ForumsThe TavernNew game idea: "Amish Rebellion".

2 282
FoolishAhus
FoolishAhus
15 posts
Farmer

A hybreed of Pandemic, Religious Idol, and Risk. Even similar to a lesser known game called; "The Corporate Machine".
It starts off you are from an Amish family who by their true traditions allow an 18 year-old to leave the farming community and explore the sinful world beyond. However your particular family is deviant of the traditions in seeking rank in U.S. Military service and the game starts as you being a 4-star general in Area 51. The objective is to get everyone out of the influence of the Corporate Powers who use cybernetic clones to produce in farming, mining, factory and military while allowing naturally born people to live freely and only do certain works like entertainment or otherwise can live on free minimal amount of free-government money. The trick of this is the Amish faction takes their deviation of Amish-Tradition beyond what is expected, and is also using cybernetic clones in the same way the corporate system does, but to be rid of them and return human life to the considered "original honorable" way of natural born people choosing to do jobs no one wants to do like farming, mining, factory, and military service based off taxation demand and government report to the people of what works are needed as it was in "the good ol' days". After the player overturns the corporate system from seemingly nothing while avoiding attention until a certain level of development, you then unlock the corporate resurgence quest line of retaking America back from the Amish, from there you can repeat the game back and forth with ever growing bonuses like hidden bases and sleeper followers reassigned. At no point however does the conflict make notice to the common public, it is all secret agent matrix style civil-warfare. Unlike Pandemic but more like "The Corporate Machine" you select each of the 50 states to build and upgrade underground bases, gain support from the common masses in either achieving "real workers" such as farmers, miners, factory, and military or "real freedomists" of consumers who do fun high pay jobs or not work at all. While also attacking underground bases of the opposing faction with boring (digging) machines which are also giant bombs and swarming bases with cybernetic clone warriors who are more powerful and obedient by default no matter if Amish or Corporate, while getting through defenses that if left un-attacked will become extremely costly in materials and production time to attack once found and assaulted.
That is about it, I own zero rights to this game idea for I want to only see it and play, also what little effort, time, and mental strain it took for me to type this (about 10 minutes) does not compare to what game Devs will have to go through to make this crazy game for free to at least the point of completing Amish quest line but not able to play infinite mode as corporate without buying for whatever price it's worth. Thank you for consideration I hope yall at least enjoyed the read.

• 2 Replies
FoolishAhus
FoolishAhus
15 posts
Farmer

Remember the kid's story; "The Giving Tree"? If not it was about a talking tree that a boy finds who gives him apples and when he gets older he cuts it down to make a house, and then once it's just a stump he uses it as a table to have parties.
What it taught me was to not be the caring generous sort or you will just get taken advantage of until you have nothing and enslaved to rich folk who are the take only sort. So I figure if they want to have this take only economy they can only turn to cybernetic cloning, now nothing grants that they will share all that abundant production with commoners like me who do not have the intelligence and outgoing personality to achieve great wealth at the expense of others as they do, but at least they will not have me under their boot of low pay and high taxes, I would rather die, in a fair economy where no one is allowed more than a million dollars to their personal usage and the rest of their money is highly regulated by the government to ensure fair wielding of that power and fair pay so that we may retire and enjoy life, maybe they would get work out of me, but instead they can turn to cybernetic cloning for slaves, I will not live a life of seeing the rich live as anyone would want while I work some dirty low paying job.

FoolishAhus
FoolishAhus
15 posts
Farmer

When you only know of one form of living you will suffer the jealousy of those who live better than you, these cybernetic clones would be happy in their works of farming, mining, factory etc. and never be harmed, they would have pleasure inducement and culture that focuses all thought to their work and not need more than the minimum water, food, sleep while producing all that natural born humans would need. Then everyone could live freely on money given to them by the government simply for having been born naturally. Everyone not born as a clone would be nearly living as a king. However; certain works would still need to be done by natural born humans like medical and services of stores and restaurants postal delivery and other face to face works that would be impossible to hide natural born humans from the workers. Thus those who live as I without work are on a minimum in their rights to consume using money, and otherwise would be jailed for turning to theft for greater gain if refusing to work the service jobs. Hydroponic factory farms, mining, and other factory type works however are easy to localize in a way that those workers do not know of any other life and will only think that is the only form of existence. True that those who ask too many questions in where the food, materials, or mechanical parts comes from would be designated as criminally insane for thinking freely, but otherwise these people would not be as bad off as the slaves of old who really suffered. It isn't really the best end of things considering particle science, but in these times it is the best that can be achieved, and from what I have read from Wired magazine about Chinese industry dabbling in test tube born humans it is most certainly what they are already doing, and all the goods that America has bought from China that now today will be printed as made in America even is not is all that we the Free People of Equality rely on and no one wants to do those low paying dangerous or otherwise dirty jobs, so long as America pulls in Chinese made goods this is the new industry. Only because I had been in the U.S. Navy for one year do I have enough money to own this computer, and not have enough to buy another. Only by a combination of SSI money from the U.S. Government and divorce alimony money does Mom keep her house and I live in it as well with her. In physical proof that is how things stand these days. Any moral issues concerning these things should first be simulated in a videogame to see how such warring would play out if technological Amish of American Equality really want to "throw down" with the "turncoats" of American Corporations let alone actually face off with the Chinese themselves. The News lies, the Taiwan thing is not so, they too are provided for by the Chinese industry of cybernetic clone slaves. Other than that if any Devs of Armor Games reads this please do make this game, I hope to see it in 4 years from today, if not sooner.

Showing 1-2 of 2