ForumsSupport ForumDisrespectful comments towards other users

4 398
Altoman
Altoman
2 posts
Bard

Recently I played a game where the comments were mostly negative. I though the game had a lot of potential so I made a full review of all the points I though could use some polishing. To my surprise, the dev took some of my points into consideration and it really helped the game get a more positive feedback.

Later, a user started an exchange with me claiming that one of my points was a bit picky. I then tried to explain that it was an easy fix and as a matter of fact, it was already fixed.

However, the more the discussion went on, the more hateful the other user was and they started insulting me. To be honest it didn't really bother me at the time but it got me curious. So I clicked on their name. It was without a surprise that the user was having multiple discussion on every recent games. Each more disrespectful than the other. It went from treating other users (Losers, stalkers, entitled and pathetic) to threatening them to report on reddit.

So here is my question. Does reporting a user really do anything? Is there a better way to bring this up to the moderators of this site? Users like this are making the comment section a toxic environment. I know I can block them but it wont prevent them from being disrespectful towards other users.

I don't want to point names. If you want to see, just go in the comment section of any recent games with a lower score and you will most likely find them.

• 4 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

You can send an email to support@armorgames.com and I'll be happy to look into their post history and make a decision from there. Thanks for your feedback and caring about the community and comments section!

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I empathize Altoman! I've had the exact same experience more than once before (I made a comment, the dev implemented a fix and was thankful, and then I was attacked in the comments for it!) and noticed that those users were going after others the same way on multiple threads. You're not alone, and lots of people support thoughtful comments with thumbs-ups.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You can put a comment directly on my wall and I'll look at it.

Altoman
Altoman
2 posts
Bard

Thank you for your responses

I went back to where the most heated discussions were and saw that a lot of them were deleted. I don't know what happened, but it feels pretty good to see that these toxic exchanges can be removed.

If anything like that ever happen again, I'll know what to do. Thank you again.

Showing 1-4 of 4