ForumsThe TavernSonny (2017) not available for Android anymore?

4 388
Fomortiis
Fomortiis
2 posts
Nomad

I was checking the google play store and was looking for Sonny (2017) and it seems to be gone, what happened to it?

• 4 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hi. Unfortunately, mobile stores are not like PC ones. On PC, when you release a game, it pretty much lives forever thanks to plug-ins and runtimes and backwards compatability.

On mobile, however, you're at the whims of Apple and Google's rules. And a big part of their rules requires staying up to date on their frameworks. Which means every single developer of mobile games has to continue to update their games forever, or risk having them removed from the store. Sadly, Sonny isn't a game that we update any longer... and due to Google requiring these updates, and us not making those updates, means they removed it from the store. There's nothing wrong with the game; it still works... Google just decided it won't host it any longer. I'd recommend getting it on PC, if you'd still like to play it.

Fomortiis
Fomortiis
2 posts
Nomad

Well that sucks. Thanks for the information.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Yup. It does suck. Sorry.

1 posts
Nomad

I backed up the apk for the version I had because it didn't install on the s24 Ultra. But alas it's incompatible and won't even let me install it XD.

Showing 1-4 of 4