ForumsWEPRKongregate Shutting Down

3 6388
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Waiting for those last few hours?days? before its gone. Sucks to have corporate overlords.

What are your thorughs. Have you had any connections with it?

I was in the impression they were the biggest one from all flash game sites so what are your predictions about developers moving to smaller companies, people migrateing to other sites and etc? Will we finnaly see ArmorGames being more active like in the past?

Who is to blame, considering no one uses flash anyway and all uploads are unity,webgl,html and etc?

Just discuss

• 3 Replies
lLadida
lLadida
3 posts
Chancellor

It sucks! There are no more published games or badges, chat rooms are being removed and forums are changed to read-only. I have had more friends on Kongregate than AG, especially as on AG i started with Cloudstone and Kira online - both of which are no longer available. Does anyone know of a good browser that will allow Flash after Dec. 2020? I heard Brave browser or Waterfox are decent.

lLadida
lLadida
3 posts
Chancellor

I am very sorry: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/1916387-probably-july-29-important-kongregate-announcement

^^ that is the announcement.

JMFSpike
JMFSpike
19 posts
Chamberlain

Just heard about this and was quite shocked. I was never a member of that site, but it is definitely one of the biggest (if not the biggest) web browser game sites. It doesn't sound like they are completely shutting down though. A lot of it is, but the site itself and the games that are on it will remain. It even says that the devs can still update their games. I think that they are basically just trying to figure out how to move forward. The no more games thing may just be temporary until they've figured everything out. Who knows what the future holds for them.

Showing 1-3 of 3