hope Mozilla Firefox continues to support flash. It would be a shame for us to be unable to run older titles.

I was quite bummed about Silverlight going down years ago, moreso when I found out about Flash going out.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I see I'm a bit late here, but I'm fairly certain most of the new game, from probably the past 2 or more years, released here on Armor Games (and also Kongregate) are NOT Flash based. Most new games are either ported from Unity (I think it's ported as WebGL) or are HTML5 and JavaScript. I've also seen other game engines that will port games for browsers that do NOT use Flash. So there should be a rather large chunk of games that will be fine after Adobe drops support for Flash, because those games are NOT Flash.

However, I do not know what will happen for games that ARE Flash based.

Viperision
Viperision
19 posts
Nomad

It's on Armor Games to decide it, they could as well shut any right away or anytime soon, probably based on their revenue, but I guess I'm talking the obvious? I don't know, will they do it favor of cutting support for the same reason. I dunno, can hackers suddenly take over unmaintenanced Flash of websites?

Showing 1-4 of 4