ForumsQuestsWill there ever be new quests?

14 6751
Daniel100
Daniel100
9 posts
Shepherd

I'm just wondering. If you guys won't ever make new quests, why not let the community help, most of us would gladly assist you guys in improving the site.

• 14 Replies
ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

I assume theyre too busy with converting the website post flash and getting proper HTML5 games or other games based on new technology, to then make quests for. Whats the point of making quests for excisting flash games which will be unplayable soon

Daniel100
Daniel100
9 posts
Shepherd

Who says they'll be unplayable? Ruffle is trying pretty hard to get them working and all the flash games I tried on Newgrounds work because of their extension. I believe that Ruffle will become the best Flash alternative in the near future.
Also, I brought this up because the last quest made was in April 2019 and it's been almost 2 years.
I really hope that Armor Games won't stop caring about the community like Kongregate did. I love this site and I'd hate to see it go down that path.

Jamal9
Jamal9
2 posts
Blacksmith

I agree: I searched for a quest but I couldn't find an available one... I'm not mad at it, but, you know, I'd like to try a new quest every now and then.
I could use a list of playable quests, because browsing the entire list and being unable to find one is a pity.

Daniel100
Daniel100
9 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I searched a lot too, I thought that the Quest Games list was waay too short to be accurate, but I think those are the only 2 games with quests that work at the moment sadly.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

I'll give my speculations. The problem with quests is that they require cooperation between both the developer and Armor Games. Now, perhaps developers just don't want to put them in. Or perhaps AG isn't making the option to add quests clear enough. As I believe that adding quests would attract people to the developer's game, it seems odd that they wouldn't add any.

But that's just speculation. As I haven't published anything to AG, (yet) I wouldn't know.

Daniel100
Daniel100
9 posts
Shepherd

I don't want blame AG, but I think most devs would want quests for their games, since there's no negative to having them and they can boost popularity. I also think that AG just didn't feel like adding more since April 2019.

BTW, that (yet) in your comment made me add you as a friend. You seem like a cool guy and I'm curious to see what you're creating. Good luck and let's hope AG will talk more with their community in the future.

JohannLink
JohannLink
2 posts
Scribe

I keep wondering also. Quests add a lot of fun to the games imo, hope they get back to adding them soon.

Daniel100
Daniel100
9 posts
Shepherd

Same here, but I'm kinda losing hope, since there's been no update for a month.

SamuelRichards
SamuelRichards
5 posts
Nomad

I am also looking forward to quests, I want to play something new, I hope they will hear us and the situation will change soon.

Daniel100
Daniel100
9 posts
Shepherd

Hope is all we have at this point.

gwenn20
gwenn20
3 posts
Marquise

I just hope they tell us exactly there progress in their work to make the quests work again.
Because the latest official post for the quests was on DEC 8th 2020. I think they can do better then that , more official announcement would be appreciated. Even if there is no progress

Loving the site and also want to help where possible. Like many I guess

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

Yep. Maybe this would be a good time to rework the website on the whole, but then again, how many people are still staffing this site?

Sparagnausen
Sparagnausen
8 posts
Lord

lets hope so

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
603 posts
Shepherd

Of course there won't be any new quests on this website; the game "The Last Quest" has been posted on this website thereby ending AG quests for all eternity.

Showing 1-14 of 14