ForumsSupport Forumgame progress not loading on new computer

2 161
crocodile235
crocodile235
2 posts
Peasant

Hi! Apologies that this has likely been asked before. I have a game that I've been playing for a while on my laptop (while logged in to my account), and every time I open it there it picks up exactly where I left off. But when I log into my account on a different computer, it acts as if I've never played the game before and opens at the very beginning of the game, no progress saved at all. Not sure what's going on.

• 2 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @crocodile235 you didn't mention which game, so I can't give you a definitive answer... but it sounds like the game is only saving locally. Which means it saves to the computer you're using; it isn't tied to your Armor account and stored online.

For a local save, it's stored in localStorage, but that location is browser dependent and takes a bit of work in order to access, download, and migrate to another PC. I'd recommend looking at a tutorial on how to do this. This process was a lot easier for Flash games.

crocodile235
crocodile235
2 posts
Peasant

Hey Tasselfoot, thank you! It's Clicker Heroes. But your theory sounds totally legit and I bet that's what's going on. I'll find a tutorial. If it's too much of a hassle I'll just skip it and keep playing on the laptop.

Showing 1-2 of 2